Moto Gp & Wsb, 2012.

Lickey

Lakeside Brisbane. My favourite track, never had a video on bike but used to hold the Monster in 3rd most of the way around only place they used to pass me was on the straight, however I used to get plenty in the bus stop a dinky section about halfway round in this video and also under brakes into the carousel at the end of the straight. The scariest corner is right at the start, downhill, fast, off camber onto the straight. The really good riders would pass you just before the apex. Alas this video does not really show the up hill and down dale nature of the track.

I like characters too unfortunately the mostly Spanish rider development seems to take a lot of the fun out of it for these young men but thats the nature of the beast.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lakeside Brisbane. My favourite track, never had a video on bike but used to hold the Monster in 3rd most of the way around only place they used to pass me was on the straight, however I used to get plenty in the bus stop a dinky section about halfway round in this video and also under brakes into the carousel at the end of the straight. The scariest corner is right at the start, downhill, fast, off camber onto the straight. The really good riders would pass you just before the apex. Alas this video does not really show the up hill and down dale nature of the track.

I like characters too unfortunately the mostly Spanish rider development seems to take a lot of the fun out of it for these young men but thats the nature of the beast.

thanks for sharing :)

Thanks for that,,,,,cool.

Not sure about Ewan Mac though.

I was sitting across from the podium at Sepang in 2009, watching Rossi celebrate winning the world championship. As cool as it gets, apart being on the podium yerself wink.png

I,m reckon this race will be Pedrosa's, just a feeling.

I tried to watch qualifying last night but fell asleep in the middle (long days at work and trying to watch the EuroFinals of the footy don't help).

I promise to stay awake tonight.....

My wife is gutted after I told her that there is bike racing on Saturday and Sunday nights (WSBK).

Bautista got really near him. Said he lost his braking marker, this put Cal right out of the race but did well tocome back with 5th from being at the back on turn one.

Well done to Casey......in total control,,,awesome. I thought Dani could get away but it was obvious Casey was lining him up.

Rossi, lost a chunck of rear tyre, again, he is having yet another disaster this year.

WSBK tonight, Tom Sykes on pole again..........should be closer racing than the MotoGP

Thanks for the reminder on WSBK, didn't know. Anyway Bautista ruined it as a race. We all know that Casey is the only one that potentially can match it with Jorge week in week out, now we'll never know about this race. Interesting my wife and son whom I took to Phillip Island and now have an interest, enjoy the Moto 2 much more, it is just closer racing usually. She was in raptures as Marquez hunted down Crazy Joe.

What a shame, and Jorge had every right to be furious, I still feel on form unless I see different, he is going to be hard to stop.

Casey did everything right, even as sore as he was.

I must say it has breathed new life into the championship however.

IF Honda has cured that chatter problem, as it looked to be better, it could mean we have some very close races ahead.

I am sad I don't get WSB here, it is my favourite road racing, and is always close, and better to watch than motogp.

youtube will have to be my friend for this.

Sorry to hear that you don't get WSBK.

I know its not the same but:-

In England there was a day of racing at Mallory Park called The Plum Pudding Races, held on 26th of December. I entered one year (88), it was a dismal day, cold ,wet and the girlfriend I dragged along was giving me daggers at every opportunity for bringing her to a freezing field near Leceister for Christmas.

Well, off I went out for practice on GS1000E that was tuned to hilt, but had <deleted> brakes and tyres, then tried to out brake a GSXR at the end of the back straight. I somehow managed to save the bike and entered the corner, thinking "blimey", then the back swung around and me and old beast went through the Devils Elbow on our sides.

My bike spewed its oil all over the place (about 4 litres of it), this ruined the racing line for most of the day.......glad I didn't take anyone out with me though.

I see Crazy Joe is now Maniac Joe.........

Thanks for the reminder on WSBK, didn't know. Anyway Bautista ruined it as a race. We all know that Casey is the only one that potentially can match it with Jorge week in week out, now we'll never know about this race. Interesting my wife and son whom I took to Phillip Island and now have an interest, enjoy the Moto 2 much more, it is just closer racing usually. She was in raptures as Marquez hunted down Crazy Joe.

Nice.

It was really nice to see Brits on the podium for Moto 3 & 2, I was hoping to see a third in Cal C, but Alvaro sorted that out for me.

Yeah Crazy Maniac Joe. I like him but, he's got character.

Scott Redding is coming ahead in steps, he seems to be able to finish a race off at the pointy end now. Bradley yeah coming along. The two Danny's well one's obviously on the Mahinderer, but the KTM guy is stepping up.

And of course Cal, has made the step into the top group just needs that extra coupla tenths. As opposed to the Aussie's our top guy retiring and no one else within cooee (aussie slang for nearby - it is a halloo call in the bush). Arty Scissors is going OK in Moto 3.

By the way the story I earlier related about Casey's retirement being confused in Australia was because Mick Doohan went on Australian radio that day and told everyone Casey was just holding out for more money.

Hello Posters, back after a months rest in hospital after a fall tearing some chest muscles and a nasty lung abcess, so been playing catch-up with the usual websites and youtube,

Been good this weekend to have both GP and WSB while recuperating with my main medicine, [Leo, dont tell the mrs],,

Moto 3 and 2, real white knuckle stuff, and 2 Brits on the podium, that hasnt happened for a few years, Moto 3, Cortese on Danny Kent, what was that about, team mates or what? so Cortese is the 1st of my Assen Assasins,

SR done very well in Moto 2, he wasnt belittled by the big name riders, he got on with the job, well done Scott..

