Non Smoking Law Rescinded Or Ignored?

gk10002000

as long as non-smokers are paying customers in bars that allow smoking and the revenue made out of the smoking customers exceeds the necessary close-your-eyes-mr-policeman fee it will continue. Simmple business 101 :b

A few places have the ban in effect but that can depend what part of the country you are in and what the owner of the bar has decided upon. Time and laxity has let the smoking creep back in from the initial ban level.

Some bars have sections where you can smoke / not smoke. Seems to me that in Pattaya especially most bars seem to allow smoking again.

Walk into the bar and look around. If there are ashtrays about they allow smoking even if there are signs stating no smoking.

This is enforced throughout Northern Europe. Bar owners hate it. Their clientele have disappeared. The non smokers pop in for half a shandy on the weekend.

Does that mean smokers are bigger drinkers than non smokers?

It means that non-smokers aren't exercising their right to get pished in the smokeless zone that they all clamoured for.

So, you complain about Gogo Bars not sticking to the law. I hope you are aware that showing boobs and <deleted> is also not legal. Not sure if you still would enjoy your Bars if they would stick to the law........ coffee1.gif

It is not easy for BGs to look sufficiently slutty without smoking cigarettes. This very important issue has to be taken into account. w00t.gif

Cigarette smoke is some of these girls best asset, it helps to hide the unsightly birth marks, stretch marks, home made tattoos and the totally disinterested look in their eyes.

This very imporatant issue has to be taken into account, before deciding on whether to take a number or not.

wouldn't be too bothered about clubs/pubs but sat outside a restaurant last week and had to put up with a group of smokers sitting next to us...considering dishes were about 4-500 baht each i won't be going there dry.png

Outside tables in restaurants are usually for smokers and their friends, try inside next time.

I agree the poster does not mind looking at the "naked flesh" but the the smoking law well.... The USA and Uk as does all of Europe has many NON smoking bars including ones that do not break "other" laws enjoy!

Edited by maprao

Smoking in the bars and clubs doesnt really bother me, in fact I enjoy it. I went into a gogo on soi 7 a couple of weeks ago, theres a big no smoking sign on the door, when I pointed to it the chaps at the door just said its no problem you can smoke.

I get more annoyed at the non smokers who put on the fake cough whenever someone lights up.

If the bars stuck to the rules then I wouldnt go there, I like to smoke when I drink.

peace

The BIB are really missing out on a gold mine of cash. At 2000b a pop, they could CLEAN HOUSE going bar to bar, place to place, busting smokers. Day in, day out.

It would be their biggest cash cow yet.

They make their cash by allowing it to happen.

one of the main reasons people object to smoking in the venues is passive smoking and the long term damage this can cause to your health.

the venues that are beign refered to are gogo's and the like i would assume.

and the people moaning are there for what ? a beer or to find a companion for the night ? or just to oggle the girls perhaps.

so lets ban smoking. or at least adhere to the ban.

and adhere to the nudity ban. conform to opening hours, and stop barfines.

while we're at it lets put signs up telling those who did not know that a condom only lowers the risk of herpes by 30% and also that unless you have condoms that cover your scrotum that there is also little preotection agianst genital warts.

i'm a smoker .. i detest smoking in restauraunts and would even support and adhere to no smoking when gogo's have food layed on ..

and when they did ban smoking several years ago here i was one of the many that walked into bars, asked if i could smoke and if denied just went elsewhere.

in europe where the P.C. no smoking brigade won the war there are still places you can smoke . when they banned alchohol in prohibition did it stop people drinking or just drive them underground and create a whole new world of underground bars.

in thailand it will come oneday i'm sure.. but there are so many other more important things i think they should really deal with 1st

wouldn't be too bothered about clubs/pubs but sat outside a restaurant last week and had to put up with a group of smokers sitting next to us...considering dishes were about 4-500 baht each i won't be going there dry.png

Outside tables in restaurants are usually for smokers and their friends, try inside next time.

It was open air 'eating' area opposed to a 'smoking' area, there was another group next to us and one of them went outside to the pavment to smoke... no problem for me, just won't be going back there as i think its disgusting eating a meal with some ignoramous, puffing away, 2 feet away... the farang owner was milling about so if he can't see that... good luck !!!

Edited by Rimmer
Profanity

It was open air 'eating' area opposed to a 'smoking' area, there was another group next to us and one of them went outside to the pavment to smoke... no problem for me, just won't be going back there as i think its disgusting eating a meal with some ignoramous, puffing away, 2 feet away... the farang owner was milling about so if he can't see that... good luck !!!

How did you cope before the introduction of the smoking ban?

I get more annoyed at the non smokers who put on the fake cough whenever someone lights up.

You'd surprised how many people have asthma (often caused by exposure to second hand smoke). What that means for asthmatics is that one good whiff of the second hand smoke may trigger shortness of breath or a more serious symptoms. Edited by Jingthing

This is enforced throughout Northern Europe. Bar owners hate it. Their clientele have disappeared. The non smokers pop in for half a shandy on the weekend.

This a rather presumptuous and sweeping statement! Could it be that the economic climate has had an influence? Although pubs in the UK are (allegedly) closing down at the rate of two a day (source: SkyNews report earlier this week)no mention at all was made regarding the non smoking law being the cause, or even primary cause. I have no problem with selfish addicts who smoke, they need counselling and statistically will suffer ill health for years before they die, usually an unpleasant death. No sympathy from this quarter. But, I defend the right of smokers to smoke and take their own lives, even in the LOS

Yes you've guessed it, I'm one of those boring ex smokers who saw the error of his ways before it was too late

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed