Backpackers Hostels Near Siam Or Silom

yoga100

I come back to bangkok on friday(from greece)but this time around i'd prefer to find a backpackers place a bit nearer to the above locations

I stayed last year in a hostel near the thong lo skytrain station and though it was good it was still a good few stops from silom

Anyone know of any hostels offering dormitory axxomodation near the above???

Theres another hostel near asok station but again thats also a bit further out of the centre than i'd prefer

Edited by yoga100

Wendy House is very popular. Also another few places along that road, Soi Kasemsan 1, near MBK. I've stayed there and it is very nice, I also use to know the managers. great people.

Let's try this over in the Bangkok Forum.

Topic Moved.

Wendy House is very popular.

It's an overhyped Lonely Planet place.

Overpriced and you can get much better quality for the same money.

Where? Give us a source that's better. Please!

I've stayed there before, know the managers, and think it's quite nice. I lived near there for almost one year several years ago (Pratunam House). I really liked the area. Used Wendy House's internet almost every day, had breakfast there on a regular basis and they did my laundry. Not cheap, but good. There are some other places nearby, but I think Wendy House is pretty good. It was always booked out. One next door seemed nice, but can't remember the name. I think it had bed and breakfast in the name, or something like that. Nothing else on that soi came close to these 2 places.

I've stayed there before, know the managers, and think it's quite nice. I lived near there for almost one year several years ago (Pratunam House). I really liked the area. Used Wendy House's internet almost every day, had breakfast there on a regular basis and they did my laundry. Not cheap, but good. There are some other places nearby, but I think Wendy House is pretty good. It was always booked out. One next door seemed nice, but can't remember the name. I think it had bed and breakfast in the name, or something like that. Nothing else on that soi came close to these 2 places.

Wendy is a guest house, last time I checked it was almost 1000 Bt. <deleted>? When I stayed there, I could not even switch off the a/c. For that money, you can do much better at KSR.

The Soi is a nice neighbourhood, I agree. There are 2 proper hotels which always have been much better than "Wendy's" and there are some more reasonable GHs which easily can compete. Recently, a new hotel was built next door to Wendy's which looks fancy and expensive.

Wendy is a guest house, last time I checked it was almost 1000 Bt. <deleted>? When I stayed there, I could not even switch off the a/c. For that money, you can do much better at KSR.

The Soi is a nice neighbourhood, I agree. There are 2 proper hotels which always have been much better than "Wendy's" and there are some more reasonable GHs which easily can compete. Recently, a new hotel was built next door to Wendy's which looks fancy and expensive.

I haven't been on that soi for several years. I spent about 4 months on KSR years ago. I got tired of it, and it's hard connecting to the skytrain. One reason I moved over there. 200M or so to the BTS. Really convenient. I loved how close all the malls were also. Easy walking distance.

• 9 months later...

I like in chiang Mai

Normally I stay in khaosanroad road

This time I stayed in a hostel called shadowinn

That is located near central railway station, I paid 200 baht

Including break fast , which is very low for bangkok

Place is very nice and clean

Plus manager allowed me to use laundry for free also, place is full most of the time

Booking through ago is recommended

There's a really popular hostel that's relatively new just under the national stadium BTS station across from MBK and siam called Lub D. I pass it every day going home after work and it's always crowded with backpacker folks ^__^

I'll remember to avoid it like the plague then!