Geezer Visa

Hi. all

Got a new Non Imm. O last week in Penang, got the dough in the the local bank and have the medical certificate. What I want to know is, do I have to wait until the 90 day O has 'almost' expired before I go to apply for my retirement visa. I seem to remember reading this somewhere ... but to me at least this this sounds a little bit illogical. Any experiences with this one ?

I think the logic is that you don't need an extension if you still have 90 days remaining. Some folks have been able to do it early if they have all the paperwork in order so you can give it a try. If not you will just be told to come back when you have less than 30 days remaining.

Thanks Lopburi.

I agree with what you say from what I've read in the past, but If I've got all me papers and requirements in order and pays me money for the 1 year extension then what's the point of making me wait ? can't see that there's any benefit to immigration in doing that.

take your papers to IMM at Soi Suan Plu and ask for info BEFORE you pay the application fee of B1,900.-

explain your reason for early application.

the officers there can be very helpful and understanding, at least this is my experience.

opalhort