Beer Connosseur'S Venue In Takiab

hhfarang

I've noticed a new restaurant in Takiab for the last couple of months and finally got around to trying it last Saturday night. I can't say much for the food which is mostly light Mediterranean style, as the dish I had was just ok, but it has the biggest selection of imported beers in the Hua Hin area including some excellent brands from Germany, Belgium, Holland, Australia, etc. They actually have a separate (book) menu just for the beers. I had a very good Australian stout that I had never tried before and an HB (Hofbrau original) which has been one of my favorite German beers ever since I had one at the Hofbrau House in Munich.

The beers are expensive compared to the local brew, but when you're in the mood to splurge a bit and have that beer that you've been missing here, this is the place. I haven't seen a selection like this even in Bangkok (and I've looked). They range from 180 to 260 baht but a lot of them come in pint sized bottles. The two I had were 180 and well worth it for a taste of beers I had not had before or in a long while.

According to the waiter they are open from 2 in the afternoon until late at night and it's located across the street from the Cicada Market and the name is appropriately, La Birra which I think is Italian for "the beer".

Edited by hhfarang