Pickups Best To Buy And Best Service In Your Opinion

petercallen

you like touch screen installed in car, I dont, I v only had it in one car for 14 months/40k km, and even if it was supported by steering wheel controls, I found it a major disadvantage at high speed. To much need to focus on screen and not on road. So I dont want it again

yes steven, new cars come on red plate, what would the problem be?

Red plate out of the province driving at night?

Touch screen does not need more focus on screen than any classic console controls.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you like touch screen installed in car, I dont, I v only had it in one car for 14 months/40k km, and even if it was supported by steering wheel controls, I found it a major disadvantage at high speed. To much need to focus on screen and not on road. So I dont want it again

yes steven, new cars come on red plate, what would the problem be?

Red plate out of the province driving at night?

Touch screen does not need more focus on screen than any classic console controls.

Legal redplates with brown logbook, roadlegal 24/7 all over the country.

I dont cover distance at night anyway, most miles done 09-17

IMHO touchscreen I need to see what to press, ordinary buttons do not need my eyes to be operated. In addition most touch screens are positioned to low, removing eyes focus even more from road. I find new Ranger/bt50 brilliant with sound/phone display on top of dash and traditional buttons one can use without looking at them. Ad voice control, and steering wheel control, and music stored on memory stick and Ipod, and ad auto volume reduction when speed slow down, not much attention to soundsystem needed

Each to their owncowboy.gif

IMHO touchscreen I need to see what to press, ordinary buttons do not need my eyes to be operated. In addition most touch screens are positioned to low, removing eyes focus even more from road. I find new Ranger/bt50 brilliant with sound/phone display on top of dash and traditional buttons one can use without looking at them. Ad voice control, and steering wheel control, and music stored on memory stick and Ipod, and ad auto volume reduction when speed slow down, not much attention to soundsystem needed

Good you like a system without even having tried it, well maybe on a testdrive, but not extensively. As you say, each to their own.

Regarding the red plates, you'd better correct this thread then, where is said 'no driving between 6 PM and 6 AM'. A thread you even contributed to.

Good you like a system without even having tried it, well maybe on a testdrive, but not extensively. As you say, each to their own.

Regarding the red plates, you'd better correct this thread then, where is said 'no driving between 6 PM and 6 AM'. A thread you even contributed to.

as you say, I posted and I posted the limits. The poster with 6pm to 6am is stating old rules. Up to him. and you. feel free to post your opinion, as you did here. So many silly rumours about red plates

even my cheap mazda2 has auto volume reduction when reducing speed, and no cds needed. 700k baht Fiesta gets you voice control.

Touch screen works fine at low speed and when parked, but at high speed or bumpy roads, or as in Th often both, I find it useless

The soundsystem layout in ranger/bt50 is same as in my 2008 Accord. the Accord replaced a 2007 Camry with silly touch screen, did 70k km in the Accord during 15 months of ownership. Works very well thank you.

as you say, I posted and I posted the limits. The poster with 6pm to 6am is stating old rules. Up to him. and you. feel free to post your opinion, as you did here.

I'm sure the OP in that thread would like to know the rules, that is what he was asking for. And now you're saying somebody is answering incorrectly, and you won't give the correct information in that thread. Up to you, but a bit strange, because I know from all your other posts you love to correct people.

as you say, I posted and I posted the limits. The poster with 6pm to 6am is stating old rules. Up to him. and you. feel free to post your opinion, as you did here.

I'm sure the OP in that thread would like to know the rules, that is what he was asking for. And now you're saying somebody is answering incorrectly, and you won't give the correct information in that thread. Up to you, but a bit strange, because I know from all your other posts you love to correct people.

hehehe.

I love to correct people

or

I prefere readers to get their facts straight

in this particular thread he was asking how things are done in Pattaya, and as cops in Pattaya are not like others, the 6pm to 6 am poster might be right about "fining" in Pattaya. I leave this to you and the guys in Pattaya. I have already stated the facts.

