New Cars For 2012 And Beyond

Big Guns

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Photos of prototype of new 2013 Nissan Teana????

http://www.moniteura...ncept-16447.cfm

It says CVT gearbox and 1.8 l motorsick.gif

Hope the 6 cyl.2,5l will still be available

Shape of the front aisles is on par with Honda Accord prototype presented in Tokyo some weeks ago

Who copy who?rolleyes.gif

This is a picture of the new mid-level Nissan Sylphy (in the US known as the Sentra ("aussi connu sous le nom de Sentra")), which will replace the Tiida in Thailand. Nice looking car, but hardly a new Teanna. With a 1.8 l engine -- are you kidding?

Edited by Thailaw

Well no exactly kidding.The Tiida is a lot smaller than this prototype.But the Teana seems to be the same size as this one

And replacing the 2 l from the Teana by a 1.8l could be a good move to reduce consumption

Time will tell

Well no exactly kidding.The Tiida is a lot smaller than this prototype.But the Teana seems to be the same size as this one

And replacing the 2 l from the Teana by a 1.8l could be a good move to reduce consumption

Time will tell

Yah that's the sylphy, the replacement for the tiida. It looks large in the pics (its a true c segment car) but doubt it's as big as a teana - nissan claims it to have d segment comfort and b segment fuel economy. That sounds nice but time will tell. No specs on engine power as yet.

Time will tell

No time is required to "tell". The information is readily available on the internet if one looks, even quickly. And it should be obvious that no manufacturer would introduce its top range car with a 1.8 l engine when all of its competitors offer a 2.0 l engine as their smallest engine. They may go hybrid, but they won't reduce engine size in what are already under powered cars. Perhaps you would buy one, but no one else would.

From www.auto-types.com (April 28, 2012):

"If you remember a popular car by Nissan called Sunny that was replaced with Tiida Latio in Thailand, you will also know that the new car was not a good success for the country. In my own view, the Sunny was more famous and successful as compared to the Tiida Latio. Nissan Tiida Latio is a four door saloon car that is placed in C-segment class all the time. This car was introduced in the market in competition with Toyota Corolla Altos. Although, the car was priced lower than the Corolla and of course the features were also less than the competitors. . . . The goal was to give a tough competition to Toyota Corolla and if possible, beat it in the market. Keeping all these things in mind, company has decided that Tiida Latio will not further stay in Thailand and it will be moved from the country. However, the new car by Nissan called Sylphy that made its debut in China a week ago will be introduced in Thailand as well. The car will make its debut in Thailand in 3rd quarter of this year. Well, you can say that Sylphy was made as a proper C car and it cannot be confused in to B and C class at the same time. The wheelbase length of the car is 2.7 meters. The Sylphy is also called as Bluebird too. This car has the combined features of Hyundai Elantra and Honda Civic which makes it a great car and it can give tough competition to Toyota Corolla in the market. Nissan takes cabin space as best feature of Sylphy and they have added cushy seats in the car as well. The cabin is very quiet that is a plus for almost a luxury car. Nissan also made a statement that the comfort level of this car is same as of the D-segment Teana.

While talking about the performance of the car, one can say that Sylphy has got proper performance as well. This car performs better than any other car produced by Nissan for this class till date. The Engine to be used in the car is 1.8 litre petrol engine having twin variable valve timing. It also has the 4th generation CVT automatic that helps the car to compete with Toyota Corolla directly. Now, we can say that Nissan has made something that can give a tough time to Corolla finally. If you have to judge Sylphy from an initial impression, it seems like a best car to buy when it comes to C-segment. Especially, this car fulfills all the requirement of a typical Thai customer. Customers in the region like to buy cars with classy look, having good fuel economy and of course the roomy cabins. The car has all these things to offer and we have to wait and see if it gives a tough time to its competitor Corolla or not." (emphasis added)

In case you don't know, the Teana competes directly with the Camry, not the Altis/Corolla. If you weren't joking, you should have been. Next.....

Edited by Thailaw

• 4 months later...

Yep great thread. Never seen it before. Hopefully it will continue.

Is there anymore info on the mondeo or Mx5.

It's hard to believe cars are so bland here that I'm asking about them.

New Mondeo is due in Australia late 2013 or early 2014 so I wouldn't expect it here before then.

post-145826-0-53601700-1347004571_thumb.

