Pattaya Bike Week

cdmtdm

i am heading up to Pattaya for the bike week next week , i have not been past Hua Hin on the bike and need the heads up on what is the best route from Hua Hin to Pattaya on the bike , i am getting conflicting info ...

cheers

if i thought that i would have posted it in the Hua Hin forum , many riders will be riding from PHUKET to PATTAYA so i am hoping a rider from PHUKET will share the info ....

There remains a link in the Phuket Forum so you should get the interest from both Phuket & Hua Hin Forums.

pass Hua Hin, continue on 4 until you see #35 Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, swap to expressway 9 until you see expressway 7 which takes you all the way to Patts. Bikes not allowed on expressways, are you riding with Teddy or any other HWP Volunteer? if so should be no fines, just display badge. If not just give them a couple of hundre if pulled over, do not give them you DL, then they want more to return it. At tollway booth use center lanes as less cops. Boring ride among the trucks below the tollways, so its worth the expressway hassle. have a nice trip

You can follow the advice of some dreamers on this forum and take the express way, which is off limit for bikes , but for a few hundred Baht your problem will be solved ( sarcasm ) or you can go by ferry.

The ferry goes from between near Huahin, I don't know the name of the actual city but some other posters will sure tell you , and Phra padaeng every 15 minutes or so.There is also a road which goes through Bangkok and doesn't include any highways but better to avoid Bangkok city with a big bike.

thanks fellas , i like the sound of the ferry if putting big bikes on is ok .... need to narrow that down as to where they leave from and if big bikes are ok ...cheers ...

ps yes Teddy is coming but we are both not fond of the bkk traffic ...

thanks fellas , i like the sound of the ferry if putting big bikes on is ok .... need to narrow that down as to where they leave from and if big bikes are ok ...cheers ...

ps yes Teddy is coming but we are both not fond of the bkk traffic ...

Yes the ferry takes bikes and cars,have taken it once on my way from Pattaya to the Puket bikeweek,on the return I took the road through Bangkok as a guy living in Bangkok leaded us.

If I remember correctly it was 15 Baht for the ferry.

Take a look here http://thaitransit.blogspot.com/2008/07/mass-transport-of-phra-pradaeng.html