KBB, did you get this from Ford HKT or Ford Bkk ?

Hkt told me end of April. Would be interesting to know if they are telling different stories.

Thanks.

Ranger 2,2 Wildtrack delayed according to Ford TH, possibly to June.

No pricing or delivery schedule on 3,2 yet.

Man Im glad i made that Mazda 3,2 orderlicklips.gif

BKK, they say they will update info in April. Seems lack of Wildtrack parts is problem. Phuket aint got a clue

official letter to all 2,2 WT buyers who have made deposit and left adress in depositform have now been sendt from Ford TH, with apoligies. 2,2 XLT offered to those in need of car before end of June 2012.

Lack of 2,2 WT parts due to flooding is the excuse

Thanks for the info KBB.

Ford Bkk have confirmed pricing for WT 3.2 @ 1 049 000 Baht.

I take it the lack of WT 2.2 parts will have a knock on effect for WT 3.2 and the earliest we shall see 3.2 is end of June ?

You don' t sound too convinced by the flooding story ?

official letter to all 2,2 WT buyers who have made deposit and left adress in depositform have now been sendt from Ford TH, with apoligies. 2,2 XLT offered to those in need of car before end of June 2012.

Thanks for the info KBB.

Ford Bkk have confirmed pricing for WT 3.2 @ 1 049 000 Baht.

I take it the lack of WT 2.2 parts will have a knock on effect for WT 3.2 and the earliest we shall see 3.2 is end of June ?

You don' t sound too convinced by the flooding story ?

Ford Th has not revealed any pricing or spec for TH 3,2 WT, and no release date. Some dealers are guessing tho. If they want to go full OZ spec, my guess is 1.099.000 baht, and a reduced spec XLT 3,2 at 999k baht

as you say, I posted and I posted the limits. The poster with 6pm to 6am is stating old rules. Up to him. and you. feel free to post your opinion, as you did here. So many silly rumours about red plates

even my cheap mazda2 has auto volume reduction when reducing speed, and no cds needed. 700k baht Fiesta gets you voice control.

Touch screen works fine at low speed and when parked, but at high speed or bumpy roads, or as in Th often both, I find it useless

The soundsystem layout in ranger/bt50 is same as in my 2008 Accord. the Accord replaced a 2007 Camry with silly touch screen, did 70k km in the Accord during 15 months of ownership. Works very well thank you.

A lot of people also like to put a DVD/TV on for the kids...wont be doing that on the 80's style keypad

A lot of people also like to put a DVD/TV on for the kids...wont be doing that on the 80's style keypad

why not? keypad operated sound/movie/navi as in Accord, with hard drive so you can store movies without cds

no need for fingerpints on any screens, is your 50inch flatscreen at home operated by touch on screen? My isnt, I prefer remotegiggle.gif

why not? keypad operated sound/movie/navi as in Accord, with hard drive so you can store movies without cds

no need for fingerpints on any screens, is your 50inch flatscreen at home operated by touch on screen? My isnt, I prefer remotegiggle.gif

The Double Din LCD stereos are operated by steering wheel controls and movies/music etc would normally be played off a USB or Ipod

Where can a movie be played in the Ford?

Ford-Ranger-Wildtrak-2012-800x600-wallpaper-08.jpg

The Double Din LCD stereos are operated by steering wheel controls and movies/music etc would normally be played off a USB or Ipod

ahhh, looks brilliant, I dont want to play movies in my ride, grew out of it with my 2007 Camry with in dash dvd/touch screen

anyone want a movie in my car, bring your own screen and keep it in the back seatdrunk.gif

ahhh, looks brilliant, I dont want to play movies in my ride, grew out of it with my 2007 Camry with in dash dvd/touch screen

anyone want a movie in my car, bring your own screen and keep it in the back seatdrunk.gif

This looks more sophisticated though right?

