Poetic Justice?

Bagwan

I cannot help but smile at the news that Wolves and Blackburn are to be relegated and feel a sense of poetic justice. McCarthy may not have been another Ferguson but he did the best that he could given the donkeys at his disposal and many better versed than I in football matters could see no sense in replacing him at such a crucial point. Big Sam might be excused for feeling a tad light hearted after the Venkys who apparently know less than I do about English football fired him, and now as it seems likely, he will be back in amongst the big boys leading the Hammers at Blackburn's expense. If QPR also go down, then Hughes will look like a total fool after leaving Fulham because he wanted "to better himself."

I am happy to see Newcastle competitive again after so long in the doldrums. It should not be forgotten that some of the credit for this should be given to Chris Hughton and not solely to Alan Pardew who has carried on the good work.

i feel pretty sorry for wolves and blackburn fans as they've both been on the receiving end of stupid decisions by idiot club owners in recent times. the venky's people at blackburn in particular do seem to be absolutely useless.

think the very likable chris hughton seems to be odds-on for the west brom job doesn't he?

• Like 1

i feel pretty sorry for wolves and blackburn fans as they've both been on the receiving end of stupid decisions by idiot club owners in recent times. the venky's people at blackburn in particular do seem to be absolutely useless.

think the very likable chris hughton seems to be odds-on for the west brom job doesn't he?

I think that might depend on how Birmingham do in the play offs.

I think it is one thing to protest against the owners (and in Blackburns case its justified as the Venkys are complete tools)

But I think the Blackburns fans treatment of Kean has been diabolical. Virtually every game giving him a hard time!! Glad they went down, its what the fans deserve!

• Like 1

I think it is one thing to protest against the owners (and in Blackburns case its justified as the Venkys are complete tools)

But I think the Blackburns fans treatment of Kean has been diabolical. Virtually every game giving him a hard time!! Glad they went down, its what the fans deserve!

i kind of agree - their protests should have been directed against the owners who appointed kean and who seem to have made the 30m quid they got for jones and samba vanish into thin air. you also had that absurd situation when yakubu scored four goals in a match this season, went and celebrated with the manager and the fans booed and chanted 'kean out'. berks.

• Like 2

i kind of agree - their protests should have been directed against the owners who appointed kean and who seem to have made the 30m quid they got for jones and samba vanish into thin air. you also had that absurd situation when yakubu scored four goals in a match this season, went and celebrated with the manager and the fans booed and chanted 'kean out'. berks.

I kinda agree as well. Where I work there are (astonishingly) quite a few Blackburn fans and although I can agree with their views of Venki's, they have actually been wanting Blackburn to lose matches in the hope of getting rid of Kean. To me, even in the face of his tormentors he has conducted himself with great dignity.

• Like 1

You have to wonder what the Blackburn owners will do for their next trick. I would agree with other comments that my sympathy would be entirely for the dignified Steve Kean and none for the club.

Blackburn are a DD club if ever I saw one - and I'm not talking bra size.

I feel so sorry for the worthy coach of Wolves. Each Saturday forced to appear on TV with his rabbit caught in the headlights act!

Edited by SantiSuk

Its not the club anyone should be attacking. Its simply not a Premiership outfit. They were mug buyers. Sad but true.

why aren't they? got a history, one-club town, proper football town at that too, none of your rugby league nonsense. also happen to have won the title since quite a few other clubs last did.

Thats rich coming from a Liverpool fan. Did you really type this post keeping a straight face or is it Liverpool humour?

I kinda agree as well. Where I work there are (astonishingly) quite a few Blackburn fans and although I can agree with their views of Venki's, they have actually been wanting Blackburn to lose matches in the hope of getting rid of Kean. To me, even in the face of his tormentors he has conducted himself with great dignity.

I also agree - the Blackburn fans have got whatthey deserved and will be no loss at all to the Premiership.

I can't believe that Kean wants to stay - I think he would be trying plying his trade elsewhere.

Thats rich coming from a Liverpool fan. Did you really type this post keeping a straight face or is it Liverpool humour?

come again?

Its not the club anyone should be attacking. Its simply not a Premiership outfit. They were mug buyers. Sad but true.

why aren't they? got a history, one-club town, proper football town at that too, none of your rugby league nonsense. also happen to have won the title since quite a few other clubs last did.

I concur, well run club with enough above average players who were happy to stay there. A modicum of investment should have seen Premier League status maintained indefinitely. Good youth policy which would have allowed them to be self sufficient as well. At one stage only one of 3 clubs that had won the Premier league soon to be one of five (?)

No respect for Kean for me, he wanted the job and ever since has backed Venky's to the hilt to keep his hands on the tiller. All the sales and bad decisions have his (at least tacit) approval.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Edited by 2unique

For the club to maintain its status required good management and investment. The team which won the Premiership was the original Chelsea model. A far cry from that of recent years.

I'm looking forward to the same thing happening at Stamford Bridge. Soon please.

Blackburn will now fade into Championship obscurity.

