Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Some interesting games next week.

Highlight of the round has to be Geelong v Hawthorn (i tip Geelong)

also have

Carlton v Collingwood

Kangaroos v Richmond

Adel v WCE

Essendon v Port

If Port beat Essendon that will be Sydney, Freo and Essendon they have beaten in consecutive weeks

freo or Collingwood?

tongue.png

What am i talking about? Freo on my mind....

• Like 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will27

I don't disagree that they've certainly "clicked" somewhere and have improved from the last couple of seasons, though I do suggest that Mark Williams was still the right man for the job.

I also suspect that a changing of the board has helped the club as well, Koche might be a TV celeb but he's damn passionate about the Power, I was in a corporate box next to him at the SCG a few years ago, funnily enough Melissa Doyle (a huge swans fan as well, was in the same corporate box as I was). He stayed right until the end, at the end, stood up, leant over, shook my hand and commented that the boys (Swans) quite outclassed the Power.

Power fans are much like Collingwood - incidentally in the SANFL - they are known as the Magpies, so no further explanation's required ;)

I'll throw my tips in this week (if that's ok by you fine gentlemen)

Carlton v Collingwood - I'd like to think Carlton will be able to learn some things about their loss to the Swans, but I also think Collingwood will have learned from their loss to the Power. I'll take Carlton in a close one.

GWS v Western Bulldogs - This match could go either way. If GWS turn up to play then they will be competitive. Western Bulldogs, who are they again? Oh that's right the "former" Australian PM's team hahaha :P I'll take GWS in the upset of the round.

North Melbourne v Richmond - The tige's have finally found they roar and are only 2 points plus percentage outside the Top 4 with a real chance of pushing for that coveted Top 4 spot come September. North have been disappointing all year and probably will be without Lindsay Thomas this week - if that footage is anything to go by - but the MRP is unpredictable (at best) so I guess it will come down to which side of the bed they woke up on this morning. Richmond should do it comfortably.

Brisbane v Gold Coast - One of the newer "rivalries" of the AFL, the Queensland derby. Not sure what the win/loss count is for these 2 sides but it's an entertaining match (I've seen 2 of these when I was living in QLD). I'll take Gold Coast.

Geelong v Hawthorn - The match of the round for most! Not much to say about this one, but I'm tipping Geelong. I think Hawthorn are due for a loss and the Cats appear to be the team to give it them - provided they turn up for 4 quarters!

Adelaide v West Coast - Normally this would be an easy tip, going the way of the Eagles. But this year the Eagles have been well off anything resembling "form". The Crows have probably been equally guilty of this, and given that they made the Top 4 last year probably makes it worse. The Crows bounced back against the Suns last week after the bye, so hopefully they can continue. Crows for me in a see-saw'ing match.

Melbourne v Sydney - The Demons have been a thorn in the Swans for a few years despite the rest of their seasons resembling anything but. They had a confidence boosting win against the Doggies last week but from that match it seems they almost lost at the death. The Swans with the extra 2 days rest, should be well rested for this match and provided they at worst turn up for the 4th quarter, should be able to excorcise the Demons. Swans laying the foundations for a big premiership defence.

Fremantle v St. Kilda - I certainly hope the Saints turn up for this match, as I would like to see them competitive and given that Ross Lyon is their previous head coach hopefully this will still provide them with determination. That Ross Lyon is also a former assistant at Sydney also makes me want the Saints to win even more and hopefully convincingly. However, tip with the head and not the heart. The Dockers should do this one quite easily :(

Essendon v Port Adelaide - Lance Armstrong vs Cadel Evans... Oh wait, wrong sport, Les Tour is on another channel :P I think Port will be competitive in this match and if the match was being played in Adelaide, I'd have taken Port. Essendon - peptides or not - will be able to get over the Power in this one.

Thats a bummer...

Lucky we have a couple of easy games coming up.

Id like to see Reid return for the Melbourne game

Don't fret ripstanley similar thing happened last year with Goodesy, and we all remember how that turned out for the team ;)

Don't fret ripstanley similar thing happened last year with Goodesy, and we all remember how that turned out for the team wink.png

Swans have a lot of key players injured...I would have expected Shaw, LRT and Jetta to all be back by now

Don't fret ripstanley similar thing happened last year with Goodesy, and we all remember how that turned out for the team wink.png

Swans have a lot of key players injured...I would have expected Shaw, LRT and Jetta to all be back by now

Shaw and LRT are not on the radar for a return. Jetta has his returned pushed back. Reid and Mumford may return this week. Rohan is now in his second week of full team training.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-07-02/injury-update-trio-of-tests.workstation

• Like 1

Shaw's injury is a strange one, they just can't seem to pin point what it is, it sounded like an abdominal tear that wouldn't heal.

