Should Fat Farang Be Charged More For Taking Up Too Much Space On Songthaews?

theblether

One of the good things about bahtbuses is that real fatties cant get into them anyway.

I've never understood why airlines impose a weight limit on luggage that doesn't take into account the weight of the passenger also.

I roll me eyes at the airline check-in clerk who wants people to remove stuff from the their checked bag because it's too heavy and stick the excess in their hand-carry THAT IS ALL GOING ON THE SAME <deleted>' PLANE ANYWAYS!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More and more fat Thai people too, eating McD's and such. Should they not be charged extra too?

What about road tax? Sitting behind fat people with the cheeks of their arse hanging either side of the seat and blocking the view of the road ahead. Surely they cause more damage to the roads than an overloaded truck? They should pay more.

As a borderline fatty that has lost 6 stone since moving here (still portly though) 10 months ago, I would say the following. In many ways it would be good to charges them / us more money on this sharabang thing. After all, the walk would do them more good and that is not a harsh criticism. I had to stay in Pattaya for 3 weeks during the floods, and you would see htese guys jumping on those pick up thing for about a 100 mtr trip between bars. However, IF you are going to single out one group of the population for punitive measures for their life style choice, then it applies that you do it for a range of other groups as well. Kids; noisy and intrusive at best. Mobile phone users. Men with hookers. Smelly B.O people. People from countries that talk loudly and use hand expressions a lot. On planes, I would fly business class, not check in a bag, but have a small case in cabin. Compare that to a a couple with a cumulative weight higher than mine in economy class, with 40 kilos of baggage. I am still paying more than the two put together yet their travel weight is 50k more than me. So why actually would it be fair to make me pay more? Maybe put each person and the bags on the scale and instead of having a price per flight, put the prices as per kilo. Flight from BKK to LHR; 280 baht per kilo. Job done and no one is offended.

Airports have a device to measure to see if your carry on luggage will fit. Passenger's <deleted> on Songtaws could be measured similiarly before boarding and be charged extra. Haven't got it all worked out but its doable.

Of course it's do-able.

13i.jpg

Seen as this thread is slagging off and i guess offending to fat people.

How about another thread about kicking all over 45 year old men out of thailand. They dont do us younger chaps any favours. They up the prices. give us normal farang a bad name, look washed up. what else? list goes on.............

I regularly use seaplanes and helicopters for work. There the passenger and the baggage are weighed, there have been a few occassions where my luggage has been offloaded due to overweight and arrived the next day on a boat....

For airlines I think it should work like this: everyone has an allocated TOTAL weight limit, say 100kg, for passenger and luggage. Everyone get's weighed in with their luggage. Non-fatties get 20-40kg luggage allowance to bring them up to their 100kg allocation (most Thai girls get 50-60kgs allowance). Medium fatties get a reduced allocation, and real fatties get no allocation, and probably have to pay extra for just their seat. Every kg over the 100kg aggregate limit is chargeable, those under 100kg total get a small refund.

This is the only FAIR way to price airlines, the major cost (fuel) is directly proportional to weight, so those using more fuel pay more - simple.

By doing it on an aggregate weight basis, rather than a 'fat tax', should stop all the bleeding heart liberal PC brigade complaining too much.

Ok, interesting how everyone that is heavy is branded as fat. I'm 95kg, although I don't think anyone would consider me fat...

Although in principle I agree with the pay for what you use formula. You could take it one step further for the budget airlines, offering a private weigh in on scales (at a charge) for those too embarrased to be weighed in at checkin.

Ok, interesting how everyone that is heavy is branded as fat. I'm 95kg, although I don't think anyone would consider me fat...

Although in principle I agree with the pay for what you use formula. You could take it one step further for the budget airlines, offering a private weigh in on scales (at a charge) for those too embarrased to be weighed in at checkin.

I got the same thing when i weigh 95 kg nobody would consider me fat. At the moment im heavier (going down again) but i still would not be considered fat. I actually see this whole thread as a bit of fun.

Airports have a device to measure to see if your carry on luggage will fit. Passenger's <deleted> on Songtaws could be measured similiarly before boarding and be charged extra. Haven't got it all worked out but its doable.

Of course it's do-able.

13i.jpg

I thought a swing was used for completely different purposes,but ok if you say so.

All fat people should be punished for their selfishness.

Everybody suffers because of their weakness for gluttony......If I get one beside me on an airline woe betide him if so much as a cm of blubber spills over into my space....

Fat people should just know we hate them, and stay inside and exercise until they are a more aethetically pleasing size...

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

and don't get me started on ugly people... sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

I dare you to post a picture of yourself on here.

Got the guts?

See the smiley faces??? they are to indicate that I am joking... I am sure this thread is mostly tongue in cheek (or at least I hope so)...

I am 5'11" and 70kg... and must be handsome because I am often told that I am in various areas in Thailand... I am pretty fit (into running and blue water swimming) and too skinny if you ask most people... much of my exercise is aimed at trying to build muscle/size...

Altho I do believe that airlines should not seat really, seriously obese people in a normal seat next to 'normal' passengers, because their size has a serious impact on other passengers... whether they should pay more for airline tickets, is up to the airline...

Twice, in two weeks, I checked in 23hrs 59mins before departure to snag the exit aisle from BKK to Syd as it is an overnight hop... only to have seriously huge people beside me and have to sit side saddle for 8 hours... one one trip the guy was Chinese, but could pass for a Sumo wrestler... he was asleep and snoring from the moment his arse hit the seat, and I had to eat with the tray on my lap because I couldn't get the tray out of the armrest that had become his side gut rest... that isn't right...

But lets get back to making fun of fat people can we... although making fun of skinny people is fair game as well...

Cheers,

Daewoo

I've been thinking about this for a long time. How does the airplane companies calculate this? I mean there must be a maximum weight that the airplane can move safely, and they have a specific amount of seats that they want to fill (all). So, have they calculated that x % of their customers are owerweight and some are underweight. Not to mention if you want to bring luggage that weight more than the norm, they are happy to take it onboard for an extra fee. So how do they know when it's over the limit for a safe flight? unsure.png

Im pretty sure the capacity of modern planes way exceeds what you think they can carry, Emirates allow 30kg luggage in Economy as standard and I havent had my hand luggage weighed ina long time.

Last time i came I brought about 52kg of stuff.

I've been thinking about this for a long time. How does the airplane companies calculate this? I mean there must be a maximum weight that the airplane can move safely, and they have a specific amount of seats that they want to fill (all). So, have they calculated that x % of their customers are owerweight and some are underweight. Not to mention if you want to bring luggage that weight more than the norm, they are happy to take it onboard for an extra fee. So how do they know when it's over the limit for a safe flight? unsure.png

Im pretty sure the capacity of modern planes way exceeds what you think they can carry, Emirates allow 30kg luggage in Economy as standard and I havent had my hand luggage weighed ina long time.

Last time i came I brought about 52kg of stuff.

Actually, they sometimes offload paying passengers because they have too much cargo (they get make more for 100kg of cargo than 100kg of live cattle)...

Sometimes on little planes in the Pacific they still weigh the passengers, and your luggage is put onto a later flight and delivered to your hotel seperately...

Cheers,

Daewoo

wink.pngwink.pngwink.png

Altho I do believe that airlines should not seat really, seriously obese people in a normal seat next to 'normal' passengers

Would it be better to seat the "obese" people next to each other? rolleyes.gif

But what if they stink as well? It's well known that obese-types have careless hygiene practicesrolleyes.gif

Now we have a whole new kettle o' fish. Fatties that stink.

• Like 1