Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

GWS has pick 1, then Melb, St Kilda, GWS 4 as it stands at the moment however Melbourne may get pick 2 and 3.

Yes I think Buddy will be at GWS who may have to trade a 1st round draft pick or 2

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aren't GC out of the draft concessions for this years draft? I thought GWS had only 1 more draft of concessions,being this years.

As for Buddy, can seeing him lining up for the Giants next season, even the Hawks are resigned to this fact. I'll prepare some of my (wife's) delicious humble pie in the event I'm wrong :P

Yes I think Buddy will be at GWS who may have to trade a 1st round draft pick or 2

As a free agent, GWS won't need to trade draft picks for his signature. Hawthorn will get some compensation picks, but at what number pick that falls at is anyone's guess - you'd remember that from the Gardner deal last season chooka ;)

As a free agent, GWS won't need to trade draft picks for his signature. Hawthorn will get some compensation picks, but at what number pick that falls at is anyone's guess - you'd remember that from the Gardner deal last season chooka wink.png

At least GWS might win some games with Buddy...Could also see some 100 goal seasons for Buddy. He should come to the Swans, smaller ground, easier goals.

My round 14 tips..(stuck with my Sunday night ones)

Essendon

Sydney

Adelaide

Collingwood

Geelong

Western B

Hawks

North

Richmond

Looks like everyone is a bit different this week.

Essendon need to break a 10 year losing streak against WCE at Paterson.

Adelaide , let's hope they come to play after the bye. Thankfully GC also coming off one

Port, after last weeks game against the easy-beat Swans, Collingwood should run over the top

WB/Melb. Could it be Melbourne's break out game? (I hope not)

Brisbane will be confident after defeating Geelong last week

Freo v Geelong. Fremantle look genuine but the cats have some pride to salvage

BookMan,

I'd have taken Buddy had we not got Tippett last year.

Once Reid is fit, we're going to see some great things! A la Buddy and Roughead.. Brown and that other player who was a left footer and came to the Swans for less than a season and retired due to constant injury but I can't think of his name right now... Daniel Bradshaw... That's him hahaha...

Unless Jesse White can pull his finger out and kick some big bags to keep his spot, I've always liked the kid but he just looked like he was stuck under a glass ceiling... Heath Grundy's another player that I had high hopes for up forward, thankfully he found his place in the backline...

• Like 1

BookMan,

Once Reid is fit, we're going to see some great things! A la Buddy and Roughead.. Brown and that other player who was a left footer and came to the Swans for less than a season and retired due to constant injury but I can't think of his name right now... Daniel Bradshaw... That's him hahaha...

Unless Jesse White can pull his finger out and kick some big bags to keep his spot, I've always liked the kid but he just looked like he was stuck under a glass ceiling... Heath Grundy's another player that I had high hopes for up forward, thankfully he found his place in the backline...

Maybe Reid will be better now he's going to be the second banana after Tippett.

So far I thinks he's been carried by a very good side so it's time he sticks his hand up.

• Like 1

BookMan,

Maybe Reid will be better now he's going to be the second banana after Tippett.

So far I thinks he's been carried by a very good side so it's time he sticks his hand up.

I agree. I have lamented Reid and his playing a few times now and would love to see him come good. There is no doubt he can take a mark and tippet should relieve the pressure for him.

Are Reid and jetta playing this week?

BookMan,

Jesse was nearly traded last year for tippet before it all went sour. He played a good game against Adelaide 3 weeks back and would be good to see him consistent. Both freo and Sydney have a lot of key injured players but are still near the top of the ladder

Indeed fair play to White for sticking it out having not been traded - imagine if that happened here, a massive loss of face haha :P

As for Reid and Jetta, I think they're both out for another week or two...

Hopefully Goodesy's injury is only a one match thing as well!

Indeed fair play to White for sticking it out having not been traded - imagine if that happened here, a massive loss of face haha tongue.png

As for Reid and Jetta, I think they're both out for another week or two...

Hopefully Goodesy's injury is only a one match thing as well!

Yeah both out, just checked

BookMan,

What do you think about GWS's influence/affect on the Sydney Swans?

Do you think GWS will get support and be adopted as a local team?

What do you think about GWS's influence/affect on the Sydney Swans?

Do you think GWS will get support and be adopted as a local team?

We haven't seen what GWS is really capable of yet in terms of being a threat on the bloods. I'm hoping by 2015 we'll start to see something, they, like GC have a cracking young list.

GWS have a massive uphill climb to do what Sydney did in terms of support from the locale. It's a tough area Western Sydney and with NRL the preferred and the new A League outfit (The Wanderers - who won the title in their first season) taking a good chunk of the people's spare change there's not much left for AFL.

I don't believe it will fail, they do just need momentum, or another NRL farce like Super League to attract more attention. It will happen, just not in this decade. The AFL has the patience and the purse to stay the course ;)

Good win to the Swans.Very wet. Worst decision of the year by the umpire for Carltons first goal.

Exciting game to watch. Carlton had their chances and looked like they could win. I thought they were going to get there. Credit to the Swans for the relentless pressure though Carlton's pressure was no different. Tippet had a good game.

That umpiring decision was awful. If they are calling that they can start calling another 10 a game.

Good win to the Swans.Very wet. Worst decision of the year by the umpire for Carltons first goal.

Exciting game to watch. Carlton had their chances and looked like they could win. I thought they were going to get there. Credit to the Swans for the relentless pressure though Carlton's pressure was no different. Tippet had a good game.

That umpiring decision was awful. If they are calling that they can start calling another 10 a game.

That call was the first for the year in all games. That umpire should not be allowed to umpire in another AFL game. I think the whole village now know some choice Aussie words.

That call was the first for the year in all games. That umpire should not be allowed to umpire in another AFL game. I think the whole village now know some choice Aussie words.

tongue.png

It took everyone by surprise

Horse's face said it all...

Malthouse claims to have not seen, I just got off the phone with Blind Freddy and even he couldn't believe what he saw!

My old man's a blue bagger from way back, even he sent me a message saying it was BS, but still asked me to stop giving him grief as he was copping his fair share of it at his local back in Adelaide hahaha...

Looks like we might be sitting in 5th for another week on percentages...

Tippett starting to gain touch, made a few errors I wasn't expecting but I have to remember that after only 2 games he's still easing back hahaha...

I was stuck in traffic having to pick the nephew up from school this afternoon, fortunately the 3G connection held firm in the testing conditions ;)