U.S. Hostage Warren Weinstein Pleas For Obama'S Help In Video

News_Editor

when a civilian enters a war zone, he knows what could happen, and it is not the bussiness to recue a civilian that went in on his own accord, or to risk a number of troups to help one man! The Us has never given in to negotiations for terrorists. He knew the risks and now want the whole country to come to aid. Stick your hand in fire, your gonna get burnt, so don't cry to mama for help! This not the first citizen ovf many countries to walk into a war zone, and say I'm just here to help! They don't want us there and are taught specificly to target Americans, so I do pity the man, but must side on the better for all

Although he is a civilian, I think it said he was an employee of a branch of the US gov't.

I'm pretty sure that if the USA military had better intel on his whereabouts they would opt for a rescue operation (unless it was extremely nonviable).

Giving in to kidnappers demands is very problematic - not just the price tag itself, but the extra motivation to repeat the act by the opposition.

Sometimes it isn't about choosing between good and bad options, but picking the less sucky one, or one which bears more predictable/managable outcomes.

Yes I agree & more.... Lets try picking one option that at least has a point. If we learned nothing at all from VN surely we learned that no?

Yes OBL said many things but this one he learned from us & like the Hillary video showed it works.

Yes this is just one more nail in the financial coffin not the only one for sure but the same could be said for many other great nations that go waaaaaay & went there before us..

It was not the only reason in their cases either but it sure contributed heavily to the final reasons. I am not just talking about finances!

But most of all .....what is the reason/point? Because if it is so called defense think again. It is not only NOT working but it is making it worse.

It is to the point that through this type of so called defense we are losing not only security but basic rights & freedoms we once had.

All with the excuse of this so called war on TERROR

Edited by flying

Sometimes it isn't about choosing between good and bad options, but picking the less sucky one, or one which bears more predictable/managable outcomes.

Yes I agree & more.... Lets try picking one option that at least has a point. If we learned nothing at all from VN surely we learned that no?

Yes OBL said many things but this one he learned from us & like the Hillary video showed it works.

Yes this is just one more nail in the financial coffin not the only one for sure but the same could be said for many other great nations that go waaaaaay & went there before us..

It was not the only reason in their cases either but it sure contributed heavily to the final reasons. I am not just talking about finances!

But most of all .....what is the reason/point? Because if it is so called defense think again. It is not only NOT working but it is making it worse.

It is to the point that through this type of so called defense we are losing not only security but basic rights & freedoms we once had.

All with the excuse of this so called war on TERROR

Well of course you highlight a dreadful irony in all of this. In the video Hillary clearly states that the US, using other agents forced the Soviets to eventually back off having lost billions and that this led to the ultimate demise of the USSR...cool! Now fast forward 30 years and we find that the same 'various agents' now have the US buckling at the knees under the financial burden of both Afghanistan AND Iraq. We are not talking billions, we are talking Trillions over the last decade. And the potential ultimate outcome is? The demise of .....blah blah blah! Same same! Clinton predicted it, but for the life of me I don't think she realised it!

• Like 1

Well of course you highlight a dreadful irony in all of this. In the video Hillary clearly states that the US, using other agents forced the Soviets to eventually back off having lost billions and that this led to the ultimate demise of the USSR...cool! Now fast forward 30 years and we find that the same 'various agents' now have the US buckling at the knees under the financial burden of both Afghanistan AND Iraq. We are not talking billions, we are talking Trillions over the last decade. And the potential ultimate outcome is? The demise of .....blah blah blah! Same same! Clinton predicted it, but for the life of me I don't think she realised it!

That is it & lets be honest it is empire building plain & simple.

Same as all the rest who sought to control this area that can never be controlled.

We can go way way back in history & see it over & over & over.

No fear of death? what a crock of shit ,if thats the case why don't the leaders of these radical; Islamist groups make the supreme sacrifice and set an example for others to follow?, instead of "brainwashing" young uneducated kids that this is the "way to go" and become a "hero" for the cause , the only big time leaders of these Jihadists who have lost their lives for "the cause" have been "taken out" by the Israelis or US pilot less Drones not by their own hand (suicide bombers) !!!

Its true the mullahs and clerical types don't go bravely into martyrdom, while espousing this to others. And even that some of these groups have used handicapped children, and learning-difficulty children to deliver the body-bomb. Because those young people are considered worthless in alpha-male societies where healthy males are considered sacred.

Men-cap children in the region are harder to monitor than in the west so there's a lot of grey area. But reports come out like in Iraq a doctor sold al-Qa'ida a list of female patients with learning difficulties so they could be duped into being suicide bombers. (The Independant)

RE: kidnap, I pray for the best but am not optimistic. Its hard to say it without sounding cold but some parts of the world are so dangerous for foreigners to travel to (for any reason), that the risks must be realised beforehand and the outcome accepted.

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

No fear of death? what a crock of shit ,if thats the case why don't the leaders of these radical; Islamist groups make the supreme sacrifice and set an example for others to follow?, instead of "brainwashing" young uneducated kids that this is the "way to go" and become a "hero" for the cause , the only big time leaders of these Jihadists who have lost their lives for "the cause" have been "taken out" by the Israelis or US pilot less Drones not by their own hand (suicide bombers) !!!

