Good Pizza Places--Pizza Company Ugh!

gguy

I love Venezia Pizza, nice thin crust with fresh ingredients. They used to have a website with menu but unable to locate. They have a nice resto and offer take-away.

http://www.bangkokpo...g/venezia/7211/

They are on Soi 11 in between the Citadines Hotel & Bed Super Club

they went tits up a while ago. In my experience the food and service were garbage

There is also a nice restaurant across from Soi 15 ..i forgot the name. Haven't had pizza, but the mushrooms in whitewine are a DREAM!

You're talking about the La Casa Italian restaurant in Sukhumvit Plaza near Soi 10, and opposite from Soi 15 on the other side of the main road.

IME, the food and wine there is pretty good, and the prices are fair. But it doesn't seem to generate much attention or respect.

post-58284-0-24806800-1325409659_thumb.j

another 2 are Lemoncello in Suk 11 and another I found recently at beleive or not the Mecure in Soi 22 its call viva vino, both EXCELLENT and all near BTS all are around the same price. note: viva vino was running a 2 for 1 offer during Nov and also 2 for 1 beers all day and night so that was incredible value...

Limoncello in Suk Soi 11 is OK, but in my experience their pizzas tend to be a bit dry, sparsely topped and overpriced for what they provide... But maybe it's a European vs. American style pizza thing...

http://zanottigroup.com/pizzeria.html

There is also a nice restaurant across from Soi 15 ..i forgot the name. Haven't had pizza, but the mushrooms in whitewine are a DREAM!

You're talking about the La Casa Italian restaurant in Sukhumvit Plaza near Soi 10, and opposite from Soi 15 on the other side of the main road.

IME, the food and wine there is pretty good, and the prices are fair. But it doesn't seem to generate much attention or respect.

that's the one!

another 2 are Lemoncello in Suk 11 and another I found recently at beleive or not the Mecure in Soi 22 its call viva vino, both EXCELLENT and all near BTS all are around the same price. note: viva vino was running a 2 for 1 offer during Nov and also 2 for 1 beers all day and night so that was incredible value...

Limoncello in Suk Soi 11 is OK, but in my experience their pizzas tend to be a bit dry, sparsely topped and overpriced for what they provide... But maybe it's a European vs. American style pizza thing...

I agree. Limoncello has gone stale in my view.

Scoozi is a good tip.

But real good pizza and nice atmosphere (though no elevated roads): Big Mama at Asoke. Excellent value for money!

I went and liked this place few years ago. Then came back last month and was quite disappointed by the overall quality of the food. Definitely not the best pizza in Bangkok.

Never went to their restaurant, but have had too many delivery issues with them, so I gave them up long time ago.

I was there just a few days ago.

Amazed about the fact it was packed with customers mid-week.

More amazed of all the HiSo (and wannabe HiSo) Thais there.

Then it turned out one of the Princes had previously eaten there, and voila the upper class suddenly likes it as well.

;-)

PS. The pizza was ok.

For all of above answers, you would get more value for your hard earned Baht by getting a box of frozen pizzas from the nearest Makro.. smile.png

make your own all you need is a frying pan. rice flour, 1 egg, milk, combine, throw into pan for 10 mins on high and then flip and spread tomato paste and add toppings, turn down heat and place foil over the top so its now an oven. 30 mins, great pizza and cheap!

Edited by Hooters

I was there just a few days ago.

Amazed about the fact it was packed with customers mid-week.

More amazed of all the HiSo (and wannabe HiSo) Thais there.

Then it turned out one of the Princes had previously eaten there, and voila the upper class suddenly likes it as well.

;-)

PS. The pizza was ok.

I take my favourite bargirl there from time to time. She likes the linguine and will be tickled to know the prince ate there as well.

New place tried: The Bay, Ladprao Soi 15, bear left at the fork (toward Big C rear entrance), right hand side. Good pizza, VERY good crust, quality ingredients, small 219 baht, medium 279 baht. Had the Italian Special, added green pepper (no charge), a fried cashew/onion/chili appetizer (very good), and drinks, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good service, nice ambiance, too.

Recommended.

• 3 months later...

that's the one!

After this thread reminded me, the wife and I went back there the other night for the first time in a long time, and had a dinner that included one of their pizzas... All varieties around the 200 to 300 baht range... But the pizza was VERY good.... thin crust, soft except for the outer edges, moist consistency, just the right balance of sauce and cheese and toppings... No cloying sugar-heavy sauces or mayo toppings. Well done. The pizza there almost made me forget I'm in Thailand. Take that as a recommendation.