New True Visions Hd Box

thaimate

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well up to the other day I was just to understand that truevision was just going to upgrade tomorrow , However while watch HBO today I see a new message telling me that after tomorrow my old decoder ( Topfield TF6300IR ) Will no longer work !

So I contacted Truevision were I could buy a decoder from , They gave me a list of the dealers however after phoning them I was told they had sold out and was waiting for stock to arrive .At the moment it would seem the only place that I can buy a new decoder from is Bangkok !

The price I was told was just under 4000 Baht that was for Platinum Accountant holders so this is turning out to be a nightmare as there must be thousands of other people waiting to buy or rent a new decoder only to be told that there was none available this I might add is in the south of Thailand .

So looks like the only way to get a new box is by going up to Bangkok or waiting till the dealer get them in the south .

Just wondering is the wait worth it !

Sub101uk

Well up to the other day I was just to understand that truevision was just going to upgrade tomorrow , However while watch HBO today I see a new message telling me that after tomorrow my old decoder ( Topfield TF6300IR ) Will no longer work !

So I contacted Truevision were I could buy a decoder from , They gave me a list of the dealers however after phoning them I was told they had sold out and was waiting for stock to arrive .At the moment it would seem the only place that I can buy a new decoder from is Bangkok !

The price I was told was just under 4000 Baht that was for Platinum Accountant holders so this is turning out to be a nightmare as there must be thousands of other people waiting to buy or rent a new decoder only to be told that there was none available this I might add is in the south of Thailand .

So looks like the only way to get a new box is by going up to Bangkok or waiting till the dealer get them in the south .

Sub101uk

Maybe I am daft but they just came about a month ago and replaced our box to the new one. There was no charge. I am missing something here?

Sub101uk

Maybe I am daft but they just came about a month ago and replaced our box to the new one. There was no charge. I am missing something here?

You probably pay a monthly maintenance fee for your box...that extra B155.15 charge on your monthly bill...this covers the cost of replacement/repair of your box....and when you turn the box in you will get a B2000 deposit refund. I expect sub101uk bought his equipment and if the box needs replacement/repair he has to make the arrangements versus True coming out and doing it for free (well, not really free since there is that monthly maintenance fee). A lot of folks out there bought their TrueVisions equipment.

Hi BkkJames

Did you rent or buy your decoder ? As I think if you rent they will come change it over , But I bought mine over 2 years ago and just found out that after the upgrade the old decoder will no longer work . All they seem to be telling you is from tonight till tomorrow morning you wont be able to watch any True Channels .

So now there must be a few thousand people trying to get hold of the new decoder as all the shops in the Hat Yai area have sold out . I wonder what the rest of Thailand is like ?

sub101uk

Hi BKKJames I wonder do you Rent your Decoder or did you buy it I wonder ? I think if you rent they will come and change over but in my case I bought the decoder about 2 years ago .

I knew they were doing the upgrade today but knew nothing that the old decoder would not work after tonight , But there must be thousands of people that after tonight wont be able to watch true .I did check with the dealers in Hat Yai and they have all sold out .

This is turning out to be a nightmare !

Sub101uk

Hi BKKJames

I wonder did you rent or have you bought your Truevision Decoder , I think if you rent they will come over and replace but I think if you have bought your decoder then you have to sort out your own replacement .

I knew nothing about that after tonight that the old decoder would no longer work , All they seem to be telling us is from late tonight to early tomorrow morning you will no longer be able to receive any true vision channels .

After checking with the 3 main line dealers in Hat Yai they have all sold out so I think many thousands of people are still trying to replace there decoders .

Its a Total nightmare !

Sub101uk

Can buy brand new Truevisions HD box for 4500 baht from here : www.9sats.com, don't get from Truevisions they want 7500 baht.

Good company and very good prices...I've bought dozens of items from them over the last few years. Google Translate is your friend in using their web site. What I usually do is cut and paste the items I want to buy from their website onto a document, take a printout of that document with me to the store, hand it to them, they get the items within a few minutes, you can pay with a credit/debit card also, and off I go. It's a very busy little store but you get fast service...a lot of satellite installers buy their equipment there and then just significantly jack-up the price to their customer...anybody can buy there

Edited by Pib

Hi BKKJames I wonder do you Rent your Decoder or did you buy it I wonder ? I think if you rent they will come and change over but in my case I bought the decoder about 2 years ago .