isuzu_d-max_2012_3.jpg

This looks more sophisticated though right?

isuzu_d-max_2012_3.jpg

sure, looks great

works terribly at speed, whatever one wants to do the finger on screen covers the action you are taking, finger off screen again to see what happend, at 160kmh finger is hard to hold still on screen, and screen is to low from vision area/front window/screen

simply takes to much attention away from driving, and except for looks I could not find one advantage during 40.000km using this crap

now if you could find a photo of Porsche Cayenne, they have improved this by adding a few buttons and a place to rest hand while operating touchscreen. still not as good as buttons only, but they realise people want silly touch screens

had a 14incher touchscreen in my boat in 1999 for navigation, same problem in rough seas, had to go back to traditional buttons

sure, looks great

works terribly at speed, whatever one wants to do the finger on screen covers the action you are taking, finger off screen again to see what happend, at 160kmh finger is hard to hold still on screen, and screen is to low from vision area/front window/screen

simply takes to much attention away from driving, and except for looks I could not find one advantage during 40.000km using this crap

now if you could find a photo of Porsche Cayenne, they have improved this by adding a few buttons and a place to rest hand while operating touchscreen. still not as good as buttons only, but they realise people want silly touch screens

had a 14incher touchscreen in my boat in 1999 for navigation, same problem in rough seas, had to go back to traditional buttons

In short, you're too old for a touch screen.

You could also use the remote, but I do find that distracts me from driving.

sure, looks great

In short, you're too old for a touch screen.

You could also use the remote, but I do find that distracts me from driving.

hehehe, I v got touchscreens, but not in my cars

of course I do not have my bt50 3,2 yet, they actually need to start manufactoring them Th spec first

for now we are doing great with the tiny mazda2 around Phuket, but was hoping for a 3,2 ranger/bt50 for Songkran trip. Without it I wont drive off Phuket

Why would you not drive your Mazda 2 off Phuket??

Sedans in the past always had a higher passenger safety rating than pickups or 4x4s

Sedans in the past always had a higher passenger safety rating than pickups or 4x4s

small, would have to move seatbrackets to be able to stretch my legs properly in addition no cruisecontrol to relax my legs, low power, struggles above 140kmh, crash safety not even close to a high end pickup, cant bring my bike, dog loves to go in the trunk so he doesnt mind

off Phuket, ok Krabi or somewhere close, and I did take my 2006 Yaris to Hua Hin once, not to bad, just takes some time

planning an Isarn trip for Songkran, hope Bt50 is delivered by then

If ford had kept their schedule we would have been in Chiang Mai in January. as we know, they didnt

small, would have to move seatbrackets to be able to stretch my legs properly in addition no cruisecontrol to relax my legs, low power, struggles above 140kmh, crash safety not even close to a high end pickup, cant bring my bike, dog loves to go in the trunk so he doesnt mind

off Phuket, ok Krabi or somewhere close, and I did take my 2006 Yaris to Hua Hin once, not to bad, just takes some time

If ford had kept their schedule we would have been in Chiang Mai in January. as we know, they didnt

Although I'm not one to worry about safelty a huge amount or stick to speed limits it surprises me that you would worry about safety and then say that you drive at 140-160kmh

In my experience of trips between Phuket and BKK it is extremely difficult to reach a constant speed close to those you are quoting and to try and use cruise control at those speeds would be nigh on impossible. Maybe 120-130kmh would be possible for medium to short periods but even that is hopeful.

Driving at 160kmh then having a samlor pull out in front of you at 60kmh would be interesting even if the road was dry.

Although I'm not one to worry about safelty a huge amount or stick to speed limits it surprises me that you would worry about safety and then say that you drive at 140-160kmh

In my experience of trips between Phuket and BKK it is extremely difficult to reach a constant speed close to those you are quoting and to try and use cruise control at those speeds would be nigh on impossible. Maybe 120-130kmh would be possible for medium to short periods but even that is hopeful.

