Norwegian Man Confesses To 'Accidentally Killing' Phuket Girlfriend

webfact

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And only the stupidest criminal in the world would leave the purse along with the ID right next to the corpse of the person they killed!

I think it's more likely that they were planted... or could it be that he wanted to pretend that they were planted?

Edited by hyperdimension

And only the stupidest criminal in the world would leave the purse along with the ID right next to the corpse of the person they killed!

I think it's more likely that it was planted... or could it be that that he wanted to pretend that it was planted?

ohmy.png Too obvious.

I think this story has too many holes and open questions to pass judgement. I sincerely hope for a thorough forensic investigation that should bring to light what really happened, and why. At this time, we can only speculate.

I agree with your 1st statement.

I am very skeptical a thourough forensic investigation will be done and if it is done, the actual results and any evidence that does not 'suit' the local plod will be 'ignored'.

Regarding your last statement, it is also true. However, I am quite frankly disgusted and amazed at some of the comments made by people.

He is being accused of being a nutcase, retarded, psycho etc. Just from how he came across posting on TV.

Seems to me he is not the only nutcase, retard, psycho, complusive liar or whatever, here.

Human remains and a confession are not enough evidence for you?

Let's all wait for the lie detector test on Oprah....

There are some TV members for whom that will never be enough. A confession will obviously mean that he was tortured in their view. Human remains in his house will obviously be planted..

It's a never ending cycle of 'they're out to get us' paranoia.

Its entirely conceivable a confession was beaten out of him. Why on earth would you dispute that as a valid theory.

I'm ofcourse making the presumptionyou live here.

Edited by sbk
flame removed

what got me is the missing person report was filed 2 YEARS ago. and the big tip that cracked the case was check the husband's house? ohmy.png even by thai standards .... that's wow.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Yes. The Chalongstone Cops strike again.

Now if he was traveling through Chalong circle with the wheelie bin on his bike they might have caught him earlier.

**flame removed*x. Its entirely conceivable a confession was beaten out of him. Why on earth would you dispute that as a valid theory.

I'm ofcourse making the presumptionyou live here.

I'm with Bendix on this one, not a valid theory IMO. Maybe it is on Samui though.

And why would living here have something to with this?

Edited by sbk

More speculations about torture deleted. Last public warning. From our forum rules:

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

10 years, because?

she put herself at risk

it was a daytime crime, Thai law separates between daytime and night time crime

he claimed it was an accident

would really like to read this sentence

(katabeachbum's post on the thread titled American Fanelli Sentenced To 10 Years For Phuket Bar Girl Murder)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/509859-american-fanelli-sentenced-to-10-years-for-phuket-bar-girl-murder/page__st__25

Says nothing I know, but stumbled across it. Just weird in the context of today.

• Like 1

“She was Mr Dokset’s girlfriend for nine years. They lived together in his house for six years,” she said.

She lives with this guy for 6 years, gf for 9 years, no murder, no violence. She marries a Thai policeman and she ends up dead.

She was last seen a year before her family reported her as missing, said Pol Col Atip Tannin, superintendent of Crime Suppression Division Subdivision 5, who led the raid on the house.

A whole YEAR? How is that possible? How is it a police husband would not report her missing for a whole year? Unless he is guilty.

• Like 1

A whole YEAR? How is that possible? How is it a police husband would not report her missing for a whole year? Unless he is guilty.

Or unless he did not know she was dead/missing and assumed she was staying with her mother or her new boyfriend just like she told him.

• Like 2

Or unless he did not know she was dead/missing and assumed she was staying with her mother or her new boyfriend just like she told him.

That is a bit of a leap. They have a child together. What would that say for a Thai husband and father that is missing a wife and mother of his child? Nobody reported her missing, not her police husband, not her blood relatives, no contact for a year. The husband is always the first suspect in any murder of a wife and it is the majority of the time the correct choice. And the bank would wait a year to repossess her car? I want that bank. She also has two other sons, 12 and 14 years old, old enough to wonder why they have not heard from her in a month, let alone a year. The problem with police confessions, regardless how they get them, is the guilty goes free and the innocent goes to jail for a crime that somebody else did, same thing with plea bargaining. This is not justice, this is just closing the case, justice be darned.

That is a bit of a leap. They have a child together. What would that say for a Thai husband and father that is missing a wife and mother of his child? Nobody reported her missing, not her police husband, not her blood relatives, no contact for a year. The husband is always the first suspect in any murder of a wife and it is the majority of the time the correct choice. And the bank would wait a year to repossess her car? I want that bank. She also has two other sons, 12 and 14 years old, old enough to wonder why they have not heard from her in a month, let alone a year. The problem with police confessions, regardless how they get them, is the guilty goes free and the innocent goes to jail for a crime that somebody else did, same thing with plea bargaining. This is not justice, this is just closing the case, justice be darned.

You're accusing somebody else of a leap while you're saying the confession is false and the evidence was planted?

• Like 2

Likewise why would anyone wanting to frame someone keep a dead body lying around for the occasion and wait 2 years to plant it for that purpose? Seriously people, open your eyes!! Pretty long range thinking eh? Not exactly a common Thai asset rolleyes.gif .

The body couldn't have been planted straight after the murder? I find it nearly impossible to believe a guy would kill his girlfriend and leave the decomposing corpse in his house for 2 years.

If you find that impossible to believe?? You must lead a veeeery sheltered life..

