Just Got This Baby

ManOnTheRoad

Just got this baby what should i do with it, any modification suggestion, I know its only 150cc but i want it to look like a GP bike , Would like to do modification on the body fairings and etc. Engine speed modification not so important at the moment the important thing is the look

I check out the Thai CBR150 club website and i can say those thai dudes really turn their CBR 150 into a monster bike.

Please any suggestion are welcome ,

Thanks

MOTR

post-104624-0-42242000-1328549716_thumb.

nice, can you give information, which year, how much you buy etc?

Make Model Honda CBR 150R

Year 2005-2009

Engine Liquid cooled, four stroke, single cylinder, DOHC, 4valve

Capacity 149.4 Bore x Stroke 63.5 x 47.2 mm Compression Ratio 11.0 : 1

Induction

Ignition / Starting CDI Direct / electric

Max Power

Max Torque

Transmission / Drive 6 Speed / chain Gear Ratio 1st 3.038 / 2nd 1.941 / 3rd 1.500 / 4th 1.227 / 5th 1.041 / 6th 0.923

Front Suspension Telescopic

Rear Suspension Monoshock

Front Brakes Single 276mm disc 2 piston caliper

Rear Brakes Single 220mm disc 2 piston caliper

Front Tyre 80/90 -17

Rear Tyre 100/80- 17 Seat Height 776 mm

Dry-Weight 115 kg

Fuel Capacity 10 Litres

Edited by ManOnTheRoad

nice, can you give information, which year, how much you buy etc?

Make Model Honda CBR 150R

Year 2005-2009

Engine Liquid cooled, four stroke, single cylinder, DOHC, 4valve

Capacity 149.4 Bore x Stroke 63.5 x 47.2 mm Compression Ratio 11.0 : 1

Induction

Ignition / Starting CDI Direct / electric

Max Power

Max Torque

Transmission / Drive 6 Speed / chain Gear Ratio 1st 3.038 / 2nd 1.941 / 3rd 1.500 / 4th 1.227 / 5th 1.041 / 6th 0.923

Front Suspension Telescopic

Rear Suspension Monoshock

Front Brakes Single 276mm disc 2 piston caliper

Rear Brakes Single 220mm disc 2 piston caliper

Front Tyre 80/90 -17

Rear Tyre 100/80- 17 Seat Height 776 mm

Dry-Weight 115 kg

Fuel Capacity 10 Litres

Fore that monney beter can buy a totaal new honda nsr repsol.

Plus the repsol 35 horses

its bigger

That what i think ,before you lookcking around about 2 strokes now 4 stroker?

Sorry than you not drive before a good 2 stroker when you go over to 4 stroke 150 cc.

img5288resize.jpg

img5262resize.jpg

Streetfightered out looks awesome...may have to do the same smile.png

Looks like the bottom pan from a Sonic.

Yeal looks cool ehh. smile.png

yep looks really cool, i use to have a yellow one just like that, engine was done up pretty good too. It could hit 160kph sitting upright. Cams, piston, crankpin, polished intake the works, never got around to putting a cdi on that one though.Thing would jump off the line and do wheelies all day long...I'm debating whether to do the same with my current CBR if i keep it. wink.png

old bike

5za9x.jpg

4i8wl.jpg

Edited by KRS1

As far as I'm aware the CBR 150's had a black frame from 2007 onwards.

I had a yellow one myself for a while and they are the best colour scheme available.

There is a metallic green one riding around Chiang Mai which sounds awful until you see it, whoever painted it did an excellent job.

There's loads of Mods you can do but it's not really worth it. By the time you've poured all the cash into it and made your engine more vulnerable to breaking you may as well have bought a 250.

As far as I'm aware the CBR 150's had a black frame from 2007 onwards.

I had a yellow one myself for a while and they are the best colour scheme available.

There is a metallic green one riding around Chiang Mai which sounds awful until you see it, whoever painted it did an excellent job.

There's loads of Mods you can do but it's not really worth it. By the time you've poured all the cash into it and made your engine more vulnerable to breaking you may as well have bought a 250.

nah there really isn't anything more prone to breaking unless you go with a piston bigger than 69 mm.Then the gasket starts to have problems. I've ridden all over Thailand on my old bike full throttle for 4-8 hours at a time, not a single problem, and this was daily.

The only problem i have is the rear wheel sliding back when im riding it hard. The nut has to be extra super duper tight. To me its worth it to do the bike up, it's light weight and better in traffic than anything else that isn't a scooter since it has such a thin profile.

But then again, im not 6 feet tall and weigh 240lbs. ;)

Edited by KRS1

Thought about that also dindt realize that the sonic one could fit. When i have time i will modify the tail fairings to make it slimmer and sharper. Still couldnt manage to get a new spark plug, wire and put back the API II. The thing about the rear wheel is absolutly true mine was way off center after some time.

Oh btw do you know any swing arm that will fit on the cbr150.

Edited by Hili

Thought about that also dindt realize that the sonic one could fit. When i have time i will modify the tail fairings to make it slimmer and sharper. Still couldnt manage to get a new spark plug, wire and put back the API II. The thing about the rear wheel is absolutly true mine was way off center after some time.

Racing boy makes swingarms for the CBR. If i keep this bike and do the engine i'll probably reinforce the swingarm with angle iron and arc weld it on.

NSR-ProArms will also fit with some mods as you probably already know. Heck may even look into a regular NSR swingarm. The rear axle is also much thicker and allows the nut to be tighter, but then you'd probably need an NSR rear wheel.

c'mon man the API takes like 5 minutes to put back in, seat bolt, gas tank bolt, then just tilt the tank up with a coke can and stick your fingers through to the cdi. Sparkplug access sucks though!

Edited by KRS1

Racing boy makes swingarms for the CBR. If i keep this bike and do the engine i'll probably reinforce the swingarm with angle iron and arc weld it on.

NSR-ProArms will also fit with some mods as you probably already know. Heck may even look into a regular NSR swingarm. The rear axle is also much thicker and allows the nut to be tighter, but then you'd probably need an NSR rear wheel.

c'mon man the API takes like 5 minutes to put back in, seat bolt, gas tank bolt, then just tilt the tank up with a coke can and stick your fingers through to the cdi. Sparkplug access sucks though!

yes a proarm wil fit no problem.

I have one proarm over

Another interesting fact, the older models allowed the headlights/tailights to be switched off, eliminating alternator drag during the day time. = more power and a longer life for the stator.