Very New Korean Restaurant In North Pattaya, Looks Good ... But ...

Jingthing

New restaurant alert!

It's been open less than a week.

It's Seoul Korean restaurant on Pattaya North road, same side as Tesco Lotus, a little bit towards the beach.

I popped in there to look at their menu after already having eaten at a Korean restaurant on 3rd road (which is clearly the local Koreatown area).

The menu at this new place looks very promising. Mind you, I'm not into the BBQ part of the menu, they have that of course as all the Korean places do. I favor the soups and stews part of the menu. On that part, my first impression is that they have the best Korean menu I've seen not only in Pattaya but even Bangkok (though there are so many in Bangkok that I haven't seen you can discount that). Best as in more choices, dishes you don't see everywhere, etc.

Prices? About the same as the local standard (bargain in my view) on about 3/4 of the items and oddly MUCH higher on some items.

No, I haven't eaten there yet, obviously.

Here is the problem. I was trying to eyeball the food on the tables and the staff there was getting annoyed with me because I had made it clear I wasn't going to eat there right then. On three tables I looked at, there were only TWO Banchan side dishes! I was rather shocked as at least six is pretty standard at Korean places everywhere. They saw me looking and I asked, only two side dishes, and I think they understood me and they said yes. I am not fully confident though about what I saw and how they responded. Also, it is possible some dishes may come with two and other orders come with more. Perhaps you get more if you order from the BBQ menu? In any case, I'm sure I'll try this place at least one time to try one of the dishes there not available other places. BUT if they really only give two Banchan side dishes, I'll never be a regular, as that's really a deal killer for me.

To be clear, I may be wrong about their banchan policy. Anyway, you've got the new restaurant report, vague as it is ...

Here is a typical "free" Banchan offering that comes with any order at most Korean restaurants:

post-37101-0-80034700-1328892418_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

There is no Big C on Pattaya North Road...hope your reviews are better than your directions

Sorry, corrected now. Tesco Lotus. I never shop there, so ...

I wouldn't call my report a review. It's just notice of a new place that looks promising.

Also to note, it being a very new place, it looked very new, modern, and sophisticated so the name of big city Seoul fit it well.

Edited by Jingthing

I hope this is not the dreadfull Korean resto with a new name. There is/was a large place in the same location JT is speaking of. My favorite Korean resto is in Naklua next to Zign hotel, but anyways...

I just came back from 10 nights is Seoul and let me tell you that the Korean BBQ here in Pattaya is better then in Seoul... yes I said it. In Seoul you will pay 1000 baht p.p for (small) BBQ meat platters and a soft drink, you get Kimchee and side salad and NOTHING ELSE. I visited a few places in Seoul and they were all like this, yes the meat may be fresh but who cares when your grilling it, tastes the same to me. I now have a much greater appreciation for the Korean restos in Pattaya with the 8+ Banchan and the 400 baht p.p price

Edited by jehricaholic

I hope this is not the dreadfull Korean resto with a new name. There is/was a large place in the same location JT is speaking of. My favorite Korean resto is in Naklua next to Zign hotel, but anyways...

I really, really don't think so. I would have noticed a Korean place in that location before. I think I might know the place you are talking about, quite a bit further towards 2nd road on the same side and I also don't like it.

I agree there is great Korean food to be had in Pattaya at a good price. Didn't know about the one near the Zign Hotel as I've never even been in that area. I am generally most happy with the Korean places on 3rd road.