Ford are still sitting on the fence as to whether or not Thai assembly lines will see ecoboost engines in the current generation of products. If we see an ecoboost Focus rather than a TDCi Focus at the November motorshow, the chances of a local market Mondeo will be much higher...

The new MX-5 is a gimme for TH though - not much is known so far except that it will be using a 1.3L turbo engine, and kerb weight will be kept under 1000KG.

Does any one know what the 2013 Nissan Almera facelift will be i notice that in other markets the Almera is sold with a 1.5 litre engine.

There's been no suggestions from Nissan about a 1.5L version for TH, but anything is possible (and a 1.5L version much more likely) once the new car buyer's rebate ends in mid 2013...

New Mondeo is due in Australia late 2013 or early 2014 so I wouldn't expect it here before then.

*if* the Mondeo gets green lighted for the local market, it's highly likely we'll see if before then end of 2013.

Ford are still sitting on the fence as to whether or not Thai assembly lines will see ecoboost engines in the current generation of products. If we see an ecoboost Focus rather than a TDCi Focus at the November motorshow, the chances of a local market Mondeo will be much higher...

The new MX-5 is a gimme for TH though - not much is known so far except that it will be using a 1.3L turbo engine, and kerb weight will be kept under 1000KG.

Does any one know what the 2013 Nissan Almera facelift will be i notice that in other markets the Almera is sold with a 1.5 litre engine.

There's been no suggestions from Nissan about a 1.5L version for TH, but anything is possible (and a 1.5L version much more likely) once the new car buyer's rebate ends in mid 2013...

*if* the Mondeo gets green lighted for the local market, it's highly likely we'll see if before then end of 2013.

How's the Hybrid? Welcome back

Edited by Woodsie888

Not quite sure what you're on about there Woodsie.... But if I were the kind to drive a Hybrid SUV, all I could tell you is that it's great car, but also eagerly waiting to be replaced by something bigger, like a 7-seat GL class or Q7 when the next gen arrive ;)

Not quite sure what you're on about there Woodsie.... But if I were the kind to drive a Hybrid SUV, all I could tell you is that it's great car, but also eagerly waiting to be replaced by something bigger, like a 7-seat GL class or Q7 when the next gen arrive wink.png

Like I said, welcome back. hehe

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any info on the Civic 2013 model? It was posted on another thread that the Civic 2013 will have a minor change when released in the second-half of 2013. Is this confirmed for Thailand? Any idea what the minor change could be?

I know the new Civic 2012 has been released - and it looks a like City....

Reading a UK report [uK Ford Mondeo is/was a Rep mobile] will have a 1.0 lt Turbo engine for the new model ?

Auto Express 27 Sept 2012.............All-new Ford Mondeo models revealed, powered by 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine

This is the all-new Ford Mondeo, the latest car to be built under Ford’s ‘One Ford’ philosophy, as well as the latest and largest model to feature the three-cylinder 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine.

Edit: for some that do not know the Mondeo is bigger [next class up] than the Focus

Edited by ignis

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any rough date for the 2013 accord yet?

Sources expect it to launch in H1 2013 - most likely with a March-April launch.

Styling is not the same as the American version recently revealed however, but sources seem fairly certain that TH will be seeing at least one hybrid variant in the new generation.

Reading a UK report [uK Ford Mondeo is/was a Rep mobile] will have a 1.0 lt Turbo engine for the new model ?

Auto Express 27 Sept 2012.............All-new Ford Mondeo models revealed, powered by 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine

This is the all-new Ford Mondeo, the latest car to be built under Ford’s ‘One Ford’ philosophy, as well as the latest and largest model to feature the three-cylinder 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine.

Edit: for some that do not know the Mondeo is bigger [next class up] than the Focus

Apparently we can expect not to get the new Mondeo at it's initial Asia-Pac market launch - AU/NZ will be importing theirs from Germany. There's still a small chance we'll see domestic production start at it's mid-life minor change though (as per Fiesta), but no-one's saying anything much to substantiate that... :(

Apparently we can expect not to get the new Mondeo at it's initial Asia-Pac market launch - AU/NZ will be importing theirs from Germany. There's still a small chance we'll see domestic production start at it's mid-life minor change though (as per Fiesta), but no-one's saying anything much to substantiate that... sad.png

Why do we always get the models when they are half way chewed threw....blink.png

Why does Europe get smaller engines with turbos in order to make them more economical and we get 2.0 old mills....with less power and higher consumption.

