Lickey

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks again.

Glad to say all clear after the cardiologist read through the CT scan report, he put to down to septic shock from the infection.

My wife says she is happy there is nothing wrong with her heart.........great news.

I'm way off topic here aren't I?

So to look forward to this weekend (and beyond) without that on my mind is very nice.

Cheers

Well, good news. And perhaps normal service will be resumed at Catalunya.

Re Superbikes. Checa was on a double until Aoyoma's crash stopped race 2. That bike or at least the rolling chassis was totalled I would have liked to have seen it, not to be ghoulish but, anyway I thought they could have got it clear of the track but he must have spread oil or fluid I suppose.

Edited by Bluetongue

No but I suppose he was in about 20th (and therefore no camera), and I'd have to say whats goin on there?

back to the big boys, Chupa Chup is flying, but the rubber is the issue apparently. Qualifying tonight 6pm to 9pm Thai time.

I would like to see Lorenzo win this, actually, I would like to see Cal C win even more. Can't see it happening tomorrow though. A bit of a surprise to see Bautista right up there in practice. Tonight will seperate them.

I read a comment by Steve Parrish in a Fast Bikes mag recently, he commented on Casey Stoner's arm pump issue. He says that he thinks that the arm pump issue is due to the fact that Casey's missus wasn't at the Qatar round and Casey had to make do with satisfying himself instead.biggrin.png

I thought it was funny anyway.

Aaarrgghhh

My less than 3 year old Plasma bla blaTV expired for the second time in a year yesterday, the repairmen here aren't quick either. So much for a well known Korean brand starting with S ending with G

At least I can get numerous replays during the week (I hope)

So much for trying to outdo Lickey's 4 Leo's and 4 cigars.

I'll barrack for Stoner on the live timing, my wife will think I'm mad, what's new. Think Cal can do it this time, a podium that is. Hard to see him beating Alien 1 & 2.

Aaarrgghhh

My less than 3 year old Plasma bla blaTV expired for the second time in a year yesterday, the repairmen here aren't quick either. So much for a well known Korean brand starting with S ending with G

At least I can get numerous replays during the week (I hope)

So much for trying to outdo Lickey's 4 Leo's and 4 cigars.

I'll barrack for Stoner on the live timing, my wife will think I'm mad, what's new. Think Cal can do it this time, a podium that is. Hard to see him beating Alien 1 & 2.

Arhhhhhhh!

Where r u?

U can borrow one of mine if you like?

Or come round and watch here?

Arhhhhhh!

Another great race in Moto2.....it gets better.....awesome!

'

yeh i do feel really sorry for Aspargos though, what do you think?

I'll tell you when I see it, but thanks for the offer, I'm out in the sticks Chantaburi way, too late aaarrrrgggghhh

I know how you feel BT, so many times found myself miles away from a satellite TV missing the races.

It maybe easy to think that Dovi has the measure of Cal C, but he has only raced there twice. Watch out for the next round, a track that Cal will know well......Sliverstone.

I know how you feel BT, so many times found myself miles away from a satellite TV missing the races.

It maybe easy to think that Dovi has the measure of Cal C, but he has only raced there twice. Watch out for the next round, a track that Cal will know well......Sliverstone.

Sunday too far away. Yet to see but Cal has his head screwed on OK I think, unlike Spies who it sounds like, could have been patient and got a podium for sure. Interesting the Marquez penalty saga in Moto2, my personal opinion of him (talented rider, personality ?) aside.

Sunday too far away. Yet to see but Cal has his head screwed on OK I think, unlike Spies who it sounds like, could have been patient and got a podium for sure. Interesting the Marquez penalty saga in Moto2, my personal opinion of him (talented rider, personality ?) aside.

I like to see Cal on podium at Silverstone but Stoner had a 15sec lead last year, he likes that track too, Dovi second.:D

Jorge is just so more clever now and so cool even though crashing out last year he will still be the force to reckon with.

I find it annoying when they talk about contracts so early in the season.

That said, what I find interesting is still the Stoner retirement saga, mentioned was Honda approaching Jorge but I find that hard to believe when his riding the winning machine but not if they decide to have VR back. ??.

So what you say, HONDA would they have VR back ? Me / No. Would they have Dovi back ? Me / No. Would they have Nicky back ? Me / Maybe. Would they take on Ben ? Me / Maybe. Would they take on Cal ? Me / Maybe

I don't think they will take Stefan Bradl just yet.?? So Me / No.

Bradley Smith has already signed for Tec 3 next year as the Tec 3 MotoGP rider although different team but I think Scott would of been the better choice ?

Tec.3. 2013 Get rid of Dovi or get rid of Cal ? all getting interesting other than the racing.

PS. Seriously, glad the Mrs OK 'soihok' horrible time for you., and just joking aside you won't have to worry about getting arm pump now eh !! :D

Cheers mate.....all well again thankfully.

Its a definite that we''ll be moving to Kuala Lumpur in September, after 11 years in Singapore. Time to move on.........cheers.

Cheers mate.....all well again thankfully.

