Seeking Information For Potential Hua Hin/Cha-Am Expat

sezzo

Hello,

My brother is on holidays in Thailand at the moment and would like to check out a few areas for potentially retiring to. One of the areas is Hua Hin/Cha-Am. We will be travelling down that way around the 21st May for a few days to check the area out. Could anybody supply us with some basic information for a potential retiree to the area ie. rent for condo/house, facilities/activities in the area, etc. Is there a place or venue where one could have a yarn with someone about these queries.

Thanks in advance

Actually, we are leaving New York this Thursday and arriving in Cha Am Saturday afternoon. Although we're not quite ready for retirement, this will be our third trip to Cha Am and we too will be investigating potential sites and possibilities for retirement. Will be there, at least for some of the time, with Thai friends which will probably make our investigating easier.

I'll post to the board if I find anything of interest, and hope you will do the same.

It's certainly a magnificent area, and even the "expensive, luxury" hotel at which we're staying is cheaper than an apartment in New York!