My Problem

orpheus454

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Socks. Who use them in Thailand? rolleyes.gif

My thoughts exactly---unless you need mosquito protection for your ankles at dusk and on buses!

mossies love smelly socks,especially one with holes.

Note to self: Wash socks at least monthly. whistling.gif

Socks. Who use them in Thailand? rolleyes.gif

Tourists wearing sandals? rolleyes.gif

TEFLers?coffee1.gif

?Toe Exposed Free-Loaders?

Socks. Who use them in Thailand?

How else is one to get the broken glass out of one's whisky?

Apparent from gentle decantation, which requires a steadier hand than mine.

I believe some people use a wind sock. I don't know how or why

SC

If the hole happened in Thailand, it is very nearly always a case of anti-foreigner sentiment.

If it happened back home, then it is of course the fault of the immigrants (paki's mainly, but also those eastern europeans) who do nothing but leech of the system.

Now we're getting somewhere, maybe it was the leech that bit into the sock thereby making a hole.

This thread is going downhill, we've already had references to "unwanted pregnancy" and "ti_ts up", do you guys read sex into everything !!

This is a serious topic.

Edit to say if the op is considering darning the hole...do not do it yourself...that would be working !!

I think the thread went downhill a while ago...hence the hole. And he only tried to make a funny reference to sex because he lives in Sok-cum-wit!

p.s. The Phuket sok-sok mafia are monitoring this thread...

Which sock? Left or right?

That's a large part of the problem... sometimes it seems to be in the left sock, and sometimes in the right.

It's really quite confusing, and makes me somewhat reticent to take the DIY option. I wouldn't want to waste my time darning the wrong sock.

That's a large part of the problem... sometimes it seems to be in the left sock, and sometimes in the right.

It's really quite confusing, and makes me somewhat reticent to take the DIY option. I wouldn't want to waste my time darning the wrong sock.

Maybe you should pre-emptively darn all your socks, in anticipation of possible holes.

Better safe than sorry, as my dear old grandmother used to say.

SC

To be honest, I don't know why you have three socks; a left and right suffice for me, without also a wrong sock.

My brother used to say "drinking irn bru and whisky is like wearing a plaster cast before you get knocked down"; maybe he still does.

Just make sure that if you throw it out that you have the whole one put down humanely. Last thing you want is it crawling off and spawning.

darn it ! It's so annoying when that happens ....

don't go out drinking and get in a rage and then sock it to me someone ... fighting won't help ..

this hole mess can be cleared sew easily !

seems to me you need to pull your socks up and get on with life !!

wai.gif

Edited by steven100

Just make sure that if you throw it out that you have the whole one put down humanely. Last thing you want is it crawling off and spawning.

Lone socks can cause a hole heap of trouble and it'll be hopping mad if you don't stamp him out properly. Actually, is it a he or she? Or a he-she? You wanna check, as the female socks that get discarded after you've seen their hole can go crazy!!

Good thread. I too have problems with holes in socks. I tried the"hide the hole between toes" method, but it really is just a temporary "solution" . Have a pretty good collection so far. May think about weaving them all to make a little rug for my shoes!