Its a definite that we''ll be moving to Kuala Lumpur in September, after 11 years in Singapore. Time to move on.........cheers.

Just in time for the GP then, although understand the sensitivities re your last visit Marco and all. Edited by Bluetongue

I like to see Cal on podium at Silverstone but Stoner had a 15sec lead last year, he likes that track too, Dovi second.biggrin.png

Jorge is just so more clever now and so cool even though crashing out last year he will still be the force to reckon with.

I find it annoying when they talk about contracts so early in the season.

That said, what I find interesting is still the Stoner retirement saga, mentioned was Honda approaching Jorge but I find that hard to believe when his riding the winning machine but not if they decide to have VR back. ??.

So what you say, HONDA would they have VR back ? Me / No. Would they have Dovi back ? Me / No. Would they have Nicky back ? Me / Maybe. Would they take on Ben ? Me / Maybe. Would they take on Cal ? Me / Maybe

I don't think they will take Stefan Bradl just yet.?? So Me / No.

Bradley Smith has already signed for Tec 3 next year as the Tec 3 MotoGP rider although different team but I think Scott would of been the better choice ?

Tec.3. 2013 Get rid of Dovi or get rid of Cal ? all getting interesting other than the racing.

PS. Seriously, glad the Mrs OK 'soihok' horrible time for you., and just joking aside you won't have to worry about getting arm pump now eh !! biggrin.png

On current form

Dovi or Cal to Factory Yam, Dovi ahead on points

Rossi to anywhere just about a sure thing

Spies or Hayden to Honda for a year til Marquez gets there, still up in the air on this one

Bradl Bautista same same

Who goes to factory Ducati apart from no-one in their right mind. Maybe Barbera and Crazy Joe

Agree with you about Reddy but he just cant seem to finish many races off like he starts them.

It would be nice to see Sykes convert one these poles into a race win. He goes like the wind to begin with then drops back as the race progresses, probably due to the tyres.

Looking forward to the races....

Well done Max, two wins in front of his home crowd......the day was Aprilia's.

Checa dropped it again and Guiliano followed suit, he is good isn't he....seems to ride like a mad man.

Yes Googly dropped it in a good position he was too. Actually I was really hoping he wouldn't because Steve Martin kept saying he would win it or bin it, and mostly his riding gave the lie to that. Checa, what can you say, called into the box on a hot lap in Superpole, to put a new soft tyre on, without enough time to go back out. He was looking at a front row start then gets the outside of the 4th row. I think he could have challenged Biaggi but he was coming from a bit too far back and was obviously pushing a bit hard. He wont win this thing now not unless there is some major disturbances. Anyway, Biaggi as a rider probably deserves two championships. He has to face down Johnny Rea who is proving himself a future champ at very least. Marco has still got that ability to go hot and cold. Tom Sykes, perhaps they should be working more on tyre strategy than pole position.

Just watched Qualifying.

Alvaro Bautista on pole, what a surprise. Rain stopped play and I would have expected Stoner / Lorenzo to have bettered his time. No the less, great job.

Both Hayden and Rossi going down in the exactly the same place for exactly the same reason, front end letting go.

Don't expect anything from the Ducatis later today, unless it rains, which is highly likely looking at all the poor b*ggers freezing their parts off in the middle of summer in England (reminds me of 2009 at Donnington, so glad I,m not there this weekend).

Cal C., well what to say. Get well soon, hopefully he will make the grid.

Moto 2 qualifying .......wow!

I thought Scott Redding could have held onto pole, but the near highside by T.Luthi just in front of him dashed it.

Great to see him get his elbow down, I often think about getting my elbow down on the way to work on the bike sometimes, but the reality is that the only time I would is if I fall off.....

Good to see Bradley in 4th.

The Marquez / Espargo fracas continues.

Well done to Pol, first pole in Moto 2.

Bradley Smith,,,,, can't see him stepping up to Motogp next year, he's just not fast enough.

Pol looks exactly like a young Sete Gibernau.

Stoner gaawwwn in the head. Or is it the bike, I don't think so because he can still qualify it on pole (OK not this time) just cant stop Lorenzo in a race. Still will get second but Lorenzo must be thinking hmm 2, 3, 4 world championships!

Just waited, hung back even, until Stoner made a move, then shazam all over him, all over red rover. Good ride from CC.

Good to see asparagus vindicated in Moto 2.

Stoner gaawwwn in the head. Or is it the bike, I don't think so because he can still qualify it on pole (OK not this time) just cant stop Lorenzo in a race. Still will get second but Lorenzo must be thinking hmm 2, 3, 4 world championships!

Just waited, hung back even, until Stoner made a move, then shazam all over him, all over red rover. Good ride from CC.

Good to see asparagus vindicated in Moto 2.

got 2 agree about CC he's proving better than i thought he'd be. well done.

stoner is a spoilt brat just like lorenzo.

characters of the sport, thats wot i like

bautista, CC, Rossi, hayden, spies, fenati, redding, luthi

just down to earth people doing what they love honestly and to the best of their ability - great stuff