Man Killed In Fight Outside Central Pattaya Beer Bar

Rimmer

Man killed in fight outside Central Pattaya Beer Bar

PATTAYA:--A man celebrating the Songkran Festival and his 29th Birthday was beaten to death in front of a Central Pattaya Beer Bar on Thursday evening.

The body of Khun Tongkum was inspected by Police at the Pattaya Memorial Hospital where medical staff were unable to save the man who was admitted earlier in cardiac arrest. The incident occurred outside the Smile Beer Bar on Pattaya Second Road and was initially a fight between the victim and 6-7 people who used bottles and pieces of wood to repeatedly attack Khun Tongkum until he lost consciousness.

One of the attackers repeatedly expelled a firearm into the air to prevent friends of the victim from approaching and assisting Khun Tongkum.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/53536/man-killed-fight-central-pattaya-beer-bar/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-04-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I do so love the exotic prose habitually employed by writers for Pattaya newspapers. Even stretching to words that are old enough to be described as archaic. Now, anyone else would have referred to a firearm being fired into the air - or perhaps discharged. Not the Pattaya One. For the writer of their article, nothing less then it being expelled into the air would do justice to the action.

Pity expel was the wrong verb to use . . .

Edited by JohnAllan
  • Like 1

I do so love the exotic prose habitually employed by writers for Pattaya newspapers. Even stretching to words that are old enough to be described as archaic. Now, anyone else would have referred to a firearm being fired into the air - or perhaps discharged. Not the Pattaya One. For the writer of their article, nothing less then it being expelled into the air would do justice to the action.

Wouldn't that be "nothing less than" instead of "nothing less then"?

• Like 2

Unbelievable! How can a person be beaten to death with shots fired all in central Pattaya and the police arrive in time to see the corpse in hospital. RIP Khun Tongkum, I hope your ghost will haunt these guys

Edited by waza

This one of the big reasons I left The USA; I hope the authorities, teachers, parents, and the nation at large realize that this is a slippery slope

You are dreaming if you think anything will improve. You made the right move.

Unfortunately, I think you're correct. In my homestate of louisiana id venture to say 50-60% of drivers are carrying guns. Theres A lot of handguns in cars here too....anybody want to postulate on what percentage of vehicles on Thai roads and highways are carrying guns? Maybe ABAC could runs poll!

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed ( I hope its correct now)

Depending on how much money the family of the victim receives, or how much money the culprits pay to the police and court there is a big chance it will be ruled a suicide.

What nonsense you have written.

Depending on how much money the family of the victim receives, or how much money the culprits pay to the police and court there is a big chance it will be ruled a suicide.

How do u know that this man did not do something bad and the police could not help his victims hence a revenge attach. I do not think pele beat people to death with no motive. Question is what was the motive and did it justify the punishment.

People r to quick to judge with basic facts that are in front of them rather that trying to look for the full story

How do u know that this man did not do something bad and the police could not help his victims hence a revenge attach. I do not think pele beat people to death with no motive. Question is what was the motive and did it justify the punishment.

People r to quick to judge with basic facts that are in front of them rather that trying to look for the full story

Maybe you should become a detective and answer your own questions...Because you surely will not get any here...Have a nice day.

A post using profanities to bash Pattaya has been removed. If you have a point to make then make it without all the profanities or take a holiday.

News reporting from Pattaya is covered by people based at Soi 9 police station so it is inevitable that sensational crime reporting takes over from the mundane.

possibly an incorrect "adverb" clap2.gif

Maybe you should become a detective and answer your own questions...Because you surely will not get any here...Have a nice day.

I am not asking questions just think that people should not be too quick to judge as there is always more to a story than what 1 Is aloud to speak of.

People casting opinions should be careful before bashing verbally the people that are standing accused. Not to say that what they did was right or wrong. They might have just been local bullies who deserve everything they get or they might be out for revenge who knows anyone's guess

As always, a cowardly group of Thai punks with weapons attack one man. Can't say I'm surprised.

Who u give the same re-action if one man came with a gun a shot him on his own. Result shall be the same

A classic example of Muphry's law.