Norwegian Man Confesses To 'Accidentally Killing' Phuket Girlfriend

webfact

Likewise why would anyone wanting to frame someone keep a dead body lying around for the occasion and wait 2 years to plant it for that purpose? Seriously people, open your eyes!! Pretty long range thinking eh? Not exactly a common Thai asset rolleyes.gif .

The body couldn't have been planted straight after the murder? I find it nearly impossible to believe a guy would kill his girlfriend and leave the decomposing corpse in his house for 2 years.

Something stinks about the whole thing. If the guy used acid to accelerate the decomposition as was mentioned in the news article, wouldn't it have eaten right through the plastic bin and not stayed inside the container for 2 years? I think the body fluids alone would have eaten through the container. And only the stupidest criminal in the world would leave the purse along with the ID right next to the corpse of the person they killed!

The confession? I don't know. It just seems like something isn't right.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I met him briefly when we installed a new pump for his pool recently. He seemed very pleasant & more normal that I thought after reading some of his posts, many of which contained good information although I always thought the driving around at 160km/hr was a bit over the top. He PM'd me some good advice on my query regarding service for my Mitsubishi. Everyone talks about the basement but it is really at street level but my impression was a bit fortress like. Pool pump room was below ground level. BTW he paid on the spot

Now passing judgement in any way as to whether he's guilty or not, but if i had accidently killed someone in Thailand, the last thing i would do is tell the bib. With a farang killing a Thai i wouldnt trust the system to find the truth. Sad but true...

any news from Pattaya, Chiang Mai or Bangkok? Boring: always Phuket!!!!

Taksin used to call it a VIP tourism place. He really succeeded as in so many other ideas...

Actually, Phuket was a VIP tourism place until farangs started flocking there.

Ahh, so the jetski scams, unprovoked attacks on pregnant teenagers, tuk tuk mafia etc are all the farangs fault? Thanks for clearing that up.

Let's think about this. He lived in a house with the remains of his GF. Had to look at the trash can every day or at least know it existed. In his house, What kind of F%$#ed up maniac does this?

And if she fell down the stairs how did her blood get in her car? If there are 50 bullets in the box most likely he didn't shoot her. I doubt his current story. Have to believe the police are part of the solution here. He confessed to a story line that will get him off the hook or minimum punishment.

Beside, what would have been the motive for killing her?

Edited by IAMHERE

I find it quite strange that the deceased woman's purse, id card and other personal belongings were right there, as if the bibs are keystone cops and need a nudge in the right direction. According to the accused posts, he did over 50,000 km's a year between here and Hua Hin, so he had ample time and locations to dispose of the body if indeed he carried out this act.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this as I got tired of reading "it doesn't add up" by page 4 but surely a 2 year old decomposing body would stink to high heaven, even in a Karon Municipality trash bin.

It just doesn't add up.

• Like 1

I find it quite strange that the deceased woman's purse, id card and other personal belongings were right there, as if the bibs are keystone cops and need a nudge in the right direction. According to the accused posts, he did over 50,000 km's a year between here and Hua Hin, so he had ample time and locations to dispose of the body if indeed he carried out this act.

+1

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this as I got tired of reading "it doesn't add up" by page 4 but surely a 2 year old decomposing body would stink to high heaven, even in a Karon Municipality trash bin.

It just doesn't add up.

There were no unusual smells when I was there in mid January.

He was sitting at his computer with his decomposing girlfriend in the trash posting on the Phuket forum yesterday.

Making things up now are you? His last post was on the 25th.

But was viewing the forum yesterday at 3.02pm.

Forgot to close the computer, doesn't mean he was viewing.

'In Thailand the police use electric shocks on victims' genitals in ordinary criminal cases.'

I can see why he confessed.

Do you know something about this case that hasn't been reported or are you speculating?

• Like 2

do you think the Thai Police investigators will examine all he 10,000 plus posts? , there must be something in there to suggest what he had done, or accused off? remember he only ' murdered ' her 5 months after joining TV ...

alot of this doesnt make much sense, as there are friends on his facebook having a good time in his house, and as another poster mentioned, was this house for sale? , the whole BIB being involved adds a twist to it .....

and last question, if he did have afight with her, she fell down the stairs, ect ect, why was there a car NOT AT THE house with her blood stains on it after she went missing?

Cos he shot her. The guy is a total nutcase.

Do you know something we don't, or are you speculating?

