Project Architectural Drawing Prices

Sorry Folks if this is not the correct method of asking the following.

I have searched, however most results are regarding house building , not large scale projects.

Our team has designed a large project running currently around the 3800SQM

This includes Accom, Restaurant, Office and facilities, I am deliberatly being vague at this point.

We have had a quote for the Architectural drawings to be done for 700,000Baht, from the orbortor, who has also guaranteed approval of the drawings.

We are sceptical, as this is our first endeavour, so no flaming please.

Im here for intelligent advice not insults.

Thanks for reply,

Without going into too much detail

I have google transalted a part of the quote

(Quote)The total building area of ​​approximately 3883.51 sq .- m. (Not including the roof).

I would like to bid for work in the profession. Project is 200 square meters of Baht

It is a 776,702 baht (seven hundred seventy six thousand seven hundred and two baht) or approx. 2.5% of construction costs. However, the reduction of 10% to 699,000 .- baht (six hundred ninety nine thousand baht), the scope of my job is to provide the following details.

1. The design plan. Architecture and building engineering.

2. The design and structural calculations by a civil engineer.

3. The architectural design of the building by the architect.

4. For control of the building. Act shall be controlled by engineering civil engineer.

5. The task of building control. Architectural Act shall be controlled by the architect.

6. The shooting of 4 sets of building plans.(Unquote)

seems too cheap to be true.maybe there is little design requirements involved.

usually, (depending on contract) would be about 7-10% of estimated building cost.

even if you could build it for 10,000 Thb/sqm (which i doubt), you would be looking at 38,000,000 thb construction costs.

so minimum cost for drawings would be 2,660,000 thb.

for a development that size, the above price would be about right for proper architectural services.

which obviously includes working with the developer throughout the project.

just make sure you have MEP drawings included.

good luck

Thx again Splitlid,

Yes the complex is rather basic, open air structures mainly, our clients are not coming fora resort holiday thats for sure.

Thx for your input very helpful indeed.

Its hard to find the right information to build in Thailand if its not a house, while I have lived and worked in Thailand for seven years and know a lot, hard to get specific information, someone should write a book.

Even some architectural and Constructions firms I contacted gave very vague information, rather stressfull I must say.

Cheers again