Don'T Even Waste Your Time Asking For Embassy Assistance.....

Chivas

Following on from reading one of Thaivisas moderators sensible reasoning yesterday I contacted the British Embassy (a job in its own...) with my own situation......

Despite my son having a British Passport they couldn't care less about a British National (me) currently in England who is asking for possible restrictions on his son being spirited away wherever who is currently in Thailand....

Not a chance of a block being put on the Passport and with a British one it would be fair to say he could be taken anywhere......

Absolute joke......

I totally give up with Thailand and its Nationals........"Thailand wins again" is a comment heard many times. Could not agree more sadly.

I rue the bloody day I ever first stepped into the Kingdom.

I hoped the embassy would have some experience in this and might conduct you in the right direction. I seemed wrong.

Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction

The Hague Covention regulates that every country that is party to the treat must have a Central Authorithy. It is this Central Authorithy which reports cases to the Central Authorithy of other countries, where the child might be. That means you have to find out which organisation in the Uk acts as the Central Authorithy and contact them for advise.

Thailand is party to the treaty, but not a member of the Hague Conference on Private International Law itself!

Thailand Central Authorithy

UK Central Authorithy

I hoped the embassy would have some experience in this and might conduct you in the right direction. I seemed wrong.

Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction

The Hague Covention regulates that every country that is party to the treat must have a Central Authorithy. It is this Central Authorithy which reports cases to the Central Authorithy of other countries, where the child might be. That means you have to find out which organisation in the Uk acts as the Central Authorithy and contact them for advise.

Thailand is party to the treaty, but not a member of the Hague Conference on Private International Lawitself!

Thailand Central Authorithy

UK Central Authorithy

Mario

Thank you for your input.....

I did think it was probably going to be a fruitless experience but certainly worth a shot as you said.....

Sometimes I want to bang heads against walls but you'd probably get a stupid grin from these people so as to not lose face.....!

Parental abduction cases are very stressfull, as often you will find that the government doesn't help you or can't help you and you youself are powerless to do things legally by yourself. All have to go through diplomatic channels, etc. etc.

There is a UK charity that might be the best source of information, reunite: http://www.reunite.org/

It is a charity that helps parents in case of international parental abduction