Check this out then http://www.azfamily....-126147298.html and that was just 3 pages in.. And yet you find it more believable that someone else would retain the body for 2 years just on the off chance they could time it perfectly to frame him? rolleyes.gif To what end??? You also believe the body was planted over 2 years ago in his downstairs bathroom and he never would have known?? Are you serious? A mouse dies in my ceiling and it causes me to wretch until I find and remove the offender and I have a strong stomach, what about you?..That doesn't even consider the flies, they seem to have a way of getting into anywhere when there's a decomposing corpse of any size around and I'm not talking about one or 2 either...

Really mate, you shouldn't get so worked up...

I used the qualifier "nearly" to give me some protection from the likes of you.

Yes, there are extreme cases in the world we can point to, but when investigating it's better to start with the more likely possibilities.

The body would have been well sealed or someone would have complained years earlier. It is possible to seal in the stench of a rotting corpse and keep it away from flies.

Edited by tropo

You're accusing somebody else of a leap while you're saying the confession is false and the evidence was planted?

It is a leap to not know where your wife and mother of your child is for a whole year. Where he got she was with a new boyfriend would also be a leap, since it was not mentioned anywhere. Are you saying you believe all these police confessions are voluntary? That would also be a leap.

http://www.humanrigh...news/AS-71-2005

Edited by poach

Actually, Poach is NOT saying that the confession is false and evidence (evidence?!) was planted, but he keeps those options open, or even suspects that they are the case. And I wouldn't bet on it that the actual culprit is behind bars now. He may be, but it's unlikely we will ever learn the facts.

Exactly, her new policeman husband probably did it, which explains why the police did nothing all this time. But since the family kept pushing the issue, the police husband decided to frame this guy and of course the other policemen are going to back him. This guy confessed under the notorious Thai police torture.

Or, he did it. for some unknown reason, she was at his house a year after their relationship ended. It could have been a tryst, but I think she might have been there to confront him for some reason. Maybe she wanted her gun back. It turned into a pushing match and he threw her down the stairs instead of giving up his beloved Glock. He his the body in a locked bathroom because he was freaked out. Perhaps he was still "carrying the torch" for her and wanted to keep her close, or because he was a sick puppy who liked the "souvenir / trophy". The police didn't look at him closely enough because the relationship had been over for a year, and perhaps his own connections as a volunteer might have steered them elsewhere or led them to believe him on the initial questioning when he said he didn't know anything. The family kept pushing- and recalling all of the people in their daughter's life. The guy she had lived with for 6 years would be a reasonable suspect.

Those of us who have been in Thailand long enough and know what the police can be like wouldn't hesitate to buy your scenario as plausible- but with the sketchy inconsistent information available in this story, there are lots of possibilities. I guess we will all just have to wait and see.

clap2.gifwai.gif

do you think the Thai Police investigators will examine all he 10,000 plus posts? , there must be something in there to suggest what he had done, or accused off? remember he only ' murdered ' her 5 months after joining TV ...

alot of this doesnt make much sense, as there are friends on his facebook having a good time in his house, and as another poster mentioned, was this house for sale? , the whole BIB being involved adds a twist to it .....

and last question, if he did have afight with her, she fell down the stairs, ect ect, why was there a car NOT AT THE house with her blood stains on it after she went missing?

Exactly, her new policeman husband probably did it, which explains why the police did nothing all this time. But since the family kept pushing the issue, the police husband decided to frame this guy and of course the other policemen are going to back him. This guy confessed under the notorious Thai police torture.

JFYI the BiB husband wasn't new either they had already been there and done that and then broken up... Don't know about you? But being a grounded individual myself I move on with my life once I've ended or had a relationship ended and don't obsess over it especially not to the point of murdering the previous mate so I've no clue what the lives of those past mates are once we are no longer an item and couldn't really care less either..

• Like 1

do you think the Thai Police investigators will examine all he 10,000 plus posts? , there must be something in there to suggest what he had done, or accused off? remember he only ' murdered ' her 5 months after joining TV ...

alot of this doesnt make much sense, as there are friends on his facebook having a good time in his house, and as another poster mentioned, was this house for sale? , the whole BIB being involved adds a twist to it .....

and last question, if he did have afight with her, she fell down the stairs, ect ect, why was there a car NOT AT THE house with her blood stains on it after she went missing?

JFYI the BiB husband wasn't new either they had already been there and done that and then broken up... Don't know about you? But being a grounded individual myself I move on with my life once I've ended or had a relationship ended and don't obsess over it especially not to the point of murdering the previous mate so I've no clue what the lives of those past mates are once we are no longer an item and couldn't really care less either..

"...they had already been there and done that and then broken up" This information is based on what?

A complete douchebag

Love this BillR, way not to mince words cheesy.gif

Yes, tell us how you really feel, but then what if he is innocent, then who would be the complete douchebag?

"If" is a hypothetical. You can have that world of "what if this" "what if that". I'll not be there. Plus I believe BillR met the man, you?

Same as the 'what if' in believing the police confession. Ask transam, he knows him and is a viking. Would it not be better to put the real murderer behind bars, instead of an innocent scapegoat?

imo Police confessions should never be evidence. Even in western countries they are suspect. A lot of innocent people go to jail while the guilty go free. Like i mentioned before, even to plea bargain, induces the innocent to go to jail and the guilty to go free. There is no evidence against this guy. They don't even know if the body parts are hers and if they are, that does not mean her police husband did not put them there with her gun and purse. The more you reread the OP the more you believe it is all BS.