Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watch this space for the media report on Monday.

Chocco Williams was asking for 5 yr contract at 700K per year, saints couldn't do it.

Reports are Richardson has a 3 yr contract at 450K per yr

Then you have Robert Harvey who loves the club with a passion and would do it for a meat pie and a can of coke at half time.

Edited by chooka

Looks like you won't have to wait that long chooka if this report is to be believed...

http://afl.com.au/news/2013-11-13/richardson-set-for-saints

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It will happen.

When I said that watters was about to be sacked 2 or 3 days prior to the event some well Alex RRR said it won't happen and my man on the inside (nephew) didn't know <deleted>. Now this ummm I take him as a reliable source.

They can't make the official media release until he has gone back to Adelaide and formerly resigned from Port. (protocol)

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Saints snare Alan Richardson

By Caroline Wilson

The Age - Nov 13 8.12pm

Alan Richardson will be installed as St Kilda's new coach on Thursday after the Saints lured the Port Adelaide assistant to Melbourne on Wednesday following two weeks of private negotiations with his manager Gerard Sholly....Continue Reading

Essendon in the <deleted> again with two players refusing to pay for a meal and walking out of a restaurant in Sth Melbourne.

Why did they refuse to pay?

Their excuse was, "It was a joke."

Just found the story......

Essendon player in restaurant scam

Posted by: 3AW News | 13 November, 2013 - 10:07 AM

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-breakfast-blog/essendon-player-in-restaurant-scam/20131113-2xf6t.html

Wonder who it was?

Belchambers and Hooker

• Like 1

Furious Koch claims Richardson won't be going anywhere

Ashley Browne November 14, 2013 8:07 AM

PORT ADELAIDE president David Koch has threatened to block St Kilda's attempts to appoint Alan Richardson as coach.

Richardson, currently Port's director of coaching, was interviewed by the Saints on Wednesday night and is now the clear favourite to win the job.

But St Kilda might need to negotiate the outcome with the Power before making the announcement.

"He's on contract to us til the end of 2015 and that’s the way it stays and to leave it so late is terribly disruptive," Koch said on his Sunrise TV program on Thursday morning.

"If St Kilda want that to change they're going to have to talk to us as a club because we're going to stick with it. We're not going to release him."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-14/saints-under-the-koch

Edited by chooka

PORT ADELAIDE president David Koch has threatened to block St Kilda's attempts to appoint Alan Richardson as coach.

Richardson, currently Port's director of coaching, was interviewed by the Saints on Wednesday night and is now the clear favourite to win the job.

But St Kilda might need to negotiate the outcome with the Power before making the announcement.

"He's on contract to us til the end of 2015 and that’s the way it stays and to leave it so late is terribly disruptive," Koch said on his Sunrise TV program on Thursday morning.

"If St Kilda want that to change they're going to have to talk to us as a club because we're going to stick with it. We're not going to release him."

oho!

That's the way Kochy...bolt your man on! Certainly he will be happy and productive if he is made to see out his contract laugh.png

• Like 2

oho!

That's the way Kochy...bolt your man on! Certainly he will be happy and productive if he is made to see out his contract laugh.png

I can see Kochies point, pre season training has commenced and it would be a disruption to Port. Richardson is not an assistant coach simply getting a promotion to head coach but he is the director of coaching and would be heavily involved in building the team and sifting through draft prospects given the draft is next Thursday. If Port clear him then they themselves would only have a week to advertise for and select a new director before the draft.

The saints also need him at the club now with the draft in 6 days. I would hate to see this go before the courts which is not going to benefit either Port or the Saints. No team is going to let coaching staff go at this time of the year.

The saints should have sacked Watters a month earlier.

promotion to head coach but he is the director of coaching and would be heavily involved in building the team and sifting through draft prospects given the draft is next Thursday. If Port clear him then they themselves would only have a week to advertise for and select a new director before the draft.

The saints also need him at the club now with the draft in 6 days. I would hate to see this go before the courts which is not going to benefit either Port or the Saints. No team is going to let coaching staff go at this time of the year.

yeah that's a fair point chooka.

If he wants to go and he presumably has a clause in his contract (?) i think Port would just have to suck it up...not ideal for them but that is football

• Like 1

promotion to head coach but he is the director of coaching and would be heavily involved in building the team and sifting through draft prospects given the draft is next Thursday. If Port clear him then they themselves would only have a week to advertise for and select a new director before the draft.

yeah that's a fair point chooka.