• Like 1

do you think the Thai Police investigators will examine all he 10,000 plus posts? , there must be something in there to suggest what he had done, or accused off? remember he only ' murdered ' her 5 months after joining TV ...

alot of this doesnt make much sense, as there are friends on his facebook having a good time in his house, and as another poster mentioned, was this house for sale? , the whole BIB being involved adds a twist to it .....

and last question, if he did have afight with her, she fell down the stairs, ect ect, why was there a car NOT AT THE house with her blood stains on it after she went missing?

Exactly, her new policeman husband probably did it, which explains why the police did nothing all this time. But since the family kept pushing the issue, the police husband decided to frame this guy and of course the other policemen are going to back him. This guy confessed under the notorious Thai police torture.

Right, I'm glad you know this and share with us, so that we don't need to speculate any longer.

• Like 1

Talking as a private person now and not as a mod, I think this story has too many holes and open questions to pass judgement. I sincerely hope for a thorough forensic investigation that should bring to light what really happened, and why. At this time, we can only speculate.

I agree though this is just the most bizarre! Especially when, even on an anonymous impersonal forum, it feels as if he were an acquaintance or someone you knew in that anonymous impersonal way because there was interaction with him.

My reaction last night, as well. Still cannot believe it...

I interacted with him on the motorforum.

And as a fellow countryman, I am saddened.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

is it really katabeachbum?

wll miss him posting his same reused pickup picture in every post

its weird according to his post he had a respectable gf/wife which he just bought a new car and bike for.. only 6months together? seems like he was a compulsive liar then

noooo! absolute rubbish....how does this make him a liar? it could happen to anybody.

Lol. What sort of world do you live in that a guy can live with the rotting corpse of his murdered girlfriend in a trash can is something that 'can happen to anybody'?

Most crime is commiterd by non-Thais

%3Ca%20href=

Wow, leave it to the Thais to differentiate between ethnicity/nationality with regard to anything..even being robbed.

I personally don't care what they are or where they are from; a thief is a thief. Apparently not in Thailand.

I think this story has too many holes and open questions to pass judgement. I sincerely hope for a thorough forensic investigation that should bring to light what really happened, and why. At this time, we can only speculate.

I agree with your 1st statement.

I am very skeptical a thourough forensic investigation will be done and if it is done, the actual results and any evidence that does not 'suit' the local plod will be 'ignored'.

Regarding your last statement, it is also true. However, I am quite frankly disgusted and amazed at some of the comments made by people.

He is being accused of being a nutcase, retarded, psycho etc. Just from how he came across posting on TV.

Seems to me he is not the only nutcase, retard, psycho, complusive liar or whatever, here.

Um the guy admitted to to hiding the body! Jeeez the intelligence of some

• Like 1

I think this story has too many holes and open questions to pass judgement. I sincerely hope for a thorough forensic investigation that should bring to light what really happened, and why. At this time, we can only speculate.

I am very skeptical a thourough forensic investigation will be done and if it is done, the actual results and any evidence that does not 'suit' the local plod will be 'ignored'.

Regarding your last statement, it is also true. However, I am quite frankly disgusted and amazed at some of the comments made by people.

He is being accused of being a nutcase, retarded, psycho etc. Just from how he came across posting on TV.

Seems to me he is not the only nutcase, retard, psycho, complusive liar or whatever, here.

Human remains and a confession are not enough evidence for you?

Let's all wait for the lie detector test on Oprah....

• Like 1

Human remains and a confession are not enough evidence for you?

Let's all wait for the lie detector test on Oprah....

There are some TV members for whom that will never be enough. A confession will obviously mean that he was tortured in their view. Human remains in his house will obviously be planted..

It's a never ending cycle of 'they're out to get us' paranoia.

• Like 1

There are some TV members for whom that will never be enough. A confession will obviously mean that he was tortured in their view. Human remains in his house will obviously be planted..

Don't forget that in this case a lot of people know the guy, either from TV online or in person. So knowing somebody, or thinking you know somebody, makes things like this quite often more difficult to accept.

Don't forget that in this case a lot of people know the guy, either from TV online or in person. So knowing somebody, or thinking you know somebody, makes things like this quite often more difficult to accept.

Nevertheless all of the evidence points in one direction. Anyone who truly believes this to be a set up must be talking to leprechauns on a regular basis.

• Like 2

I can't say that I had much to do with him on the forum, but never once reading about his many and frequent car purchases in the Motoring Forum did I ever get the hint that he was harboring a decomposing body in his bathroom.