Some Dvds Dont Work-some Do Ok

Buff-horns

I cant figure out why some DVDs work on my PC and some of them dont .

these are movies ,they are scratch free but i get a message saying they are damaged.

using PowerDVD player

or cinema DVD player .

how many zones are there? my PC should play them all ?samsung DVD player.

I get them as well but mostly for my X Box. I always have trouble with my DVD'S. Sometimes they won't play on my X Box or PS2 but will play OK on my laptop. Sometimes, stuff I burn on DVD will not work on my X Box but will work on PC. I'll use the same program later to burn another slideshow on the same type of DVD but it will work on my X Box. Go figure

One thing that might help is trying a different media player on your PC.

It definitely won't solve everything, but everyone who uses their PC to watch movies should have a copy of VLC Player (www.videolan.org) and/or BS Player (http://www.bsplayer.org) installed IMO.

You should consider upgrading your pc dvd drive firmware as this is often a cause of poor reading and writing. Just check out the full name under device manager and then type the name into google ie Lite On 1234a firmware

Hope it helps

JAF

i stopped buying pirate DVDs at Pantip because they dont always work ,scratchfree but they dont work .a mystery

hi'

not really a mistery, a sh1t quality dvd and a too fast copy ...

I had one that we could watch twice before the disc was totaly fvcked, no way to get it back even on pc or linux ... :o

francois

Yes - I have about 10 dvds that will not open in the computer. I bought a different DVD player, and the same 10 will not open. They will all open in a cheapo stand alone player that I use.

9 of them will open in a linux machine on the same DVD player that fails to open them under windows, (1 refuses linux and windows).

I have had maybe 50 that would not open in linux but will under windows (both XP and W2K)

The DVD's I burn myself open in about 50% of windows machines (have not tried linux)

Hopefully the whole system will be obselete soon and we will have a storage medium that stores information on something that does not deteriorate in a few years.