Moto Gp & Wsb, 2012.

Lickey

I can't for the life of me see Bradley Smith moving up to MotoGP at the moment, unless his performances improve in Moto2, Scott Redding (or Tom Luthi) would be a better candidate.

Bradley in Tec 3 MotoGP 2 has already been signed up for the tec 3 team in MotoGP for 2013.

Moto2 World Championship 2011

After the 2010 Portuguese Grand Prix, it was announced that Smith would be competing in Moto2 in 2011, racing for the Tech 3 team, alongside one of the riders that had denied him a Moto2 move a year previous, Mike Di Meglio.

On 19 September 2011, it was announced that Smith had signed a three-year contract with Tech 3 that would see him remain in Moto2 in 2012, before moving to MotoGP in 2013.

I agree Scott Redding is getting better and I think Honda will have there eyes on him, I would like to see him go and join Dani next year.smile.png

Edited by Kwasaki

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks.

I didn't know it was certain that Bradley was moving up, along with Mike Di Meglio. Can't see the reasoning in this, perhaps their parents are masons.

This will mean no places available for the red hot riders Dovi and Cal. in Tech 3....... I'm quite certain Dovi will be in the factory Yam team in 2013.

Begs the question, where will Spies go? Unless his results improve big time, he'll be on his bike (and I don't mean a factory Yama-ra).

I think the best thing to happen is another 3 factory satellite teams get involved with two bikes per rider, then we are talking (or I am thinking about WSBK ?).

Perhaps Ducati are thinking of putting Hayden in WSB on the new Panagale, I reckon he would do well there, and Careless needs a mate to compare notes with, Also good for Duke USA, and he would be the top yank in the series, cant really count Hopper,,,

Its a better Bike selling series and next year with 17in wheels and stick on headlights, people will be able to relate to them more,,,

Ok after reading through comments on site MotoGP etc.

I'll just say what I think is going to happen in 2013 and see if I am right.biggrin.png

Factory Honda......Dani & Hayden.

Factory Yam.........Jorge & Ben.

Factory Ducati......Rossi & Cal.

Yam Tec 3............Dovi & Bradley.

My extra comment is that although CRT maybe a good idea they should not be qualifying on the same track time as Factory machinery IMO.

Edited by Kwasaki

Confirmed that Marquez will partner Dani next year.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/181872/1/motogp_riders_respond_to_marquez_deal.html

Ducati is up for a 350km/h top speed down the straight at Mugello this weekend w00t.gif While this may sound peanuts to drag racers, a drag bike don't round corners at all, unless it is crashing tongue.png

I'm wrong already :D.

It's getting interesting, Rossi still ?? Hayden ?? Cal ??

Factory Honda......Dani & Marc.....................Confirmed.

Factory Yam.........Jorge & Ben.....................I have my doubts about Ben now.

Factory Ducati...... ? & ?...........................Not sure at all now.

Yam Tec 3............Dovi & Bradley.................Not comfirmed but I guess this will be the case.

Great entertainment throughout all 3 races at Mugello.

I was happy to see Bradley Smith actually leading and only just missing out on what would have been his first podium of the year. Great racing by all at the front. Well done Maniac Joe The Fireman!

Ducati's top speed was Rossi's bike doing 346.9 km/h down the straight ...... good grief. If the race was a couple of laps longer I'm sure he would have grabbed 3rd, which would have been nice for him. Instead Dovi celebrated another podium finish.....surely will be moving to the factory Yam team next year.

Lorenzo was in complete control, when the replay came on the tv of "the winning overtake" it was actually the start of the race..the guy is a master.I was very suprised by Stoners performance, especially when he shunted Bautista's body with his bike, he was lucky not have fallen off. Imagine that, Stoner would have probably have been given a penalty of starting at the back at Laguna Seca, giving more of a reason to moan.

Great racing and the party on the start finish straight looked cool.

Cheers

Edited by soihok

Great race well done Jorge, and are we in for more surprises.

Factory Honda......Dani & Marc.....................Confirmed.

Factory Yam.........Jorge & Dovi......My guess now, but race commentory was saying Ben is to stay.

Factory Ducati...... ? & ? ........still seems up in the air lots of speculation on race commentory.

Yam Tec 3............ ? & Bradley.......another still in the air.

I am a real happy bunny going to be the proud owner of a Kwaka Versys got a great deal, my retirement present to myself.:D

Nice one mate.

Its always nice to be taking hold of a new bike........I'm selling mine thoughsad.png

Well !! Have owned and sold many in my time, when you sell it's like losing a friend.

Well maybe like me, I'm sure you will get another if you're a die hard biker deep down because it's always going to be nagging away at you in the basement of your mind. :)

Just as a side note myself and Karlos are going to Paddoack on Sunday at about 11am to get some stuff (back and chest protector etc) so if you want to meet up or get a better deal with the 'power of numbers' then come along :)

Hi Soihok, reckon you must be jealous of Kwasaki getting a new Versy, so am i actually!! Im thinking about a SR400/500 Yam single, over the years ive had enough of twins and multis, cant beat the service costs of a single thumper, 1 spark plug, chain sprockets and tyres will last me ages, and ive lost the need for speed recently, specially in darkest Issan,

Moto GP, dunno about that move by Bradl on Hayden, seemed a bit fierce to me,

WSB was good, 2 wins for hard charger Melandri, 2 2nds for Tom, and a 3rd for young Baz, and BMW are closing the team ? same as Yam last year, bike and team doing well, sod it, lets close, Haslam out of a job so far, Melandri fixed up with Goldbet,

I watched it all on Superbike Sunday, British Eurosport 2, had the Brands Hatch BSB races live too, WSS and BSS, even the Sidecars which i havent seen for a long time, and a recording of the NW200 before WSB started,

Found a programme on the Net showing all this,and the races they didnt show,like the Triumph Triple challenge will be on friday night at 7pm uk time,about 1 am thai time,,

Sent to you from my ZZR1100 on a german autobahn at 170mph,,,,

Sent to you from my ZZR1100 on a german autobahn at 170mph,,,, laugh.pngclap2.gif

I didn't know BMW were folding the team.....how sad!