I knew they were doing the upgrade today but knew nothing that the old decoder would not work after tonight , But there must be thousands of people that after tonight wont be able to watch true .I did check with the dealers in Hat Yai and they have all sold out .

This is turning out to be a nightmare !

Sub101uk

Thing is, its not just the box, but it must be a 'paired' box and card.. You will no longer be able to swap cards around between boxes and it work, it will be card and box as a package.

But perhaps dont panic just yet.. Yes tonight there will be an upgrade, tonight true moves some channels to MPEG4 (which ones we dont know) and introduced new HD lineup that wont be possible on the older boxes.. But we dont know 100% for sure that the current encoding and encryption stops tonight. Its quite possible they run both encryption systems in parallel, or leave many of the lower priced channels on the older system as they continue to roll out boxes. For sure in the next few months it will fully change over, but its unknown if it will do a full switch tonight.

Thing is, its not just the box, but it must be a 'paired' box and card.. You will no longer be able to swap cards around between boxes and it work, it will be card and box as a package.

And I think that pairing is done by True linking the box and card numbers together in their system/your subscription profile; if a box failed that a person had bought and he bought a replacement, he would need to contact True to have them pair the card and box together to make the combination work...then the card would work with the new box but not the old box any longer.

And I think that pairing is done by True linking the box and card numbers together in their system/your subscription profile; if a box failed that a person had bought and he bought a replacement, he would need to contact True to have them pair the card and box together to make the combination work...then the card would work with the new box but not the old box any longer.

Totally correct.

This is the main strong point of their new encryption system, NDS v.4 (videoguard). This will stop all the CS going on.

Of course, this will only happen if they stop their old encryption system (irdeto2) completely.

As far as we know, users of the True Knowledge package are not supposed to be affected, i.e. not needing new boxes, so those channels should remain in mpeg2 and on Irdeto2.

http://www3.truecorp...e_Package?ln=en

Nothing much special there though smile.png

Source: http://www3.truecorp.co.th/truevisions/activity/entry/433

Members of Platinum, Gold, Gold Lite and Silver packages who have still not swapped to the new HD Plus box, Please contact TrueVisions Care urgently to make arrangements to have your box swapped at 02-725-2525 between 08:00 to 22:00 daily. Note that after 16 July, your old box will cease to operate as it is not compatible with the new mpeg 4 technology.

TrueVisions, as always, continues to strive to bring enhanced viewing pleasure and top-quality service to you and your family and we are sure that you will agree that the improvements will be well-worth any small inconvenience

Clearly no mentioning the knowledge package in there

We'll all know tomorrow 9 AM...

Correct me if I'm wrong but how will this NDS V4 encryption changeover stop CS when that type of encryption is being used now in the UK by Sky and in Malaysia by Astro, and to my knowledge CS is working quite well................

Well its 09.57 and I have turned on the Tv after the upgrade and found there is very little left that you can receive with the old decoder .

I have contacted true regarding were to get a replacement decoder and they gave me this list of 43 of there dealers , However checking with most they all seem to have sold out .Since I am in the south of Thailand I did check with the 3 local agents in Hat Yai again sold out .

I did check with a few of there main line shops in Bangkok and was told they had them in stock , This is crazy does this mean I have to go all the way from Hat Yai to Bangkok because we all know how fast things happen in Thailand we might be lucky to get the new decoders in the south in the next few weeks or months .

I would hate to be on there care phone line today .

Sub101uk

001TrueVisionsFullServiceAgents_UPC.xls

Now we have all these great HD channels (and mine worked fine this morning) i guess i'll have to invest in the HD recorder. Anyone got one yet. I heard the extra charge is 100 baht a month. Do you get the recorder from Truevisions or can you buy one yourslef (i guess cheaper). Are there a choice of sizes i.e. 500 gb, 1 TB etc). How easy are they to use (better than the old PVRs).