England Squad Confirmed

LucidLucifer

I'm baking lots of humble pie next week....lotsa slices for those guys! clap2.gif

Are you willing to eat some yourself on the off chance we do do well?

He's out with the fairies lucifer! I don't understand the humble pie bit and i hate seeing food go to waste!

Diet and exercise leads to a healthy outlook on life chaps. No pie for me! smile.png

So what are you sayin smokes, the scotland are team still gorging themselves on haggis and deep fried mars bars?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the way its going to be under Hodgson, so get used to it chaps

When you have Graham Taylor pass critical comment about the rigidity of Hodgson's 4-4-2 system then you know there is going to be issues down the line. Dunno if we can stomach 4 years of this eye bleeding football

the only thing I can say is that Englands defensive set up has more accomplished players than the one Roy built at Liverpool. There arent any Sotos, Poulsens or Koncheskys and he wont be allowed to pick those kinds of players. Englands first and second choice back 4's are competent enough to adapt to what he wants to do and will make it difficult for the opposition to score goals

completely wasting some decent attacking players, England do have some to choose from but they arent going to see a lot of the ball

tolerance of these stone age tactics will only last as long as the team keeps clean sheets and gets wins. if they fall behind, thats when problems start and you see the hoofing emerge

The only thing I can say otherwise is that hopefully he will get sacked before his 4 years are up, though he may grind out enough results to keep his job. Maybe

I hate the style though, its like having John Major as England manager, with even less charisma. Whole appointment lacked ambition, for his sake it had better produce in the long run because people wont stick it for long

When you have Graham Taylor pass critical comment about the rigidity of Hodgson's 4-4-2 system then you know there is going to be issues down the line. Dunno if we can stomach 4 years of this eye bleeding football

the only thing I can say is that Englands defensive set up has more accomplished players than the one Roy built at Liverpool.

IMHO Taylor is in no position to pass critical comment on any manager for their tactics.

I think at this moment in time our strength lies in defence, so adopting a version of Italian football's 'catenaccio' is probably the way forward, however eye bleeding that may be.

the only thing I can say is that Englands defensive set up has more accomplished players than the one Roy built at Liverpool.

IMHO Taylor is in no position to pass critical comment on any manager for their tactics.

I think at this moment in time our strength lies in defence, so adopting a version of Italian football's 'catenaccio' is probably the way forward, however eye bleeding that may be.

Taylor cheesy.gif

He was responsible for the worst England team set up / performances ever.

yep, taylor wasnt actually that good a manager, struck lucky at Watford they were a good fit, struggled at villa and stumbled onto a winning formation and his luck run out when he inherited an ageing England squad. I suppose his one saving grace was he didnt play john fashanue, who had to be the worst footballer ive EVER seen play 4 england. And IMO, all-round mr arsehol_e. As for the euro's, no matter how we do SMOKES, go out in the 1 st round, what ever, we've done better than Scotland!!!!

Taylor cheesy.gif

He was responsible for the worst England team set up / performances ever.

Remember it well

sadly i think these tactics are even worse. The test though will be when the team concedes, then Hodgson teams degenerate in to pure hoofball

The FA were trying to push through initiatives to try and make the next generation more comfortable on the ball and demonstrate betetr technique, smaller pitches, that kind of thing. So why employ a manager who is the antithesis of that approach? makes no sense to me at all

When a long ball merchant like Taylor criticises these tactics in such a fashion, that is pretty disturbing. But as ever, its a results business

but given his already questionable man management of fringe players [Richards, carrick, ferdinand, all have told him to stick his 'standby duty' where the sun dont shine already], as soon as results fall away, think he will be left isolated very quickly. It depends how long he can ride the bucking bronco, for the development of future generations, it may be better if he falls off quickly to minimise the damage, though he may be able to ride it out through to the knockouts in the Euros if hes lucky

I have to agree that England have to play to their strengths, which on this occasion is their defence. Maybe the likes of Young and Welbeck can grab the odd goal on the break. Boring as this maybe I don't see that we have any other option with the squad that we have.

If your going to critise Get it right RICH Ferdinand and Richards didnt ask not to be considered, Hodgson just didnt pic them and carrick told capello that he didnt want to b considered. But I know where play wise your coming from perhaps a touch more mobilty is needed, Barry believe it or not, was good at instigating and keeping things flowing ,losing him IS A BLOW next time u watch man city see how many moves from defence he starts and how up field he keeps things going, bit like parker for spurs And having Henderson is now looking like a major mistake but <deleted>, Hodgson has won his opening 2 games against reasonable opposition and not conceded a goal, lets be happy about it, forget our doubts, stop knocking him and get behind him and the team

Edited by rijit

Cahill out now, Martin Kelly called up.

I'm really not getting why Richards, yet again, has been overlooked.

<deleted> yep Hodgson's stand by players .at the mo dont look to be great, but we will have to see.

The infighting has started already. I love this thread. biggrin.png

You're just jealous that you've got diddly squat to discuss.biggrin.png baring admitting you're shit, there after end of conversation.

There's got to be something wrong there mate, thats 2 international managers that havnt picked him and Mancine doesnt seem 100 % convinced one week he's in, the next he's on the bench or dropped. Perhaps mr bo can throw some light on the case?

Edited by rijit

Ferdinand should of been brought in but Hodgson has made a big mistake already with his lies to him and sighted it was for footballing reasons why he left him out in the first place.

To bring Kelly in who has played very little football is a joke and a massive slight against Ferdinand never mind Richards.

FA and agendas again i think.

You're just jealous that you've got diddly squat to discuss.biggrin.png baring admitting you're shit, there after end of conversation.

I will ignore the taunt and stay on topic.

Your lot are seriously boring. coffee1.gif

Edited by smokie36

I will ignore the taunt and stay on topic.

Your lot are seriously boring. coffee1.gif

]

Ignore the taunts all you wish mate but as long as you 'gob off' on this thread what do u expect, niceties? and of coarse your right everyone's welcome to stay 'on topic'.

Ferdinand should of been brought in but Hodgson has made a big mistake already with his lies to him and sighted it was for footballing reasons why he left him out in the first place.

To bring Kelly in who has played very little football is a joke and a massive slight against Ferdinand never mind Richards.

If Hodgson doesn't fancy Ferdinand, and he clearly doesn't, then there is no point in bringing him in. He might as well blood younger players he has got an eye on for the future. That is, after all, what the majority of people have been saying since the South African debacle.

But Kelly over Richards.....??????post-4641-1156693976.gif

i think it was for footballing reasons he didnt pic him, One of Ferdinands biggest strengths was his pace and it got him out of oh so many poorly judged situs with his persistant bac injury hes lost that, He can get away with it at utd, just, but with england IMO defo not. Lets not forget capello hadnt picked him 4 ages and that was nish to do with the terry scenario, but admittidly the fa are'nt the best at handling things, but again lets not forget the terry case is a criminal prosecution , nothin to do with the fa. But i do agree kelly and henderson and the stand by's are all looking at the mo poor choices,but would you have predicted losing barry lamps and cahill a week or so b4 the k/o hindsight is oh so wonderful.

Edited by rijit

There's got to be something wrong there mate, thats 2 international managers that havnt picked him and Mancine doesnt seem 100 % convinced one week he's in, the next he's on the bench or dropped. Perhaps mr bo can throw some light on the case?

Flumoxed to be honest rijit. He only didn't play early on through an injury and then when he was fit he had to fight to get back into the team but even so he had over 30 starts this season. He is definately capable of playing for this England squad IMO.

Flumoxed to be honest rijit. He only didn't play early on through an injury and then when he was fit he had to fight to get back into the team but even so he had over 30 starts this season. He is definately capable of playing for this England squad IMO.

Didn't he get dropped for the title run in tho mr bo?

Didn't he get dropped for the title run in tho mr bo?

Yeah, for the last 5 or so matches he was coming on as sub for the last 10 minutes. Don't know the exact reason but it's typical of a player coming back from an injury.

Hmmm, dont exactly smack of a player thats hammered down his first team place, which for me should be a must b 4 u get any england place 1st 11 or squad . but there again he looks a miles better option than what.s coming from our stand by's.

but there again he looks a miles better option than what.s coming from our stand by's.

that's the bit I don't understand.

Yeah,but looking at the bench, I honestly dont think that hodgson expected ANY of them to go, Although i'm sure he will say otherwise. But is there any other team that's had such piss poor luck with injuries, one you could sort of expect but 3,,<deleted>. picking the stand byes imo was sort of ticking a box, exercise, give the young ones some experience, Dont suppose he will be repeating that little exercise in hurry again.