Apple Launches New iPad

webfact

Indeed. I think it's worth upgrading just for the new display.

There are some rumblings that LG and Sharp may be having production problems with the new iPad display. Thank goodness for Samsung.

http://www.slashgear.com/new-ipad-stock-shortage-fueled-by-sharp-display-delay-14218259/

And some very nice price targets for AAPL.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/03/14/morgan-stanley-juices-apple-targets-base-720-bull-960/

Don't forget about that dividend!

ok i see the new ipad is now being offered on the singapore apple site - they are quoting a shipping date of 2 - 3 weeks.....

i also know that apple thailand's supply is singapore as i've just ordered a wifi keyboard from apple thai and am tracking it as it leaves singapore as i write.

question is - if i order a new ipad from the singapore site will i get taxed when i receive it in thailand?

anyone know?

**edit - have finally managed to get past the engraving page of the website and it seems they only deliver to singapore.

bugger!

Edited by GooEng

I think with the Retina display and a better cam it's a very decent tablet.

My wife bought an iPad2 4 month ago and she really enjoy it, me even more as she don't call me every two minutes like when she had a netbook. It's easy to use and do it well. Internet, Mail, Facebook, pictures and Skype.

And I'm now quiet while she get confidence in her computer skills. Everybody happy. :)

• Like 1

ok i see the new ipad is now being offered on the singapore apple site - they are quoting a shipping date of 2 - 3 weeks.....

i also know that apple thailand's supply is singapore as i've just ordered a wifi keyboard from apple thai and am tracking it as it leaves singapore as i write.

question is - if i order a new ipad from the singapore site will i get taxed when i receive it in thailand?

anyone know?

**edit - have finally managed to get past the engraving page of the website and it seems they only deliver to singapore.

bugger!

If you buy it from the Singapore site I would guess you'd have to pay taxes to Singapore or Thailand or both, although given it's ASEAN maybe not. Why call and ask them?

If you buy it from the Singapore site I would guess you'd have to pay taxes to Singapore or Thailand or both, although given it's ASEAN maybe not. Why call and ask them?

No apple store online will ship outside the country in which the store is for.

Apple products that are purchased from the THAI apple store online are sometimes fulfilled from Singapore or China warehouses/production factory. Any items purchased from thai apple store online are pre paid by apple VAT and import duties so no need to worry.

Edited by negreanu

mogandave - you are right but you're also missing the point - THIS is the half of the fun before getting the device. the speculation, anticipation and gossip.... so to not indulge would be really missing out on half the fun....

I just checked it out at the Apple store in Hong Kong. It's pandemonium down there.

I have to say, it's a gorgeous piece of machinery. The screen is stunning. I have a macbook air and iphone 4S and have always resisted the urge to get an iPad, but I'm wavering right now.

Base model is HK$3888, roughly the same as the US price.

I just checked it out at the Apple store in Hong Kong. It's pandemonium down there.

I have to say, it's a gorgeous piece of machinery. The screen is stunning. I have a macbook air and iphone 4S and have always resisted the urge to get an iPad, but I'm wavering right now.

Base model is HK$3888, roughly the same as the US price.

Tried to reserve 2 yesterday at HK store. No luck. Trying again today but have my doubts that the email from the store will arrive before 9pm tonight.

the uk site was offering them all, but quoting 2-3 weeks shipping time - much too long! Finally caved and called the apple shop in Aberdeen - they have them all in stock. Bank transfer done! A relative is going to buy one and send it over. Cannot wait!

Edited by GooEng

who has a new ipad or ipad 2 to give me?

I have seen ipad are slightly cheaper than if i order in Europe.

plus i can save 7% vat when leaving thailand.

what do you think guys?, seems to be a good gadget, resale value is high, 50% after 2 years on ebay.

so at the end, the ipad cost you around 10$ per month.

i checked the original Ipad1, still sold 300$ on ebay for the 32gb model.

what 's the dead pixels policy in thailand? what s happen if any problems, some have hot battery or problems of charging.

still dont know if i need to travel with my laptop plus an apple.

and what about playbook?

who has a new ipad or ipad 2 to give me?

I have seen ipad are slightly cheaper than if i order in Europe.

plus i can save 7% vat when leaving thailand.

what do you think guys?, seems to be a good gadget, resale value is high, 50% after 2 years on ebay.

so at the end, the ipad cost you around 10$ per month.

i checked the original Ipad1, still sold 300$ on ebay for the 32gb model.

what 's the dead pixels policy in thailand? what s happen if any problems, some have hot battery or problems of charging.

still dont know if i need to travel with my laptop plus an apple.

and what about playbook?

I saw new iPad 2 for 12,900 at Lotus. Great toy.