Honda Parts

Shot

My I-click got ran over by a bus, and drug about 30 meters. It’s been at Honda for a month now. They have fixed everything except the chassis which they say is on order. I hadn’t really given it much thought until I saw the service guy about 730 in the morning buying fried chicken, and riding my bike. He said he was “warming it up”. The original chassis was still on the bike.

So, what do you think?

1. Everything he said was true, and he would never lie to a customer.

2. Almost everything he said was true.

3. He has the chassis, but is smart enough not to fit it on the bike just in case I see him “warming it up” at 730 in the morning while buying fried chicken, and he is plotting to continue lying to me so he can ride my bike for the next few months.

4. None of this really matters because my wife tells me I have to sell it, after the repairs are done, because it is cursed.

5. I should not be buying fried chicken at 730 in the morning.

1.) Why were you getting chicken at 7:30 a.m. ?

2.) Your wife is right the bike is cursed, and after a big accient like that is it ever really 100% again, sell it !

Honda has a very very good part distrabution center, I doubt it would ever take longer than a few days to get the parts, week at most from my extensive experiance.

I am wondering how you can fix everything when the chassis needs repairing?

The bike is built around the chassis so this is the first thing that should be fixed.

Or am I missing something?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Most of the damage was cosmetic, lights, turn signals, paint, etc with some minor damage to the chassis, which the insurance agent insisted be replaced. The cosmetic stuff is pretty much snap on parts, as far as I can tell, but then again, I am no expert.

Bike run over by a bus and you let it be repaired

I think the insurance company is in charge of what to do.

Correct. The bikes value is about 40000 Baht, they can fix it for 6000. I don't have a choice in the matter.

Still, option # 4 may be attractive.

A. Happy wife, especially if you make the point that you're listening to her wisdom.

B. I know it means baht, but the new Click 125i with eSP is fast and v. efficient - just dynamite.

C. Your knowing that the bike drew fire might put a doubt in the back of your mind, unknown to you.

Anyway, glad that the bus didn't get you!

Just one opinion........

Take your wife into the shop. Make sure she knows that she is to take your side on the issue, maybe promise a little sweetener afterwards. And promise to sell the bike afterwards. (I have been through a very similar situation where one of the mechanics was enjoying my modified little bike).

If the shop is nearby, look in and when your bike is not there, go see the manager.

Come up with the most incredibly unbelievable ideas, you know, just like the mechanic.

Tell the manager that the bike must have been stolen, as it is not there, and that you expect payment.

He will tell you that it is not stolen, but that it is being tested.

Tell him that as the only item being waited on is the frame, if the new frame is not on the bike, and it is being used, then you expect rental money for it.

He will snicker.

Have your wife let him know you are not kidding.

Then, take your bike and tell the manager to get the repair payment from the insurance company.

He needs to watch over his employees better.

I went to pick up my bike. It had an oil change. That is all.

I walked to 7 -11 and returned.

The bike was gone 40 minutes.

The mechanic took it for a joy ride and to another shop to pick up parts for other bikes.

He did not know I would be right back.

At first the owner said the bike was being tested. I told her that an oil change needs no testing.

I gave it a few more minutes and then started to make sure she was as uncomfortable with my complaining as possible.

She called the mechanic again and again. No answer!

I continued, in a controlled manner, not ranting and raging, but not shutting up either.

She called again.

When he returned, she let him know in no uncertain circumstances, that he was not to take the customer's bike for joy rides.

I had already paid for the work, so I could not take the bike without paying.

Best of luck to you.

But certainly take your bike, as if this mechanic crashes your bike, everyone will be shrugging their shoulders.

• Like 1

The fried chicken is just a ploy to distract you from the truth. It's all a scam. He has taken your new frame home to fit to his accident damaged bike that he will later offer to you as a replacement for you current bike as he will explain most sincerely that your never going to be happy on that old troublesome devil, but you will be very happy on his low mieage one owner never crashed pristine bike.

He has a deal for you.

Thank you for the replies. I think #4 is also the best option. Keeps the wife happy, and I get a new bike out of it, although it will be a little extra Baht. The new 125 looks nice.

As far as the fried chicken is concerned. I love fried chicken and sticky rice for breakfast, although my waist line does not. There is a Muslim guy who sets his cart up around 630 and is serving the best fried chicken you have ever had by 7 am. Someone asked which Honda dealer, but I don’t want to name and shame. I can only say it’s in Phuket.

If you want the best fried chicken ever. He sets up in front of the 7-11 on the main road in KAMALA just down the street from HONDA.