Driving at 160kmh then having a samlor pull out in front of you at 60kmh would be interesting even if the road was dry.

so we have different experience on touch screens and what is safe speed in TH. Been doing Phuket- Hua Hin some +100 times at these speeds. Wouldnt recomend it for most drivers or vehicles, especially not while operating a touch screen, sh-t emoticons not working

so we have different experience on touch screens and what is safe speed in TH. Been doing Phuket- Hua Hin some +100 times at these speeds. Wouldnt recomend it for most drivers or vehicles, especially not while operating a touch screen, sh-t emoticons not working

Yes we can agree to disagree, I don't know why you would fumble around trying to touch the screen anyhow as they are controlled by the steering wheel controls. We have very different driving techniques I guess.

Yes we can agree to disagree, I don't know why you would fumble around trying to touch the screen anyhow as they are controlled by the steering wheel controls. We have very different driving techniques I guess.

steering wheel controls or voice control for bass, treble, balance and fader? new to me

past year I havent had any car with steering wheel or voice control, so cant remember if I can even choose file, just track

2012 Mazda Bt50 on display at Central Phuket until 29th. Including the 3,2auto 4x4 4 door. While Ford has WT delivery problems, Mazda has taken 5.000 orders since launch January 24th, and delivering en mass.

at the mazda dealer, 12 new Phuket Police patrolcars where lined up last time I was therepost-81971-0-20144900-1329992262_thumb.jpost-81971-0-20144900-1329992262_thumb.j

2012 Mazda Bt50 on display at Central Phuket until 29th. Including the 3,2auto 4x4 4 door. While Ford has WT delivery problems, Mazda has taken 5.000 orders since launch January 24th, and delivering en mass.

at the mazda dealer, 12 new Phuket Police patrolcars where lined up last time I was therepost-81971-0-20144900-1329992262_thumb.jpost-81971-0-20144900-1329992262_thumb.j

are you hoping to get spotters fees

are you hoping to get spotters fees

No

but following the Thai car market closely for 9 years, I see a trend.

I believe the times when Toyota and Honda had +80% of all car sales is over.

I believe the times when Toyota and isuzu had +80% of all pickup sales is over.

Other brands are moving up on sales stats. Oligopol was never any good. Lets hope we will see real competition to win a sale

and as i am naive, I just thought some wanted to see Th fastest factory spec pickup

I'm intrigued enough to ask you why you think its OK for you to drive at irresponsible, illegal speeds....touch screen or not,whilst recomending most others dont do likewise ?

I'm intrigued enough to ask you why you think its OK for you to drive at irresponsible, illegal speeds....touch screen or not,whilst recomending most others dont do likewise ?

It is not ok to break the speed limit of 90 kmh. It is illegal, and I have been fined for it. So I reckomend others to not do likewise.

Only the expressways around BKK allows 120kmh, and only parts of the day.

In build up areas, like most of Phuket, the speedlimit is 60kmh

But I am honest, so admit my breaking of speedlimits

The maximum penalty for being in breach of speedlimits is 1.000 baht

Smoking cigaretts in public under a roof, like any bar/restaurant, carrys a penalty of fine 2.000 baht, and is a criminal act.

Throwing cigarettes butt on the ground is another criminal act, dont recall fine amount.

Adapting to this society, I find speeding almost acceptabel, so do most others judging by the speed on Phuket roads, who keep 60kmh on Chao Fa? and who keep 90kmh on the highways all day long?

Not defending my breach of speedlimits, just trying to display a larger picture

The touchscreen where not useless at speed is hard to operate especially if used to rapid responses of modern phones and tablets. I use the remote more than the screen. Hand braced on shifter, finger dangling I found I had my eyes off the road more than usual.

Don't see why the screen or at least the operational parts has to be in the traditional place anyway.Stick my horn back on the stalk and put my touchscreen controls there.

Edited by 2unique