Retirement Visa

I'm shortly going back to the UK and am currently on a retirement visa.

My retirement visa expires on May 17th a week or so after my planned return to the Kingdom.

I just want to ask if there would be any problems when checking in for my return flight because they would see that the visa would be expiring in the next few days.

I plan to re apply as soon as I return.

This is my 1st retirement visa and in the past have always returned on a new Non Imm O showing around one year to expiry.

I have a re entry permit already.

Thanks

All the airline is concerned about is that you do have a visa or re-entry permit so airport should not be a problem. If it is ask for higher level decision (I have had to use they ploy in the past when a ticket counter girl did not know what a re-entry permit was about).

It will depend on the airline person at check-in counter. I once have this very same problem flying back from Oz in 2006 on Qantas and they refused to board me. My visa and re-entry were good through April 4th of that year and I was attempting to fly from Oz on April 3. They argued that Thai immigration might refuse me entry with such a short time remaining on my visa and Qantas might be forced to pay for my repatriation to Oz. I finally gave up after talking with supervisors and getting same answer, but they would board me if I had outbound ticket from Bangkok.

I went off and purchase a refundable outbound ticket from Bangkok to Singapore and returned to check-in only to be told I now did not have outbound ticket from Singapore. I finally was able to explain that was not her problem but would be Bangkok's.

It is precisely that entry, visa exempt, that requires onward ticket show. There is no requirement for onward flights if you have a visa. Below is IATA information airline should be using for travel to Thailand (US passport)

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/international_travel_information/visa_passport_information/index.jsp

Visitors who are visa exempt are required to hold documents

for their next destination.

For visa exempt you would need a ticket to Malaysia - it would be up to airline if they would accept a bus or train ticket they could not confirm. But if you have a visa it should not even be asked.

Checking in with Emirates at Manchester last year with a re-entry permit for my Non-O with retirement extension (although there was 10 months validity on it) with a single ticket was no problem.

It is precisely that entry, visa exempt, that requires onward ticket show. There is no requirement for onward flights if you have a visa. Below is IATA information airline should be using for travel to Thailand (US passport)

http://www.delta.com...ation/index.jsp

Visitors who are visa exempt are required to hold documents

for their next destination.

Lopburi3, the above link is a great reference. Thanks for posting it.