Its true the mullahs and clerical types don't go bravely into martyrdom, while espousing this to others. And even that some of these groups have used handicapped children, and learning-difficulty children to deliver the body-bomb. Because those young people are considered worthless in alpha-male societies where healthy males are considered sacred.

Men-cap children in the region are harder to monitor than in the west so there's a lot of grey area. But reports come out like in Iraq a doctor sold al-Qa'ida a list of female patients with learning difficulties so they could be duped into being suicide bombers. (The Independant)

RE: kidnap, I pray for the best but am not optimistic. Its hard to say it without sounding cold but some parts of the world are so dangerous for foreigners to travel to (for any reason), that the risks must be realised beforehand and the outcome accepted.

http://frontpagemag....uicide-bombers/ Not just female Children with learning difficulty's are used for this inhumane task Edited by Colin Yai

Further off-topic posts will earn suspension. I use the word 'earn' because it seems that some posters can only understand how much money is being spent. That's not what this topic is about.

Stay on topic.

If Obama had any balls he would reply that if the hostage is not released unharmed he will order drone attacks at double the current frequency and will bring forward the trials of those held at Gitmo and expedite execution for those that are guilty of sufficient a crime to warrant it.

Violence is the only language these dregs understand and they should be made to realize who is capable of dishing the most out.

Targeting the fighters won't help this guy. Gotta target the ones who have influence over them. I am reminded of a story I heard about 20 or so years ago when hostages were being taken in Beirut. As the story goes, a Soviet diplomat was taken hostage, then the KGB took the son of some higher up and castrated him before returning him. The Soviet diplomat was soon released. Now, this is probably urban legend (although I don't remember Russians ever being taken hostage), but there is likely some value in the concept. Find some powerful sheikh in Qatar/Saudi/wherever who is known to support these terrorists but he himself and his family are vulnerable. Take it from there.

I believe it was fingers with the parts sent to the kidnapper contacts along with a message that their families would be targeted.

• Like 1

At the risk of seeming cruel, I hope no one risks lives to rescue this 70 year old man. Rational people know that Pakistan is a no go zone. He made the decision to go to Pakistan. What sane elderly jewish man would put his life at risk like that? I believe the yiddish term is meshuganah as in nuts. Very sad, but he's as good as dead. I hope the kidnappers are identified and that the names are made public. When the pakistanis no longer have the benefit of aid workers and aid, they can go and thank the kidnappers.

• Like 1

At the risk of seeming cruel, I hope no one risks lives to rescue this 70 year old man. Rational people know that Pakistan is a no go zone. He made the decision to go to Pakistan. What sane elderly jewish man would put his life at risk like that? I believe the yiddish term is meshuganah as in nuts. Very sad, but he's as good as dead. I hope the kidnappers are identified and that the names are made public. When the pakistanis no longer have the benefit of aid workers and aid, they can go and thank the kidnappers.

Yeah GK cruel words ,but then again the truth is often just that,Cruel !, maybe thats why its somewhat difficult for many to speak it and in my book you do not do yourself any injustice by writing it, this was no game of domino's the poor man was going to ,and going off previous horror stories we've all read about Middle East Aid workers and their like being Slaughtered like Halal Sheep in the past the guy was taking a great personal risk, and with a Jewish name too!, no doubt there will be the usual Video if and when he meets his maker with 3or 4 brave masked men carrying automatic weapons ,with one reading from the Koran whilst raising his index finger to the condemned man before "sentence" is passed ,my heart goes out to his loved one's as this must put a terrible strain on them, not much anyone can do for the guy at this moment in time ,except hope for the best outcome to this dreadful situation. Edited by Scott
double quote edited
  • Like 1

And today the International Red Cross announced a pull out from Pakistan.

Congratulations all around to the kidnappers on a job well done on hurting their own people.

GK do you honestly believe those who perpetrate these crimes against humanity give a toss ,one way or the other.

Congratulations all around to the kidnappers on a job well done on hurting their own people.

GK do you honestly believe those who perpetrate these crimes against humanity give a toss ,one way or the other.

Of course they don't. But we can always hope that regular people and their leaders will take action against the kidnappers.

But let's face it, these terrorists get away with it for one reason - the gov't and security forces aren't serious about putting a stop to it. Until they are, I wouldn't lose sleep if my country pulled out completely in every way from military to humanitarian.

• Like 2

Of course they don't. But we can always hope that regular people and their leaders will take action against the kidnappers.

But let's face it, these terrorists get away with it for one reason - the gov't and security forces aren't serious about putting a stop to it. Until they are, I wouldn't lose sleep if my country pulled out completely in every way from military to humanitarian.

Not to mention financial. This is exactly the sort of repercussions that may have an effect on the terrorists if their actions cause sufficient misery for the local population that they do the job themselves. The Pakistani government has to decide whose side it's on, but it will take the path of least resistance until doing so becomes intolerable.