For the club to maintain its status required good management and investment. The team which won the Premiership was the original Chelsea model. A far cry from that of recent years.

I'm looking forward to the same thing happening at Stamford Bridge. Soon please.

as i already said above, they've been appallingly managed under the venkys. 30m for jones and samba gone missing. an amateur manager appointed. that isn't the fans' fault, they're just expected to keep shelling out on season tickets while the chicken farmers tithe off all the profits.

also, the blackburn team that won the league was far, far from the 'original chelsea model'. blackburn's glamour signings were shearer, sutton and sherwood. hardly the cream of europe at the time.

odd post that smokie.

as i already said above, they've been appallingly managed under the venkys. 30m for jones and samba gone missing. an amateur manager appointed. that isn't the fans' fault, they're just expected to keep shelling out on season tickets while the chicken farmers tithe off all the profits.

also, the blackburn team that won the league was far, far from the 'original chelsea model'. blackburn's glamour signings were shearer, sutton and sherwood. hardly the cream of europe at the time.

odd post that smokie.

Yes they are a decent club Stevie but there are plenty of them in the Championship too. They were spending plenty of money then Stevie as you well know. Noting compared to now of course.

Are you saying they didn't buy the title to a degree? Yes Dalglish made some astute signings back in those days.

Yes they are a decent club Stevie but there are plenty of them in the Championship too. They were spending plenty of money then Stevie as you well know. Noting compared to now of course.

Are you saying they didn't buy the title to a degree? Yes Dalglish made some astute signings back in those days.

i think that the definition of 'buying the title' has changed between then and now smokie. blackburn spent jack walker's money but they didn't spend that much more than the other top clubs who were around at the time and they were nowhere near the spending levels of italian and spanish clubs. the vast majority of title-winning clubs in any country to an extent 'buy the title'. liverpool did it to a lesser degree in the 70s and 80s. man united have done it in recent times being able to throw 30m at players when they feel like it. chelsea have done it.

perhaps to a lesser degree than Man City and Chelsea but it has to be accepted that Blackburn spent big with the title in mind breaking the transfer record twice.

there's a lot to be said for the state of English football that 3 out of 5 (dependent on Sunday) of the EPL winners are perceived to have outright bought the title and a 4th with question marks regarding their spend power being able to amass and/or monopolise the best players.

odd post that smokie.

Yeah you are right. Sorry for the drivel...I was a tad unhinged at the time. It seems to be happening a lot the last few days....whistling.gif

Must be the pressure of CL qualification....biggrin.png

Yes would be great if West Ham go up now Blackburn are down, and the strongest case of poetic justice and "som nam naa" as the Thais would say. Big Sam is a great guy, and exactly the sort of person to keep a struggling team up, as he did for Bolton for many years. He was also hard done by at Newcastle too so great to see him have some success now. Haven't met anyone who likes the Venky's, and they really have no clue about football. Feel sorry for the Blackburn fans as they've been totally ignored and would probably have stayed up under Big Sam.

As for Wolves there's a good chance they would have good down anyway, but we'll never know. More a case of shooting themselves in the foot, than poetic justice, as unlike Big Sam going on to hopefully succeed, I don't see any real positive side to bring any justice to the Wolves situation. Just a poor decision and everyone loses - fans as well as Mick Mc. Don't know what they were thinking to sack him without having a replacement + back up replacement in mind. Can't see how they would think Terry Connor would do any better. Only thing I can think of was they though Curbishly might take it. That he didn't just shows naivety on their part for not sounding him out properly, as well as no plan B. You can't just sack someone and hope at such a critical stage in the season...Feel sorry for Wolves fans too, although I'm not sure they would have made it even with Mick Mc

smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

Yes would be great if West Ham go up now Blackburn are down, and the strongest case of poetic justice and "som nam naa" as the Thais would say. Big Sam is a great guy, and exactly the sort of person to keep a struggling team up, as he did for Bolton for many years. He was also hard done by at Newcastle too so great to see him have some success now. Haven't met anyone who likes the Venky's, and they really have no clue about football. Feel sorry for the Blackburn fans as they've been totally ignored and would probably have stayed up under Big Sam.

As for Wolves there's a good chance they would have good down anyway, but we'll never know. More a case of shooting themselves in the foot, than poetic justice, as unlike Big Sam going on to hopefully succeed, I don't see any real positive side to bring any justice to the Wolves situation. Just a poor decision and everyone loses - fans as well as Mick Mc. Don't know what they were thinking to sack him without having a replacement + back up replacement in mind. Can't see how they would think Terry Connor would do any better. Only thing I can think of was they though Curbishly might take it. That he didn't just shows naivety on their part for not sounding him out properly, as well as no plan B. You can't just sack someone and hope at such a critical stage in the season...Feel sorry for Wolves fans too, although I'm not sure they would have made it even with Mick Mc

smile.png

Ah but look at all the vitrihol that was spouted at Chelsea and Man City for interviewing managers prior to sacking the incumbent... Cant have it both ways?!?

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement