Bangkok Party?

raro

Bangkok Party?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bistro 33 (Soi 33) has great food and is good for functions.

I had dinner at the Aloft hotel (Crave on the 8th floor) last night, and it looks like it could be good to hold a function ... might be a bit expensive though.

Wow...gone upmarket and posh now has TV ??

Given the nature of this party (as referred to by Phuturatica), an upmarket venue may be required to ensure all attendees' confidentiality

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bistro 33 (Soi 33) has great food and is good for functions.

I had dinner at the Aloft hotel (Crave on the 8th floor) last night, and it looks like it could be good to hold a function ... might be a bit expensive though.

Wow...gone upmarket and posh now has TV ??

Given the nature of this party (as referred to by Phuturatica), an upmarket venue may be required to ensure all attendees' confidentiality

You can achieve same by having invisible ink on the name tags.

If that happened I would quite clearly slap you all with my schlong as it would be a new novelty to me! wink.png

You're not supposed to get it sewn onto your hand....

Have you never slapped someone with your schlong before?! It doesn't necessarily have to be on your hand. whistling.gif

If that happened I would quite clearly slap you all with my schlong as it would be a new novelty to me! wink.png

Have you never slapped someone with your schlong before?! It doesn't necessarily have to be on your hand. whistling.gif

You're not that girl in the video are you ??

some more suggestions from my side are the Old German Beerhouse in Soi 11 or the Admiral's Pub in Soi 29.

I don't know The Admiral's Pub, but Old German Beerhouse would definitely be a good choice.

Another vote for the German Beerhouse!! thumbsup.gif

I don't know which video you are talking about but no, I am not the girl in the video...

I don't know which video you are talking about but no, I am not the girl in the video...

How do you know if you do not know ??

When she says no mate...ya know......rolleyes.gif

thanks for the suggestions!

The No Idea was also on my list, some more suggestions from my side are the Old German Beerhouse in Soi 11 or the Admiral's Pub in Soi 29.

Since all those locations are easily to access by BTS/MRT/Taxi, I believe car parks are not much of an issue?

Ahem. I do believe that not many non-alcoholic TVF members will come. So, no, car parks should not be as important as taxis. wink.png

Never mind BTS/MRT, those don't run after midnight. whistling.gif

The No Idea was also on my list, some more suggestions from my side are the Old German Beerhouse in Soi 11 or the Admiral's Pub in Soi 29.

Since all those locations are easily to access by BTS/MRT/Taxi, I believe car parks are not much of an issue?

Ahem. I do believe that not many non-alcoholic TVF members will come. So, no, car parks should not be as important as taxis. wink.png

I might be coming and I don't drink alcohol, but I don't drive although I do have a car and I am learning so I might need a car park depending on when the party is. On the other hand, I might decide to have some alcohol as a one-off, but then my wife might want to drive although she is pregnant so I don't know whether she will want to drive, or even attend the party, especially if she is in labour, in which case I will not be coming either, probably.

I might be coming and I don't drink alcohol, but I don't drive although I do have a car and I am learning so I might need a car park depending on when the party is. On the other hand, I might decide to have some alcohol as a one-off, but then my wife might want to drive although she is pregnant so I don't know whether she will want to drive, or even attend the party, especially if she is in labour, in which case I will not be coming either, probably.

You really have to stop being so decisive and setting these inflexible plans in stone...

Sent from Android, please forgive errors in type or judgement.

Neither do most of our members...I would call that rather staggering..

I am looking for a medium posh location. Places like Bar Su at the Sheraton are probably beyond our budget and Cheap Charlie at Soi 11 maybe a bit too casual.

How important is the food side of the event to you? Fingerfood ok? Full blown buffet?

Yes, please don't come if your wife is in labour, or drive if you're still learning to drive. Though kudos to learning in a place like bkk!

I for one am down for a barbecue like setting - foodwise allows for both big eats and big meats as well as small finger snacks, and drinkwise it allows for an early afternoon start with no shame.

Location is no issue for me as I'm far from both Rama IV and Suk.

A few options. We had a big party several years ago at a nice place right on the river. It was great. Outdoors though, so could be an issue in the rainy season.

What about that big German brewery. Tawan Dang, or something like that. It's huge inside.

But neither is near public transport???

^ #81:

Tawadaeng RamaIII can be reached by BRT bus. From BTS ChongNonsi walk the flyovers and get on at the start of the line, busstop Nararam3 is next to Tawadaeng.Normally lots of Thai, good food and BEER, nice music with sometimes Ad Carabao playing. Red-shirt not mandatory, but souvenirs available at the entrance

• Like 1

I am looking for a medium posh location. Places like Bar Su at the Sheraton are probably beyond our budget and Cheap Charlie at Soi 11 maybe a bit too casual.

How important is the food side of the event to you? Fingerfood ok? Full blown buffet?

Something at least for the balloon chasers. rolleyes.gif

Yes, please don't come if your wife is in labour, or drive if you're still learning to drive. Though kudos to learning in a place like bkk!

I for one am down for a barbecue like setting - foodwise allows for both big eats and big meats as well as small finger snacks, and drinkwise it allows for an early afternoon start with no shame.

Location is no issue for me as I'm far from both Rama IV and Suk.

I'd say (to brit1984): Please do come, just not by car. :)

I'm in favour of a fingerfood buffet. No joke: chicken wings, chips, nut, etc. I like to have something to nibble with my beer but wouldn't want to sit down for a big meal during mingling night. Just my two cents, others might see that differently.

A few options. We had a big party several years ago at a nice place right on the river. It was great. Outdoors though, so could be an issue in the rainy season.

What about that big German brewery. Tawan Dang, or something like that. It's huge inside.

But neither is near public transport???

German Tawan Daeng is good (especially the beer) but might not be suitable as it is a sit-down place with loud music. Unless they have private rooms, which I don't know.

Does anybody know the Thai Navy Club near the Grand Palace? Good Thai food, outside but with a roof to protect from rain, by the river, and reasonably priced. The only problem is that it is difficult to reach.

How big do these things usually get? How many people/how big should the venue be?

The biggest I have been to was around 150 people in Pattaya, the smallest around 15 people at Gulliver's, Soi 5. Other Bkk functions that I have attended have ranged from 20 people through about 50 people.

Possibilities:

Hanrahan's on Soi4 have a second floor that doesn't get much use. Good food, drink, not too loud, pool table, close car-parking, entertainment nearby.

Raro - how about making a shortlist of venues and then polling it?

• Like 1

The other problem with Tawan Daeng is that it's unlikely to be possible to hire it out, that's assuming the event will be big enough to warrant hiring a venue or a private area of a venue, rather than a casual gathering at a few tables in a pub (but that may be the preference for some people anyway?)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App