Import Tax Charged To Bring Clothes Into Thailand

KevinLed

Yes, I know, most people are thinking of what they can export. I have clothes that sell well in Russia, so I am considering trying to sell in Pattaya. Does anyone know what the import rate is on clothes? Can you get through the customs process just by paying the official fee, or are there other charges you must pay to expedite?

Sorry, I don't have the answer to your question but was curious if clothes from Russia can compete with the stuff made and brought in from China in terms of price.

Ya know ... depending on how much you want to bring in, I had a friend from Singapore that used to stuff 2 or 3 suitcases full of clothes she bought in the US to sell in Singapore. She just paid the extra and/or overweight baggage fee. I was shocked how much she was able to stuff in there because she once had the clothes initially delivered to my house in the US and it was two very big boxes.

The best shot is to contact a freight forward agent they will help you, also customs , both are very good to deal with , providing you have a Thai do the contacting, Basically you are importing something that is already made in Thailand, anything like that you will attract a high import duty, been there done that years ago , but have a go , you never know.

Import duties for clothes depend not only on the country of origin, but also on the fabric (cotton, wool, polyester, mix etc) and the kind of garment (jacket, pants, shirt etc) and the gender of the intended user (male, female, child) and the way it is made (knitted, woven for example).

If you can give more information, we can advise you how to use the customs website.