....maybe the answer is that for the newer engines they would have to train the Thai technicians too much....just a wild guess! coffee1.gif

Apparently we can expect not to get the new Mondeo at it's initial Asia-Pac market launch - AU/NZ will be importing theirs from Germany. There's still a small chance we'll see domestic production start at it's mid-life minor change though (as per Fiesta), but no-one's saying anything much to substantiate that... sad.png

Why do we always get the models when they are half way chewed threw....blink.png

Why does Europe get smaller engines with turbos in order to make them more economical and we get 2.0 old mills....with less power and higher consumption.

....maybe the answer is that for the newer engines they would have to train the Thai technicians too much....just a wild guess! coffee1.gif

Well the swift is far from technical, and has been around in 1.2 guise in Europe for a couple of years. I guess a side benefit of older technology is that any flaws would have been ironed out (in theory), before we get it. A small petrol turbo or diesel would do well here, but there just doesn't seem the demand, or Thais are not aware of new car technology (but they till have the latest phones:)

Thailand is pretty much just a low-cost production base - outside of Toyota (Hilux) and Isuzu, not a lot of R&D actually happens here and for most makers, the only real testing that goes on is final validation (testing tooling for production)..

So in many cases, production only starts here mid-life, once Germany/UK/US/Aust engineering teams have ironed out the technical chinks and bedded down assembly/production for the model.

Turbo engines are more expensive to manufacture, and with TH's tax structure, there's simply no financial incentives to offset the additional production cost. No-one really knows if the domestic market is ready to accept a small capacity turbo engine in lieu of a "tried and true" 1.6 or 2.0L either, given that running costs are not as important to Thai's as buyers in other markets.. IMHO that is ;)

Just read an article where the President of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation was quoted last week at the Sydeney Moter Show as saying that the next generation Triton was currently under development and will be launched in 2014. He apparently also confirmed that an all new version of the Triton based SUV was also under development (PJS to us), but he would not confirm when this would be released. Speculation in the article I read seemed to point to 2015!!

Just read an article where the President of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation was quoted last week at the Sydeney Moter Show as saying that the next generation Triton was currently under development and will be launched in 2014. He apparently also confirmed that an all new version of the Triton based SUV was also under development (PJS to us), but he would not confirm when this would be released. Speculation in the article I read seemed to point to 2015!!

I guess that's the article?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/196797/new-mitsubishi-triton-pajero-coming-2014/

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/DD4CCB45458EC8D7CA257A9F000AB848

MITSUBISHI Motors will launch the next-generation Triton one-tonne ute in 2014, and appears to have abandoned plans to co-develop the vehicle with Nissan.

The company’s global president, Osamu Masuko, revealed the plans for the popular Triton pick-up on his first visit to an Australian International Motor Show last week.

He said an all-new Pajero off-roader would follow about six months later and confirmed the next Challenger SUV will continue to share its separate chassis with the Triton – unlike the new Nissan Pathfinder that has moved to a car-like monocoque construction.

In any case, that gives us the time to enjoy our PJS!

Just read an article where the President of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation was quoted last week at the Sydeney Moter Show as saying that the next generation Triton was currently under development and will be launched in 2014.

That sounds right - if you're in Australia :) Thailand will see it next year.

I wouldn't expect to see the next-gen PJS until late 2014, so yes, plenty of time to enjoy it before it attracts a ~10% resale dip ;)

Just read an article where the President of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation was quoted last week at the Sydeney Moter Show as saying that the next generation Triton was currently under development and will be launched in 2014.

That sounds right - if you're in Australia smile.png Thailand will see it next year.

I wouldn't expect to see the next-gen PJS until late 2014, so yes, plenty of time to enjoy it before it attracts a ~10% resale dip wink.png

By the time the current PJS is ready for trade-in there should be a few interesting options around.

If they release the new Triton/PJS for sale here before the export markets it will at least make a pleasant variation in strategy when compared to the recent strategies of Ford and others.

<snip>

I wouldn't expect to see the next-gen PJS until late 2014, so yes, plenty of time to enjoy it before it attracts a ~10% resale dip wink.png

Ahh that's good to know. Thanks !

I only keep my cars for 3 years max. Recently ordered the replacement Jazz (3 years old in January) for the wife (delivery somewhere in Dec) and the PJS (which we bought in 2011) is then up for replacement.

Edited by MJCM