Jetta can take at least another week off as can all those close to or pushing for selection. They're not required this weekend at the very least.

• Like 1

Bad news for chooka. Good news for Ron.

Freo looks like they have the two biggies returning this week...and another 3 players coming back.

They might be able to get over the top of the Saints

Bad news for chooka. Good news for Ron.

Freo looks like they have the two biggies returning this week...and another 3 players coming back.

They might be able to get over the top of the Saints

The Dockers will flog the saints. Nick Riewoldt is out also

• Like 1

My tips for round 14. 15

Carlton

Western B

Richmond

Brisbane

Geelong

WCE

SYDney

Freo

Essendon

I wish I had your confidence for West Coast mate. We can't even win at home

let alone away.

Also just noticed that Kerr is out. Him, plus Shuey and Selwood being out has decimated

our midfield.

Here's hoping anyway.

My tips for round 14. 15

Carlton

Western B

Richmond

Brisbane

Geelong

WCE

SYDney

Freo

Essendon

let alone away.

Also just noticed that Kerr is out. Him, plus Shuey and Selwood being out has decimated

our midfield.

Here's hoping anyway.

I found this a difficult game to pick. It came down to how I viewed their games last week. WCE played well against Essendon last week and were unlucky to lose. Adelaide played just okay against GC, hardly inspiring stuff from them.

Look forward to you joining the picking comp next year Will27

let alone away.

our midfield.

Here's hoping anyway.

I was just browsing the injury lists...(maybe i should have before tipping? laugh.png ). Would I have picked WCE if i had seen the players out?

Better not to tell Ron19...he might pick Adelaide smile.png

• Like 1

My tips for round 15

Collingwood

Bulldogs

Richmond

Brisbane

Geelong

Adelaide

Sydney

Fremantle

Port

9 out of 9 this week Foz
Lets see Rip. I have some catching up to do :-)

If Foz gets 9 here , does that mean you will get 9 also Rip? smile.png

• Like 1

Fresh drug link in Bombers scandal
Mat Mackay, WWOS & AAP
07:30 AEST Fri Jul 5 2013

Speculation is mounting that Essendon players were given a performance-enhancing drug after the emergence of an invoice showing the club was billed for a ‘Thymosin peptide’.

Thymosin beta 4 is a substance that has been banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency since at least 2011. It is considered far more serious than the anti-obesity drug AOD9604, that Essendon skipper Jobe Watson believes he used.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8685194

Mat Mackay, WWOS & AAP

Speculation is mounting that Essendon players were given a performance-enhancing drug after the emergence of an invoice showing the club was billed for a ‘Thymosin peptide’.

Thymosin beta 4 is a substance that has been banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency since at least 2011. It is considered far more serious than the anti-obesity drug AOD9604, that Essendon skipper Jobe Watson believes he used.

It is looking very bad for Essendon and its players. If the evidence holds up it seems that the AFL will have to impose long bans on all the players that took the supplements. Jobe's Brownlow would surely have to be stripped?

The AFL has banned young players for substantial times for Steroid use so they have precedent.

They have to do something before the finals, that is is for sure and before this years brownlow

Mat Mackay, WWOS & AAP

It is looking very bad for Essendon and its players. If the evidence holds up it seems that the AFL will have to impose long bans on all the players that took the supplements. Jobe's Brownlow would surely have to be stripped?

The AFL has banned young players for substantial times for Steroid use so they have precedent.

They have to do something before the finals, that is is for sure and before this years brownlow

Definitely has to be sorted before finals time and penalties if any issued. It is not fair on Essendon supporters or the football public. It won't effect the Saints in anyway but may effect the make up of the eight and who plays who in the finals.

They certainly have precedent for it, amongst the Essendon news was also a mention about a young kid who for whatever reason consumed some diet drink that contained a banned substance, claimed he didn't know what it was and the person giving it to him said it was kosher... Copped 2 years for it...

ASADA need to pull the trigger and put their cards on the table if they want to continue to maintain credibility, and the computer comedians can get on with creating the hilarious memes that will eventuate :P

BookMan Thanks for the edit ;)

CLB,

I think Australia Network carries the bulk of games.

As I'm rarely at home when the games are played, I generally stream from the AFL website onto my iPad having somehow scored a free pass the first time I did it but couldn't find it last weekend. If I'm out and about I'll stream via the radio option on the iPhone app.