My Thai Lady Is Lovely

smokie36

Can I say something?

Now it 3 in morning. I have to wake for turn on air for fish.

Now I can not sleep and hot and my nphew sing song when sleep so come here for say hello na ka

Mr Man I give you also wub.png

David is a lucky man! thumbsup.gif

My girl has gone to sleep....sad.pnglaugh.png

Lucky ... well yes and no.

She's over there and apparently it's been a hot still night if she has to 'turn the Aerators on' for the Fish. Her Mum is supposed to do them but they are a mechanical start, just like the old style 1920’s Ford with the crank start and her Mum is a bit slow in the morning.

Maybe the physicial effort has woken her up.

But she's Thai and won't be hard for her to sleep again!

I'm over here, we've just had our coldest day this year with a predicted 5C where I am.

Sometimes she SMS's me she's up early and about and can't sleep, but must have decided to come here instead.

I think she's taken a bit of a liking for you smokie36 ... you ole' smooth crooner you!

Edited by David48

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

Having said that, most most problems eventually come down to communication and cultural misunderstandings.

I agree with that ...

So do I...that and my stupidity. whistling.gif

A streak of stubborn from her and a streak of stupid from me.

Staying on thread, it's all good and worth the effort though.

• Like 1

<snip>

Having said that, most most problems eventually come down to communication and cultural misunderstandings.

I agree with that ...

So do I...that and my stupidity. whistling.gif

A streak of stubborn from her and a streak of stupid from me.

Staying on thread, it's all good and worth the effort though.

Yes it certainly is!

<snip>

I agree with that ...

Just one of the many reasons it is advantageous to speak Thai, no matter how good the wife’s English is.
  • Like 1

<snip>

I agree with that ...

Just one of the many reasons it is advantageous to speak Thai, no matter how good the wife’s English is.

I think there'll still be cultural and linguistic misunderstandings, even if you speak Thai well.

But that's not so bad, if you're both aware of it.

It means that in difficult moments you can give her (and she you) the benefit of the doubt. That can be a real help in defusing the tension.

<snip>

I agree with that ...

I think there'll still be cultural and linguistic misunderstandings, even if you speak Thai well.

But that's not so bad, if you're both aware of it.

It means that in difficult moments you can give her (and she you) the benefit of the doubt. That can be a real help in defusing the tension.

It also helps if you have a clear understanding of what is going on and why, and language is useful in that regard, but then guessing might be more fun for some.

It also helps if you have a clear understanding of what is going on and why, and language is useful in that regard, but then guessing might be more fun for some.

I agree with you, but your understanding may be fallible at times. Well, it is in my case (hers too). smile.png

speaking the same language doesn't mean that a couple are going to understand each other. Men and women are from different planets.

If it is already so difficult to understand these creatures from a different planet, how can not being able to speak the same language make it any easier? Personally I do not adhere to that quaint truism that women are somehow unfathomable.
  • Like 2

<snip>

Well that's quite of a solace if you've lost all of your possessions,like there are sooo many reports about on this forum and anywhere else, never looked at it that way.

<snip>

Well that's quite of a solace if you've lost all of your possessions,like there are sooo many reports about on this forum and anywhere else, never looked at it that way.

I suspect the lack of communication in such cases is happening in neural pathways rather than between two people.

Edited by smokie36

hmmmm... i wonder how big my advantage, respectively her reaction would be if i spoke Thai to my wife who's mother tongue is English and her Thai limited to "savasdee khra" crazy.gif

<snip>

We have an agreement in case there is any major problem neither of us will do anything rash and take time to get to the root of the problem. Time and again we find they are cultural (very different attitudes and approaches) to which we are both adjusting; language is not the problem.

Only last week I knew she was p****d off with me. It took 4 days before the reason came out. It was a very simple thing about which she hadn't explained the procedures to me beforehand and I hadn't behaved as expected during the event. All happily sorted - eventually

my life revolves around my wife of almost 6 years, she is honest, thrifty, sensible and the reason i am financially better off now than ever before in my life.

i followed her fathers lead and that of my own father and let the wife, run the house, bills etc.

cultural misunderstandings occour, but all can usually be resolved fairly quickly.

as said before, my life revolves around her, she is just wonderful, and slightly off topic so is her immediate family.

• Like 1

Ah, it only took eight pages for the unhappy vocal few to turn up and trip trap over the happy stories in here! Why don't you go to and join in any of those posts then, and leave us happy folk alone! jerk.gif

• Like 1

Ah, it only took eight pages for the unhappy vocal few to turn up and trip trap over the happy stories in here! Why don't you go to and join in any of those posts then, and leave us happy folk alone! jerk.gif

I have enjoyed this thread, I was actually hoping that "happiness" was contagious.

• Like 2

I am married to my best mate who happens to be my wife, who has given me wonderful twin sons.

An uncomplicated relationship full of laughter, teasing and humour .

Rich or poor we will grow old together.wub.png

Edwinclapham has hit the nail on the head about marrying a Thai lady. The uncomplicated and fun relationship is heaven - something I always dreamed of when I was in a western marriage. This time around I have found what was missing back then - marriage number 2 to a Thai lady solved that problem,

That is why we all are interested in this forum by the way - we all belong to a very special club - married and living in Thailand, married to a thai lady in another country, or just single and enjoying all that this country has to offer - it doesn't matter the situation we all have been bitten by the bug.

Shhhhh! Don't tell everyone - we will have the rest of the world here if everyone finds out.

• Like 2

I have deleted a couple of posts & response. Perhaps the poster would like to contemplate the following rule before attempting to post again:

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Do you guys who have replied to this thread and of course the op have any idea how ridiculous it is?

My Thai lady.

I wold never ever refer to my wife of many years as that.

I can only imagine that you either bought or are renting your Thai Lady.

Ot is obvious that you dont see Your Thai lady as equal to you but some kind of possession.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

Do you guys who have replied to this thread and of course the op have any idea how ridiculous it is?

My Thai lady.

Ot is obvious that you dont see Your Thai lady as equal to you but some kind of possession.

My wife of Thai persuasion is that better?

My Thai lady.

poster # 206 please refere to post # 205 whistling.gif

• Like 1

I am married to my best mate who happens to be my wife, who has given me wonderful twin sons.

An uncomplicated relationship full of laughter, teasing and humour .

Rich or poor we will grow old together.wub.png

Edwinclapham has hit the nail on the head about marrying a Thai lady. The uncomplicated and fun relationship is heaven - something I always dreamed of when I was in a western marriage. This time around I have found what was missing back then - marriage number 2 to a Thai lady solved that problem,

That is why we all are interested in this forum by the way - we all belong to a very special club - married and living in Thailand, married to a thai lady in another country, or just single and enjoying all that this country has to offer - it doesn't matter the situation we all have been bitten by the bug.

Shhhhh! Don't tell everyone - we will have the rest of the world here if everyone finds out.

The special club you have found is the club with members that have found a Thai lady that is with you for you and not for the money. An incredibly rare commodity here. Congratulations to you all, you are in a miniscule minority.

• Like 1