Great couple of races this weekend, WSBK, the last few laps in race 2 were breathtaking. I was waiting for a similar fall that Casey Stoner had in Germany, but thankfully it never happened.

I'm sure Tom will be gutted though.

Another bike will be on the way, at some point in time.

New job in Kuala Lumpur gives me a company car, probably a Proton whistling.gif

http://www.singapore..._street_triple/

Nice bike, someone got a nice deal and I ending up gettting a good deal too. clap2.gif

Hi Soihok, reckon you must be jealous of Kwasaki getting a new Versy, so am i actually!! Im thinking about a SR400/500 Yam single, over the years ive had enough of twins and multis, cant beat the service costs of a single thumper, 1 spark plug, chain sprockets and tyres will last me ages, and ive lost the need for speed recently, specially in darkest Issan,

Nooooo !! not new, changed me mind, that's the why reckon I got a good deal.

New Versys from Nackered Swan Kwaka dealers, 2 months order. sad.png

Saw an ad for 1 year old 2011 one the red colour I wanted with loads of extra's picked it up Friday 20th July saved loads of dosh.

post-87530-0-19981000-1343203251_thumb.j

One good thing about Thai wives they don't mind part of the kitchen becoming a garage.biggrin.png

post-87530-0-96797000-1343203325_thumb.j

Fitted the colour match hugger today.smile.png

Nice one mate.

Great to see you have it in the house also thumbsup.gif. Nice bike.

I would have had the Street Triple in mine also, but living on the 7th floor would be quite a task either via the lift or stairs everyday at 6am.

Spies is not in the factory Yamarah team next year, which isn't a big suprise really is it?

So who will be Jorge? Dovi or Rossi ?

I have a feeling that Rossi will stay at Ducati and be more determined than ever to get the bike up to speed.

Following the recent news that teammate Ben Spies is set to leave the Yamaha Factory Racing team at the end of the season, Lorenzo said: "It’s sad news to hear that Ben is not continuing. For Yamaha it’s really sad, because he has been a Yamaha rider for a long time. I think he has great potential, and I wish him good luck in the future. Now we have to see what is going to happen with the second rider in Yamaha."

This announcement has naturally sent the rumour mill into overdrive with regards to who his teammate will be next year, to which the Spaniard said: "I hear some rumours. And some rumours say that Valentino is going to come back. It could be a good thing for Yamaha. We have been a good couple in the past years, but it hasn’t been decided yet. My preference is to have a competitive rival in the team."

Its fair to say that Jorge Lorenzo has his ear closer to the ground than all of us put together.

Speculation over Vale's move will now continue until the end of the year, with crowds saying " Oh yes he is !" and yet more crowds saying " Oh no he isn't!"

I'm sure Vale will not want to leave Ducati (without being able to tame the beast and score regular podium finishes) having the Desmosedici getting the better of him over the 2 years of embarrasment, then again, I'm sure he will want to win a 10th world championship before that obstacle called age, catches him up.

It would be funny if both Dovi and Cal went to Ducati and Hayden to Tech 3.

I'm not in the slightest suprised that Ben Spies will not ride in the factory Yam team next year, but very suprised at it being his decision and so early in the championship-----------------he is clearly not having a nice time. Might end up with Ducati smile.png

I don't think it's so much of a difficult guess what's going to happen, I think Dovi deserves the Yam factory ride.

If Rossi wanted to go back to Yam I am not so sure that they would take him, why !!! The age thingy I would guess.

So when you read this sort of thing well !!!

" In an interview with MotoGP Italian broadcaster RTI, the Ducati team rider explained: "I spoke directly with the boss of Audi and they have a strong intent about supporting Ducati in the future to regain its competitive edge. It's a very ambitious project and I'm happy about it."

"And they're counting on me" added Rossi when prompted about how his own future fitted with those plans, hinting at the idea of taking his association with Ducati beyond the 2012 season."

With Ben more or less out the picture I would say that Cal is going to stay on with Tec 3 with Bradley.

Rossi and Hayden to stay at Duke, Honda's sorted with a young rider of course clever stuff.

Edited by Kwasaki

Yeah, can't really see Rossi walk away from Ducati, it would be like admitting defeat, without mastering the bike.

Dovi does deserve the factory Yam ride, I agree.

Regarding Marquez.

It's convenient that the rules on MotoGP rookies were changed, just in time when Honda wanted Marquez to move directly to the factory team, and not to spend a year in a satellite team.

Not that don't think it's a bad idea (I thought the rule was daft anyway). But would it still have happened if it wasn't Marquez?

I like the idea of an all Brit Tech 3 team by the way.

Doubful that I'll catch the race, may see a repeat of the practice on Sunday.

12 hour shifts at work + midnight / early morning events are things I used to do years ago........guess I'm getting old.

Spies will win.

Doubful that I'll catch the race, may see a repeat of the practice on Sunday.

12 hour shifts at work + midnight / early morning events are things I used to do years ago........guess I'm getting old.

Spies will win.

hahaha me too. Late nights are bad for us!!!

Hayden, Dovi, Cal, Pedro or Rossi to win - not that I'm a dreamer and all that hahaha.