Camping Spots In Thailand

penzman

Hi all, :o

Pen and I have decided to travel around Thailand for the Christmas/New year holidays. We'd like to do some camping with our own gear but have no idea where to go apart from Kao Yai national park.

Do any of you have any suggestions for good camping spots?

Ang Thong National Park (on the way to Samui ish from Surat) is supposed to be exquisite. This is the spot where the actual beach, in The Beach, was filmed. There are numerous islands here and some cracking walks and viewpoints. You may have to go from Samui?

All the national parks have camp grounds. Nam Nao national Park in the north of Petchabun province is my favourite. Waterfalls, caves, undisturbed jungle, walking, hills, wildlife etc. Take some cold weather gear though, as it feels pretty cold at night. Unless you go on a bank holiday weekend, most of the campsisites are pretty quiet (except Khao yai).

Hi Penz,

Check out Sun's fishing and Island tours for camping on deserted islands around the southern islands of Krabi & Trang via a Longtail Boat

Believe me, you will be the only campers out there. Perhaps you can set up a drop off pick-up with Khun Sun since you have your own gear. Have fun!

here

post-7678-1135309654_thumb.jpg

Edited by hellohello

Hi Penzman

You can stay in my front garden if you wish.

There is about 15 rai and I am 5 km from Mae Wong national park, close to Klong Lan and Klong Nam Lai waterfalls, and Klong Lan national park.

We live about 60 km south west of Khampaeng Phet and about 125 km north west of Nakhon Sawan.

It is quiet with not a lot to do and it gets down to around 14 at night.

The only drawback is that about 20 of my wifes family will be here for the cold and celebrating the new year.

Cheers

Billd

I agree with Lawnmower, some fantastic places in Phetchabun, Kho Kor

(sorry for the spelling) is another place in Phetchabun which is one of my favourite places to go, plus When I am in Thailand I live next door, right in the mountains, and will be moving thier permanently next year

wasn't the beach in The Beach filmed on Phi Phi Ley?

I know the film was set around that area, but i thought it was filmed on Phi Phi.

It was filmed in various places in Muang Thai, including Phi Phi, but the actual BEACH was filmed in Ang Thong. There was a bit of furore over the film company planting palm trees on the beach to make it look more idyllic and the gov' made them take them all out after the film was finished.

Koh Tarutoa (spelling) is also supposed to be outstanding. Boats go from Satun in the south.