Moto Gp, the first corner, Bautista takes out Lorenzo, didnt he have any brakes? so hes my second Assen Assasin, paid by Honda perhaps?? And well done Dovi, really hope you get the seat you deserve, its about time Mr Pies realised that he has to do well at every race, not just his favourite, which does make me a bit sweaty, a rider saying its my hme race, i will try to do well here, crap, real profesinal riders do well where ever they go,

The Paragon of Arogon, well,

hard to say, was it Melandri for his 1 2, or Laverty, for showing Max the way, or Chaz Davies for his attacking maneverous on the last few laps, certainly wasnt Baldovini for taking Tom out of a certain podium,

Cheers to all you healthy buggers!!

Hello Lickey.

Sorry to hear about issues and don't worry about the Leo, your secrets safe with us.

Get well soon.

(Will be moving to Kuala Lumpur soon after about 11 years in Singapore.......new job dictates the move)

Just been looking at the practice times, seems Danny has persisted at a wet and dry Sachsring, and weve all had that at one time or another im sure,

While im was in dry dock, my brother sent me a big bundle of UK bike mags, and in one of them, 3 journos [Jamie Witham included] were given 5k uk pounds to buy 2 bikes, like a Weekend sports bike and a ride to work/fun bike for the weekdays, [sorry, almost forgot, Thai shopping trolley types as well] so after the German GP, if anybody would like to post what they would buy for about 250k bht, will make some interesting reading between race weekends, Thanks, Lickey..

Blimey mate, new job and youve got to sell that beauty?? what go on? think i would have stayed with my old job, [aint cos it needs new front brake pads is it] or is the new job gonna give you a new bike, Triumph 800xc would be nice with all the rave reviews it gets,

Younger brother in UK has 3 Hinkley Trumpets, 900 Trident, 1994, Street Triple, 09 and Thunderbird scrambler, 2010, and a RGS 1200bmw, which he hardly uses, nice to have a choice!!

Wow, would be nice to spend a day in that company!!!

Seeing the bike ride away with a new owner is going to break my heart, but its got to go. Moving countries means loads of hassle in tax and registration, time I won't have. The new job in Kuala Lumpur provides a car.

My wife will be happy though, she doesn't like the idea of me trashing around KL on a bike.....myself on the other hand.......

I can't wait to see who signs which contract over the next couple of weeks.

Predictions?

Spies goes to...?

Cal goes to...?

Pedrosa goes to...?

Rossi goes to...?

Davidsioso goes to...?

Hayden goes to...?

I can't wait to see who signs which contract over the next couple of weeks.

Predictions?

Spies goes to...?

Cal goes to...?

Pedrosa goes to...?

Rossi goes to...?

Davidsioso goes to...?

Hayden goes to...?

Great race in Germany well done Danny.thumbsup.gif

Glad your OK " Lickey " Get well again soon.

Goodluck with you move " soihok " hope thing go smooth.

Predictions " Norm " OK here's mine smile.png

Spies goes to...? in German race commentary they reckon he will stay with Jorge.

Cal goes to...? Cal is having talks with Ducati and comments are he will probably get a 2 year deal.

Pedrosa goes to...? not really any prediction there he will stay on at Factory Honda.

Rossi goes to...? you have got me there I was thinking " Where is Rossi going ". The only place open is Factory Honda but I can't see it happening, I was thinking San Carco Honda will kick Bautista out and maybe sign Rossi.

You mean Dovizioso.. ? comments were he will stay on with Bradly Smith who is already signed up, allegedly.

Hayden goes to...? I think he is the No.1 candidate for the Factory Honda spot.

What say ye. ?

Edited by Kwasaki

Thanks Kwasaki, im working on it mate,,,

I reckon Rossi will stay at Duke, and Duke want Cal cos Foggy was good news for them in the 90s, Cal is young,agressive and wants to make his mark, and what a better teacher than Rossi?

They also mentioned testing a new Duke after Muggello, so Rossi has got his way with them, lets hope it suits him, love to see him retire on a high..

Same with Dovi and our very own Carrott Top Bradley, on Tech 3 bikes, I think Spies will stay on with George cos America is helluva big market, Yam need a Yank in there unless Hayden steps up?

Same as Honda, they really need an american, Perhaps Hayden will take that seat and Marquez will have to wait? Reckon Danny will stay with Honda,

The Marshalls wouldnt help me" says Moaner, dont think id be too keen either, last lap,last corner, just started raining,the rest off the pack going for places, not a good place to be out there!!!

Agree with your comment about yet another go at the marshalls by the moaner.

Marquez to Repsol Honda with Dani is almost certain, now that the rules have been changed in favour of this (rookie no longer needs to spend a year with a satellite team).

Rossi and Cal at Ducati (unless B.Smith don't move up).

Dovi to replace Spies ?????????????????

Hayden at a satellite team, not sure which one.

I think we will see Bautista become faster (and safer) in the second half of the season.

I can't for the life of me see Bradley Smith moving up to MotoGP at the moment, unless his performances improve in Moto2, Scott Redding (or Tom Luthi) would be a better candidate.