Bee Gees' Robin Gibb In Coma

webfact

Bee Gees' Robin Gibb in coma

527px-RobinGibb.jpg

Robin Gibb 2008. File photo, source: wikimedia

LONDON: -- Bee Gees pop star Robin Gibb is in a coma in a London hospital, amid fears he has only days to live, according to reports on Saturday.

The UK's Sun newspaper says his family are keeping a bedside vigil for the 62-year-old star, who has been battling colon and liver cancer and now has pneumonia.

It is reported that family and fans of the Bee Gees were on Friday night praying for the star's survival.

On Thursday Gibb's son said the singer would not be able to attend the premiere of their debut classical work, The Titanic Requiem.

Robin-John (RJ) Gibb, who worked on The Titanic Requiem with his father, said his family were hoping for "a speedy recovery".

"He is still in hospital, he's fighting infection and of course - as a lot of people who have family members or friends who endure cancer, they know - there are a lot of periphery problems afterwards they have to deal with," he told BBC Breakfast.

Ongoing health problems forced Gibb to miss the premiere of the Titanic work - to mark the centenary of the ship's ill-fated voyage - at London's Westminster City Hall.

Full story: http://news.smh.com....0414-1wztk.html

-- The Sydney Morning Heral 2012-04-14

footer_n.gif

Robin Gibb, 62, in a coma as doctors fear he only has days to live

By ALANAH ERIKSEN

LONDON: -- Robin Gibb is lying in a coma as doctors fear he only has days to live, it has been reported.

The Bee Gees star's family were keeping a bedside vigil, praying for the 62-year-old's survival.

He appeared to have made a recovery from liver and colon cancer this year, but doctors believe a second tumor may be present, reported The Sun.

He has also developed pneumonia.

His wife Dwina, brother Barry, 65, daughter Melissa, 37, and sons Spencer, 39, and Robin-John, 29, were at his bedside at a private hospital in Chelsea, West London.

A family friend told the newspaper: 'Our prayers are with Robin. he has kept so positive and always be;ieved he could beat this. Sadly, it looks like he has developed pneumonia, which is very bad in his situation.

'If there is anyone you would put money on pulling through such a dire situation, it would be Robin because he is a fighter. But this is a battle he will struggle to win.'

Full story: http://www.dailymail...-days-live.html

-- Mail Online 2012-04-14

footer_n.gif

Very sad indeed, I wish him the very best of luck. When they were just starting out, they sometimes played at the pub across the street from a shop in Sandgate Qld (near Redcliffe), owned by my ex-wifes grandmum, and she told us they used to pop in to buy a few nibbles during the breaks...they were just kids in those far-off days. Look at what they have achieved!

I feel for the surviving brother, Barry. (No offense intended to Lesley, the sister.) I am hoping they can get him a few more months if not years. As long as he's alive, there is hope. He did it before and might still have some luck. Robin beat death when he survived the train cash in the 60's that killed 49 others. Not much solace in that I know, especially in a family where the boys have died young, but hope is hope.

Not to take away from this very sad event but its times like these that we need to realise that all the money in the world will not make you happy. This guys got millions and I dont expect him to be here by weeks end.

Embrace what you have, no matter how miniscule and enjoy life.

you never know when the big mans goona come get ya.

Be careful out there.

• Like 1

For years I parked my commercial truck on the little street in front of the Bee Gees recording studio on Miami Beach. I can still vividly remember Robin standing out in their parking lot during a work break stretching his arms and looking at the stars with kind of a relaxed happy look on his face. Seemed like a cool guy. My best thoughts are with him and his family.

Having just lost my Thai brother in law last week to cancer- when they get to this stage its a blessing that they don't have to suffer any more.My brother in law was diagnosed just 23 days before he died!If he has pneumonia as well as in a coma his quality of life will be zero.

I too loved and still do Bee Gees music.They had a bad trot many years ago losing family members but their music still lives on.

As mnetioned -all the money in the world doesn't help when your health goes(generally)

Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb in coma, suffering pneumonia

London - Singer and songwriter Bee Gees, best known as one of the voices of 70s-era band the Bee Gees, has pneumonia and is in a coma, reported his website Sunday.

"Sadly the reports are true that Robin has contracted pneumonia and is in a coma. We are all hoping and praying that he will pull through," read a note on his website, which was otherwise shut down.

Gibb’s son, Robin-John, reported on April 10 that the singer had been hospitalized. Concerns about the health of Gibb, 62, have been growing ever since he was diagnosed with cancer in 2010. He has undergone numerous medical procedures since then.

In a January appearance on British TV he seemed to have lost significant weight. At his last public appearance, in February in London, he said not only that he was recovering, but that his doctors were surprised by how well he was doing

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-04-15

Real shame.. I'm a heavy metal music person in preference, but Bee gees always around. New York mining disaster one of my faves.

Good luck RG.

May I ask who edited my original post please? PM me or put on this thread. Also realize that I hope Robin pulls through and has a few more years with his family.

Thoughts go out to the family. As a 27 year old fella I had The Beegees music drilled into my brain by my folks. Never did me any harm and still love there music now.

Find some strength Robin

Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb wakes from coma

Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb has woken from a coma after more than a week and begun to show signs of recovery.

Spokesman Doug Wright said he was able to nod and communicate with his family who have held a constant vigil at his beside in a central London hospital

The 62-year-old fell into a coma after contracting pneumonia in his battle against colon and liver cancer.

Gibb's wife Dwina has revealed he cried when she played him Roy Orbison's 1962 song Crying.

Fellow Bee Gees star Barry Gibb had also been singing to his brother to try to rouse him

Full Story: http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-17798956

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 2012-04-22

• 4 weeks later...

Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb dies aged 62 after long battle with cancer

By SARAH FITZMAURICE and SARA NATHAN

527px-RobinGibb.jpg

Robin Gibb 2008. File photo, source: wikimedia

Robin Gibb has died aged 62

LONDON: -- The musician died after undergoing intestinal surgery and due to his long battle with cancer.

Full story: