Bangkok Party?

raro

Bangkok Party?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be up for it but not if I'm going to be the only girl there. tongue.png Surely there are more ladies on TV that are in Bangkok?! sad.png

That's a very parochial attitude, phuturatica. I'd go if I was the only man there!

Obviously as an English ex pat I'd prefer a cultural setting, maybe with a TV live feed to the Test Match.

I am game.. sign me up.

Live music sounds great... been a while since I have seen any good live music. Although to be fair, as I am married with two kids, I do not get out much these days.

Just not May 29-1 June as I will be out of the country for a business trip

Also agree that starting afternoon or early evening would be great. (Sat would be best)

Edited by CWMcMurray

I would be up for it but not if I'm going to be the only girl there. tongue.png Surely there are more ladies on TV that are in Bangkok?! sad.png

That's a very parochial attitude, phuturatica. I'd go if I was the only man there!

Obviously as an English ex pat I'd prefer a cultural setting, maybe with a TV live feed to the Test Match.

Being the only female at a party of strangers is a little daunting. ;) Especially given the age group of the majority and mine.

Being the only female at a party of strangers is a little daunting. wink.png Especially given the age group of the majority and mine.

Maybe have a sex change beforehand then

it will be certainly difficult to find a one size firs all solution. The more input you give us here, the better we can tailor the party to your likings cool.png

Good food's pretty universal, let alkies pay for their own or maybe first one free?

I've been at several good bash/mixers at the Barbecue place corner of Surawong and Rama IV, just down from Lumpini, easy layout for mingling rather than sit-down tables.

And let's not worry about the age/sex etc thing surely we can just get together for a good nosh and conversation!

You can bring dates, prunes, and other dried fruit.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

There is no cutoff point for people, as long as they keep their clothes on.

the stained beer chang shirt being the official thaivisa wear for years...rolleyes.gif

There is definitely no problem with ladyboys.

wub.png

Why on earth would that commentator say 'not later than September' ? Is it not the case that more than 50 % of Thai Visa members are back in their home countries (mostly Europe andScandanavia I would suggest) for the Summer or I am I wrong ? Is it not true that the majority of these members return when it starts to get cold in their countries, say October and November onwards, or again, am I wrong with this ? Why not hold the Party in early December then out-of-BKK members could combine the trip with shopping and other pre-Christmas ideas.

Edited by raro
reformatted back to normal font
  • Like 1

Why on earth would that commentator say 'not later than September' ? Is it not the case that more than 50 % of Thai Visa members are back in their home countries (mostly Europe andScandanavia I would suggest) for the Summer or I am I wrong ? Is it not true that the majority of these members return when it starts to get cold in their countries, say October and November onwards, or again, am I wrong with this ? Why not hold the Party in early December then out-of-BKK members could combine the trip with shopping and other pre-Christmas ideas.

You don't have to come to the party if you don't want to

it will be certainly difficult to find a one size firs all solution. The more input you give us here, the better we can tailor the party to your likings cool.png

Good food's pretty universal, let alkies pay for their own or maybe first one free?

I've been at several good bash/mixers at the Barbecue place corner of Surawong and Rama IV, just down from Lumpini, easy layout for mingling rather than sit-down tables.

And let's not worry about the age/sex etc thing surely we can just get together for a good nosh and conversation!

Roadhouse - i like to annoy him by calling it Roadkill but it does have really good food...

Dana loves a good bash and will always provide something in the way of vittles and probably discounted hooch. He'd definitely let you take over the whole middle floor and possibly the top floor if the numbers supported it.

Bangkok Trader always seem to find inexpensive places to hold their networking events..

I have to come to the big city in a few weeks. i hope it is the week I come and there are strong people to carry my wheelchair in. They may be needed to carry raro out too. rolleyes.gif

Hi Harrry, that would be teriffic having you over! We can surely build a ramp like last time!

Roadhouse - i like to annoy him by calling it Roadkill but it does have really good food...

Dana loves a good bash and will always provide something in the way of vittles and probably discounted hooch. He'd definitely let you take over the whole middle floor and possibly the top floor if the numbers supported it.

Bangkok Trader always seem to find inexpensive places to hold their networking events..

where is that Roadhouse?

Will Quietman be there ??

I dun like clingy people.

How will we know each other ??

Can we bring dates....hiso or loso...whats the cutoff point ??

If I brought a ladyboy that I know...that none of you will recognise....would you hold it against me ??

Define "clingy people".

We will know each other, believe me.

You can bring dates, prunes, and other dried fruit. There is no cutoff point for people, as long as they keep their clothes on.

There is definitely no problem with ladyboys.

yes, zimmer frames are easy to spot

Along Sukhumvit, I think you're basically looking at either pubs / clubs or hotels. A few ideas for places that I have heard of hosting expat functions could include:

- The Huntsman (basement of The Landmark)

- Det 5 on Suk Soi 8

- Nest on Soi 11

- Am Bar or Beer Vault in 4 Points By Sheraton, Soi 15

- Sofitel Sukhumvit, also Soi 15 (I think)

- The Dubliner

- Bar Su at Shetraton Grande

- Larry's Dive or Titanium, there have been Thaivisa events at these before.

- Jasmine Hotel near Phra Khanong BTS

Edited by dantilley

Along Sukhumvit, I think you're basically looking at either pubs / clubs or hotels. A few ideas for places that I have heard of hosting expat functions could include:

- The Huntsman (basement of The Landmark)

- Det 5 on Suk Soi 8

- Nest on Soi 11

- Am Bar or Beer Vault in 4 Points By Sheraton, Soi 15

- Sofitel Sukhumvit, also Soi 15 (I think)

- The Dubliner

- Bar Su at Shetraton Grande

- Larry's Dive or Titanium, there have been Thaivisa events at these before.

- Jasmine Hotel near Phra Khanong BTS

Larry's Dive has been changed to "No Idea" bar. More of a pub / bistro now. The previous owner of Soi 8 bar did it all up. Went to a wine tasting function there a couple of weeks ago. Good food. You could probably book out the whole top floor.

thanks for the suggestions!

The No Idea was also on my list, some more suggestions from my side are the Old German Beerhouse in Soi 11 or the Admiral's Pub in Soi 29.

Since all those locations are easily to access by BTS/MRT/Taxi, I believe car parks are not much of an issue?

• Like 1

Bistro 33 (Soi 33) has great food and is good for functions.

I had dinner at the Aloft hotel (Crave on the 8th floor) last night, and it looks like it could be good to hold a function ... might be a bit expensive though.

I had dinner at the Aloft hotel (Crave on the 8th floor) last night, and it looks like it could be good to hold a function ... might be a bit expensive though.

Wow...gone upmarket and posh now has TV ??

Wow...gone upmarket and posh now has TV ??

Sorry ... function = food and drinks.