Using Skype For Sms

bapak

Because of finger mobility, I use Skype for sending SMS.. Replies are received on my mobile phone. Is there any way to receive responses via Skype? Or another way where I can both send and receive SMS on same device?

Depending on what you phone is you might be able to send to/from your PC. I have done this with both Nokia and Samsung phones, hooked up with the relevant PC software. Of course the phone is receiving the reply, but you can see it, reply to it and store it on your PC.

Depending on what you phone is you might be able to send to/from your PC. I have done this with both Nokia and Samsung phones, hooked up with the relevant PC software. Of course the phone is receiving the reply, but you can see it, reply to it and store it on your PC.

Mobile is old, like its owner.. Nokia 6300.

From the clue from phaethon, I downloaded Nokia PC Suite... all ok with past messages, and incoming.. However, when I type new message, it appears to go out, but does not... nor is in my phone Outbox on my phone.. I use TRUE Move, which is in the Nokio list.

I loved SKYPE for sending texts. It's 10x faster than my phone and I can copy and paste to multiple recipients in no time. But....

The past few months, SKYPE has been indicating my texts were sent, then delivered. But they disappeared into the cloud and were not received. As a test, I texted myself some short messages and they were shown by SKYPE as "delivered" but I never got them on my Bangkok THGSM cell phone. I've tried it multiple times and it's hit and miss.

I have a monthly subscription to SKYPE International and plenty of cash in my SKYPE account for texts (which I'm not sure are included under my subscription). Phone calls go through great, along with most texts. But they lose enough texts I just can't count on them- probably 20-40%.

I'd welcome any suggestions.

I loved SKYPE for sending texts. It's 10x faster than my phone and I can copy and paste to multiple recipients in no time. But....

The past few months, SKYPE has been indicating my texts were sent, then delivered. But they disappeared into the cloud and were not received. As a test, I texted myself some short messages and they were shown by SKYPE as "delivered" but I never got them on my Bangkok THGSM cell phone. I've tried it multiple times and it's hit and miss.

I have a monthly subscription to SKYPE International and plenty of cash in my SKYPE account for texts (which I'm not sure are included under my subscription). Phone calls go through great, along with most texts. But they lose enough texts I just can't count on them- probably 20-40%.

The few times when I had trouble with SKYPE SMS, I would log a ticket with the SKYPE help desk. They usually fix it within a few hours.

From the clue from phaethon, I downloaded Nokia PC Suite... all ok with past messages, and incoming.. However, when I type new message, it appears to go out, but does not... nor is in my phone Outbox on my phone.. I use TRUE Move, which is in the Nokio list.

when sending SMS from PC Suite or OVI Suite via the Nokia, the SENT message would not record in the phone SENT box. same concept as we send email from Outlook or else via the ISP, the sent message not recorded in the ISP outbox.

for some important SMS, I put my mobile number on it as well.

just for your information, Nokia PC Suite will eventually replaced by Nokia OVI Suite. IMO, Nokia PC Suite is easier to use, less bell and whistle.

Same experience here, paid subscriber to Skype, when sending SMS to Thailand (DTAC subscribers mostly). Some messages are lost, others are delivered up to one hour later. Very unreliable lately. Who's at fault? Skype or DTAC? no idea.

Has anyone had any luck with Google's free SMS sending by the way? It's advertised as being available in Thailand now but just every attempt at sending messages I've made resulted in the message falling into a black hole...