Fishfingers

Kananga

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gawd, when are you guys going to learn to cook for yourselves and unpin mummy's apron strings?

I was planning on cooking them myself. Why on earth would you think my Mother would be cooking them for me?

Did they suddenly install the internet in mental institutions or something?

To everyone else with their suggestions, thank you.

PS I have found the heinz baked beans already http://www.thaivisa....35-baked-beans/

and yes I do heat them up myself as well...

Edited by Kananga
  • Like 1

Gawd, when are you guys going to learn to cook for yourselves and unpin mummy's apron strings?

I was planning on cooking them myself. Why on earth would you think my Mother would be cooking them for me?

PS I have found the heinz baked beans already http://www.thaivisa....35-baked-beans/

I last ate fish fingers when I was around ten years old. Get a grip man!

Carefour / Big C has their own brand in their Rama 4 Branch and i persume other branches altho this store does seems to have a few more "farung" type items. I did not like them at all and i am only giving this information because some people may have adapted to that strong Thai style Catfish and flour favour (even tho they may have been imported from France). Horrible things they were .

Why not make your own, With some experimentation and imagination i am sure you could come up with a reasonable type of fish finger .

I last ate fish fingers when I was around ten years old. Get a grip man!

Get a grip on what? Its not my fault you have decided to live by some some bizarre unwritten code restricting yourself from certain food when you reach a specific age and repeatedly post on an internet forum about it. Perhaps it is you that needs to 'get a grip'. Its very odd behaviour. Is your life really that dull?

Edited by Kananga

Carefour / Big C has their own brand in their Rama 4 Branch and i persume other branches altho this store does seems to have a few more "farung" type items. I did not like them at all and i am only giving this information because some people may have adapted to that strong Thai style Catfish and flour favour (even tho they may have been imported from France). Horrible things they were .

Why not make your own, With some experimentation and imagination i am sure you could come up with a reasonable type of fish finger .

I have been slicing fillets of 'DORY'.dipped in flour and then batter....very nice.

2 Large 'DORY' fillets at arround 110 baht gives me about 16 large 'fingers'...much cheaper then the imported ones

• Like 2

I have been slicing fillets of 'DORY'.dipped in flour and then batter....very nice.

2 Large 'DORY' fillets at arround 110 baht gives me about 16 large 'fingers'...much cheaper then the imported ones

Thats a good idea and I may do that as a one off, however my preference is for cod fish fingers. At least until cod has been fished out of existence. Then I'll probably move onto haddock.

Thats a good idea and I may do that as a one off, however my preference is for cod fish fingers. At least until cod has been fished out of existence. Then I'll probably move onto haddock.

I agree that Cod and Haddock would be better...but both of these fish ,all frozen of course for many months,I have found to be a bit tasteless and quite firm,if not hard..certainly not the moist fish like back home.Even the Waitrose packs dont have the moistness I would expect...and when I see the packs of frozen fish in Macro they look more like planks of wood.

I did import some frozen smoked haddock fillets from UK...delicious...but bloody expensive. 12 fillets cost me 142 GBP !!...but at least the fish was moist.

I have noticed on other forums that people suddenly get very aggressive when you suggest that the food they got used to eating as a child was maybe not all that good or healthy. (hence my remark about apron strings). One guy said that the bread he found locally was just as good as English bread. I wrote back to say that there were two mysteries about English bread, 1. Why do people eat it and 2. Why it it called bread? The onslaught commenced.

I eat fish fingers now and again, also 'bread' but I don't try to live solely on Western food. In fact the only thing I miss about English cuisine is good fish and chips (and I think most people in England have never eaten good fish and chips) eaten out of a newspaper with a glass of Guiness. You can find both on Sukhumvit if you are in dire need, though of varying quality.

I have noticed on other forums that people suddenly get very aggressive when you suggest that the food they got used to eating as a child was maybe not all that good or healthy. (hence my remark about apron strings). One guy said that the bread he found locally was just as good as English bread. I wrote back to say that there were two mysteries about English bread, 1. Why do people eat it and 2. Why it it called bread? The onslaught commenced.

I eat fish fingers now and again, also 'bread' but I don't try to live solely on Western food. In fact the only thing I miss about English cuisine is good fish and chips (and I think most people in England have never eaten good fish and chips) eaten out of a newspaper with a glass of Guiness. You can find both on Sukhumvit if you are in dire need, though of varying quality.

So let me get this straight, and this is not an onslaught, just your usual run of the mill curiosity.

You eat fish fingers now and again, yet when I asked where to obtain food which you admit you eat now and again you tell me to "learn to cook for myself and unpin mummy's apron strings", even though you eat them yourself. When I reply telling you I do cook them myself you reply with saying I got agressive because you suggested that they were not healthy. First of all I didnt get agressive I was being sarcastic, and secondly you didnt mention anything about the health factor of eating fish fingers. So you are accusing me of being agressive about a comment you never made regarding a food product that you yourself eat?

Dont you think that is just a little bit bizarre?

• Like 2

Try local chav store in England.

Obviously I'm not in England. Who on earth let you loose with a passport?

says the man who doesn't like Ayam baked beans 'cuz they're "the wrong size"cheesy.gif

Yes, that's right. What exactly is your point?

Pointless unless you can source Heinz baked beans and McCain oven chips as well. coffee1.gif

Makro sell Heinz beans at 83 Baht for a big tin..not a bad price....home cut chips are better than Mccans so got a great dinner available

That indeed is a good price. I'll be popping down there to stock up thank you! Agree about oven chips. Pikey fodder.

So let me get this straight, and this is not an onslaught, just your usual run of the mill curiosity.

You eat fish fingers now and again, yet when I asked where to obtain food which you admit you eat now and again you tell me to "learn to cook for myself and unpin mummy's apron strings", even though you eat them yourself. When I reply telling you I do cook them myself you reply with saying I got agressive because you suggested that they were not healthy. First of all I didnt get agressive I was being sarcastic, and secondly you didnt mention anything about the health factor of eating fish fingers. So you are accusing me of being agressive about a comment you never made regarding a food product that you yourself eat?

Dont you think that is just a little bit bizarre?

yes I do think you are a little bit bizarre