If he wants to go and he presumably has a clause in his contract (?) i think Port would just have to suck it up...not ideal for them but that is football

All the media has gathered at Seaford and are expecting an official announcement at any time.

Watch this space for the media report on Monday.

Chocco Williams was asking for 5 yr contract at 700K per year, saints couldn't do it.

Reports are Richardson has a 3 yr contract at 450K per yr

Then you have Robert Harvey who loves the club with a passion and would do it for a meat pie and a can of coke at half time.

Sounds to me like chocco didn't really want to do the job, asking for those terms.

I reckon the only coaches at the moment who could ask and probably get 5 years would be, Clarkson, Lyon

and Roo's.

Chooka, sounds like Harvey reckons he wasn't quite ready.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-13/head-over-heart-for-harvey

• Like 1

Hahaha Kochie... Channel 7's equivalent of Eddie McGuire... Well, except for the fact that Kochie's a good bloke... Eddie's just a f**king c*ck knocker...

Don't really know what they - Port - can do to stop Richardson should he decide to quit... Be interesting to see how it plays out though...

• Like 1

Hahaha Kochie... Channel 7's equivalent of Eddie McGuire... Well, except for the fact that Kochie's a good bloke... Eddie's just a f**king c*ck knocker...

Don't really know what they - Port - can do to stop Richardson should he decide to quit... Be interesting to see how it plays out though...

Saints Press Conference set for 5 p.m AEDST today. Saints expected to formerly announce Richardson as new head coach.

Port Adelaide have made a press release stating that Richardson will no longer be continuing in his role at the club and they wish him all the best in his new role.

The saints will split the costs with port in their pursuit of a new director of coaching.

Edited by chooka

the last few days regarding the St Kilda coach

- Williams a near certainty to take over coaching

next day

- Richardson might be interested in job

next day

- Richardson states he is 100% categorically not interested in ST Kilda role

next day

- Richardson interviews for St Kilda job

-same day

- Richardson says he might be interested n St Kilda job

next day

- Kochie states that no way will Richardson be released from contract until 2015.

same day

- ST Kilda announce Richardson will be St Kilda coach.

same day

- Kochie announces he is not happy

• Like 1

He had the job before he even attended the interview. Thanks to my inside man...

chooka, you saying your "inside man" was directly responsible for Richardson's appointment? tongue.png IF so, I think he's more than you let on tongue.png

Na not saying that. Richardson had the job on Tuesday all he had to do was fly over, go through the mock interview and sign the contracts that were waiting for him Wednesday.

• Like 1

Watch LIVE the 2013 NAB AFL Draft

Join us for FREE LIVE coverage of the 2013 NAB AFL Draft from the Gold Coast Convention Centre on Thursday 21st November - from 7pm (AEST) (8am UTC)

What do you think your Club will pick? Midfielder, Forward, Defender or Ruck?

And who will be the coveted No. 1 Draft pick for 2013?

If you're outside of Australia - join us LIVE on http://afltv.afl.com.au to see AFL's future stars

• Like 1

Just won a full package with AFL T.V for season 2014. Every game live. YEAAAAH I am set for next year. in Thailand.....

Nice one. How'd u win that ?

*sent from the zombie apocalypse survivors camp payphone

Part of a promotion, sign up and subscribe and 10 international subscribers had the chance to win their subscription for free.

• Like 1

Saad banned for 18 months

Nathan Schmook, Matt Thompson, Jennifer Phelan with AAP November 26, 2013 9:18 PM

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-26/saad-learns-his-fate

The AFL have come down harder on Ahmed SAAD for consuming a sports drink than they did on Essendon for cheating. 18 months for no intent, James Hird 12 months for full intent and tried to lie his way out of it.

Nathan Schmook, Matt Thompson, Jennifer Phelan with AAP November 26, 2013 9:18 PM

The AFL have come down harder on Ahmed SAAD for consuming a sports drink than they did on Essendon for cheating. 18 months for no intent, James Hird 12 months for full intent and tried to lie his way out of it.

Seems very out of kilter.

I seem to remember Jobe Watson admitting to taking performance enhancing injections?

• Like 1

Seems very out of kilter.

I seem to remember Jobe Watson admitting to taking performance enhancing injections?

I guess it depends on who you are, a Brownlow medallist or a newby just starting out.