Govt Set To Make Thailand Largest Food Trade Hub In Asia

webfact

Govt set to make Thailand largest food trade center in Asia

BANGKOK, 9 May 2012 (NNT) – With an increased trend in Thai food product export, the government is set to transform Thailand into Asia's largest food trade and distribution center.

Department of International Trade Promotion (DITP) Director-General Nantawan Sakuntanak has revealed the government's determination to elevate and promote the Thai food product and food service businesses to the ASEAN and global markets, in accordance with its Thai Kitchen to the World strategy. At the same time, it is targeting to transform the country into the largest food trade and distribution center in the Asian region.

Additionally, the Commerce Ministry aims to expand Thai food export to new potential markets, particularly ASEAN, China, India, Russian and Africa, in order to compensate for the loss from the crisis-stricken main markets.

A 10-20% growth, worth 30 billion dollars, has been predicted for Thai food export in 2012. With the exception of rice, growth can be expected in all product groups, including seafood, fresh chicken meat, processed chicken meat, frozen fruit and vegetables.

More export information can be obtained from the department's hotline 1169 or www. ditp.go.th.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-05-09 footer_n.gif

Please, oh please, oh please stop with the HUBS.

Since the advent of the word in Thai culture, has there ever been one successfully created in Thailand?

Don't be a spoil sport, we have not had a new 'hub' for a few weeks now !

The last week has been the HUB of Fires cheesy.gif

"With the exception of rice........"

I wonder why? My old Dad would say that the Shinawatra's have "sexy" fingers - everything they touch ends up "no longer operational", but not in those words.

I was going to ask the same thing. With all the rice that the government have got stockpiled, why won't there be growth in the rice trade?

Please, oh please, oh please stop with the HUBS.

Since the advent of the word in Thai culture, has there ever been one successfully created in Thailand?

Don't be a spoil sport, we have not had a new 'hub' for a few weeks now !

The last week has been the HUB of Fires cheesy.gif

Also the HUB of Public fantasies. rolleyes.gif

I see some cunning shenanigans going on here, with the link to the article using the "Hub" word but the article it's linking to strangely devoid of it...

Some new TV policy as a result of the extra interest generated by adding the word "hub" liberally to all news threads...?

"With the exception of rice........"

I wonder why? My old Dad would say that the Shinawatra's have "sexy" fingers - everything they touch ends up "no longer operational", but not in those words.

I was going to ask the same thing. With all the rice that the government have got stockpiled, why won't there be growth in the rice trade?

Because once the 'Kitchen to the World' (sic) has exported all it's food abroad rice will be the only thing left for the Thai people to eat.

And today I see according to the news India has had its best ever rice harvest and it is reckoned that they will export record amounts of rice to the detriment of the Thai and Vietnamese rice export industry.

And today I see according to the news India has had its best ever rice harvest and it is reckoned that they will export record amounts of rice to the detriment of the Thai and Vietnamese rice export industry.

Maybe they will make Thaksin an "honorable" citizen of India.

I see some cunning shenanigans going on here, with the link to the article using the "Hub" word but the article it's linking to strangely devoid of it...

Some new TV policy as a result of the extra interest generated by adding the word "hub" liberally to all news threads...?

TVF The Hub of Hits

just when you thought they had cornered all the hubs. Do they actually have a department of hubs? Can't wait for next weeks HUB release

Agreed. I wonder what has happened with all previously HUB´s?

Did they go up in smoke or what?