New Honda Motorcycles

moe666

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CRF: upside down forks and then you put covers over them? Why not have forks the normal way round and not have to worry about getting muck in the forks?

Maybe Wikipedia can answer that:

Conventionally, the fork stanchions are at the top, clamped to a triple tree, (aka "yoke"), and the sliders are at the bottom, attached to the front wheel spindle.. On some modern sport bikes, this system is inverted, with "sliders" (complete with the spring/damper unit) at the top, clamped to the yoke, while the stanchions are at the bottom . This is done (i) to reduce unsprung weight by having the lighter components suspended, and (ii) to improve the strength and rigidity of the assembly by having the strong large-diameter "sliders" clamped in the yokes.[2] The inverted system is referred to as an upside-down fork, or "USD" for short.

PS: In the age of Google and wikipedia, you really have to have a good reason to not know something....

Edited by nikster

All of them will come with fuel injection engines and various engine capabilities up to 250cc,

That's a bit disappointing.

How is that disappointing?

With AP Honda's press releases about them entering the Big Bike market here, that their Big Bike wing is being prepared to open, that their factory has lines ready to begin production on Big Bikes it's disappointing to see that their official unveiling of 7 new models won't include anything above 250cc.

Um... they "entered" the big bike market last year with the CBR250.

Disappointment has to do with expectations. I am not sure why you expected them to produce a 400cc bike... something would have leaked..

I am excited about the CRF250 because I was just thinking I should have a proper dirt bike, and then Honda announces that little beauty. With my experience level in the dirt - e.g., "none" - 250 is just about the right size :)

All of them will come with fuel injection engines and various engine capabilities up to 250cc,

That's a bit disappointing.

How is that disappointing?

With AP Honda's press releases about them entering the Big Bike market here, that their Big Bike wing is being prepared to open, that their factory has lines ready to begin production on Big Bikes it's disappointing to see that their official unveiling of 7 new models won't include anything above 250cc.

Um... they "entered" the big bike market last year with the CBR250.

I don't believe you've read the recent AP Honda press release(s), beginning in August 2011.

Perhaps take a look and educated yourself. thumbsup.gif

Honda say a total of 12 new bikes they are only releasing 7 on Tuesday maybe have to wait a little longer for the bigger bikes though it wouldn't surprise me if something bigger is also released on tuesday I and many others have heard rumours of bigger bikes for many months I myself think there is going to be something bigger announced on Tuesday but all I want is the crf 250l been putting of buying a klx for months waiting for this bike.........

As for the Auz bikes; they are ugly and look very dated!

Hmmn ... perhaps its because I'm ugly and look very dated, but

I consider that these little bikes look quite purposeful and sharp

... kind of a "baby naked eighties" look.

And at that price Im tempted to get one myself.

They will sell thousands of them.

I don't believe you've read the recent AP Honda press release(s), beginning in August 2011.

Perhaps take a look and educated yourself. thumbsup.gif

With grammar like that, I am not sure who needs educationing? :P

Thanks very much but I think I'll continue to ignore the Honda press releases - that way I won't get disappointed! Right?

Seems odd, you know:

'ignore Honda press releases so you won't be disappointed.'

'I'm excited about the CRF based on....' Hmmm.

Anyway, should be a great little bike if it's released. Though I think many would be disappointed if they don't see a Honda bike larger than 250cc released in the next year or so, as it would really open up the market.

Edited by hehehoho

A 250cc bike can hardly be classed as big bike, same goes for a 400cc bike ( small middleweight ).

I share the disappointment.

I find small bikes deppressing, I would rather drive my Vigo.

I am sold on the automatic scooters. I like having my feet in front of me mostly for safety reasons. After many years of owning motorcycles, I don't really care about changing gears because it is just instinctive. I would actually be happier with a manual transmission and a clutch if I could keep my feet in front of me.

That said, I do like the PCX but feel it does need a little more power. It is fine on flat roads but is lacking power on hills and there are fairly steep hills near where I live. If Honda changes the 125cc to a 150cc, that would be ideal and I would likely sell my Elegance and buy a 150 cc PCX.

Bigger diameter wheels, optional dual braking and stop/start would also suit me perfectly and perhaps make the price a little more reasonable.

• Like 2

I am sold on the automatic scooters. I like having my feet in front of me mostly for safety reasons. After many years of owning motorcycles, I don't really care about changing gears because it is just instinctive. I would actually be happier with a manual transmission and a clutch if I could keep my feet in front of me.

That said, I do like the PCX but feel it does need a little more power. It is fine on flat roads but is lacking power on hills and there are fairly steep hills near where I live. If Honda changes the 125cc to a 150cc, that would be ideal and I would likely sell my Elegance and buy a 150 cc PCX.

Bigger diameter wheels, optional dual braking and stop/start would also suit me perfectly and perhaps make the price a little more reasonable.

Maybe a Vespa ?

Maybe a Vespa ?

A Vespa? I said bigger diameter wheels, not go cart size Vespa wheels. Even a small pothole will send you over the handlebars.

For me; loving bigbikes versus small depends on where I live.

In Los Angeles I had a 750cc and that was ideal for me.

Now that I live in BKK, my Nouvo Elegance is ideal.

Even if someone gave me a free car or big bike, I'd just sell them because I would never drive them around here.

OK, I'd keep a Lotus Elise if someone has to give one away.

I despise traffic so much I often think how I should narrow the bars on my scooter.

Every inch makes a difference (that's what she said).

I wish these bicycles were inexpensive and street legal here.

So light and nimble, I could fly through traffic on these.

http://bicycling.com...mountain-bikes/

Edited by ttakata

For me; loving bigbikes versus small depends on where I live.

In Los Angeles I had a 750cc and that was ideal for me.

Now that I live in BKK, my Nouvo Elegance is ideal.

Even if someone gave me a free car or big bike, I'd just sell them because I would never drive them around here.

OK, I'd keep a Lotus Elise if someone has to give one away.

I despise traffic so much I often think how I should narrow the bars on my scooter.

Every inch makes a difference (that's what she said).

I wish these bicycles were inexpensive and street legal here.

So light and nimble, I could fly through traffic on these.

http://bicycling.com...mountain-bikes/

the KTM would be legal.. you hacve to pedal for it to work.. so it is not a purely electric bike.. price on the other hand dunno.

http://www.ktm-bikes.at/e-bike/index.php?lang=EN

A 250cc bike can hardly be classed as big bike, same goes for a 400cc bike ( small middleweight ).

I share the disappointment.

I find small bikes deppressing, I would rather drive my Vigo.

I find big bikes totally depressing, I would rather ride a KSR.

Myself on something about the size of a KSR = 1935_full.jpg

I assume the news will be released here.

In India, they're releasing:

much-awaited 110cc mass motorcycle Dream Yuga, sporty performance motorcycle CBR 150R, new 2012 model of CB Shine, new 2012 model of CBR 250R (new color) in mass production motorcycles; New 2012 model of Dio in automatic scooter and VT 1300CX, new CBR 1000RR Fireblade in big bikes portfolio.

I can see the Dream Yuga being one for here (110cc)

Honda-Dream-Yuga-bike.jpg

The CB Shine (125cc)

honda-shine-p1.jpg

Can't see any of the others coming here.

On top, we might end up with, if they're really pushing the larger bikes out, maybe the Honda Rebel (234cc)

2012-Honda-Rebel-Candy-Red.jpg

and two variants of the CRF, 150cc and 250cc.