Manchester United

redrus

10 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

How many clubs do you think wanted Giggs,Scholes ,Gary Neville and Beckham amongst others.

Wait wait... let me get this clear. You are comparing other clubs wanting Giggs and Scholes to us wanting Harry Maguire? Sure you don't want to rethink that?

The only club which has successfully taken players off us consistently over the years is Real Madrid. Leicester sold Kante and Drinkwater to Chelsea, Mahrez to City, probably would have sold Vardy to Arsenal if he wanted to leave. Please don't act like getting Maguire was completely unrealistic with the right approach.

Just now, Sparkles said:

All very well saying we should have bought Maguire.Leceister didnt want him to sell him, they were not desperate for money and have in fact given him,in the last few days, a new, better paid ,long term.contract.Just because a club wants a player doesnt mean its game over.Mourinho wanted Boateng too ,he decided to stay at Bayern.

How many clubs do you think wanted Giggs,Scholes ,Gary Neville and Beckham amongst others. Pique had a verbal agreement with SAF that when the time was right  he would be allowed to return to his homeland (well documented)

I have for a long time wanted ALL PL teams to have min of 3 players in the team that had come through the clubs academy,thats obviously never going to happen and why England is so poor rated on the International scene

You need to stop living in the past. 

England have a strong set up at all levels. We came 4th at the WC this year. The youngsters won u17 wc too.

Boateng opted to stay as he perceived utd a step down as opposed to up. If sanchez had the choice he'd have gone to city.

Utd just does not have the gloss it once did and the personnel is a reflection of that.

Won 2 lost 2.

Crisis is on. 

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

England have a strong set up at all levels. We came 4th at the WC this year. The youngsters won u17 wc too.

Boateng opted to stay as he perceived utd a step down as opposed to up. If sanchez had the choice he'd have gone to city.

Utd just does not have the gloss it once did and the personnel is a reflection of that.

Won 2 lost 2.

Crisis is on. 

Oh dont we love a crisis.

England got through to the WC semis with very favourable draw ,most England teams in the past would have achieved the same result,agreed by most pundits and ex internationals who have been there.

People who know anything about football accept that the national team is still way below whats required when they meet teams like Croatia ,Spain etc giant step up.Bonus is Southgate is trying to build a young team but his future is not set in cement ,he wont confirm his long term stay and neither should he

Yes England have had some good results with the 17's ,19's,21's etc but most of those players will not make PL squads and spend most of their time out on loan or sitting in the stands.

As for living in the past  Harry Macquire decided to remain loyal to the club that gave him a chance,good to see.What was the offer United made ? please let us know.

We are not privvy to offers made, Agents manipulating a move ,nor are we privvy to any offers made to United players in the past so its all speculation

You have no idea why Boateng stayed with Bayen unless you are his agent and your Sanchez comment is just pure tabloid  dross unless you can prove otherwise

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparkles said:

England got through to the WC semis with very favourable draw ,most England teams in the past would have achieved the same result,agreed by most pundits and ex internationals who have been there.

People who know anything about football accept that the national team is still way below whats required when they meet teams like Croatia ,Spain etc giant step up.Bonus is Southgate is trying to build a young team but his future is not set in cement ,he wont confirm his long term stay and neither should he

Yes England have had some good results with the 17's ,19's,21's etc but most of those players will not make PL squads and spend most of their time out on loan or sitting in the stands.

As for living in the past  Harry Macquire decided to remain loyal to the club that gave him a chance,good to see.What was the offer United made ? please let us know.

We are not privvy to offers made, Agents manipulating a move ,nor are we privvy to any offers made to United players in the past so its all speculation

You have no idea why Boateng stayed with Bayen unless you are his agent and your Sanchez comment is just pure tabloid  dross unless you can prove otherwise

Ignore the Liverpudlian who named himself after a robot... he's on the wind up mate.

But I am genuinely interested to know if you disagree with the fans who paid for the airplane banner? I think they were spot on. 

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Ignore the Liverpudlian who named himself after a robot... he's on the wind up mate.

But I am genuinely interested to know if you disagree with the fans who paid for the airplane banner? I think they were spot on. 

Correction: Our robotic friend R2D2 is a Brummie.

Just now, Sparkles said:

Quote is boateng own words:

‘I called Jose Mourinho, I told him that his interest was an honor for me and thanked him for trying so hard for me. ‘I explained to Jose that it’s difficult to leave Bayern, and if I do, everything has to be in place to top this club.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/11/jerome-boateng-reveals-what-he-told-jose-mourinho-after-rejecting-manchester-united-7935471/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Regarding youngsters sitting in the stands or out on loan.

Loans is the new breeding ground for youngsters and I think it is a better system than spains B team system.

Who is speculating on the progress now when most of those lads at the WC have been through the loans system and they done a good job and with very little experience as a team. The teams that beat them had far more playing time together so it is no shame whatsoever.

Regarding pundits statements - load of tosh and devaluing the current teams exploits. Of those experts pre wc none of them backed England for a last 4 Finnish so why are they now pretending it was a given?

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/revisiting-the-world-cup-predictions-of-51-experts-in-the-media/

Regarding Sanchez. It's pretty obvious and anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

And the local Manc is from Stockport. 

We’re 3 generations from Bradford, Manchester (Johnson’s wireworks, Bradford Colliery and all that); the north stand of the Etihad is built exactly where the street we moved from would be, but since 1974 you're correct - we moved 7 miles.

Looks like you’re from Bradford way Rick if you went to school with Welbeck (isn't he Ardwick?) – which Manc suburb are you from?

R2D2 you do realize that Stockport (station) is just 7 miles from Manchester (Piccadilly), don't you?

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

We’re 3 generations from Bradford, Manchester (Johnson’s wireworks, Bradford Colliery and all that); the north stand of the Etihad is built exactly where the street we moved from would be, but since 1974 you're correct - we moved 7 miles.

Looks like you’re from Bradford way Rick if you went to school with Welbeck (isn't he Ardwick?) – which Manc suburb are you from?

R2D2 you do realize that Stockport (station) is just 7 miles from Manchester (Piccadilly), don't you?

Watford to Harrow and Wealdstone  is about 6 miles but no one says they are from London when they live in Watford. 

Kinda boring discussion though and one you seem to enjoy. Football is global and most top teams have bigger fan bases outside of their local so I'm not sure what the point is in this type of remark. Yesteryear perhaps. Move forward not backward if you adopted the same strategy your team has. Location of a fan is irrelevant. The irony.

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Yeah Stockport is closer to Manchester than Birmingham is to Scouseland - no denying than @Rc2702 ?

I went to Trinity which is in Hulme / down the road from Moss Side. Definately didn't do me any harm going to a ghetto school... but I am actually from a far nicer part of Manchester ?

Didn't even know there was a Bradford in Manchester to be fair. Never had much reason to leave South / Central Manchester! 

I should add... from the art rooms at Trinity you had an equally good view of both OT (in all its splendour) and Maine Road. Both of them must have been no more than 1 1/2 miles away.

Edited by RickG16

59 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Watford to Harrow and Wealdstone  is about 6 miles but no one says they are from London when they live in Watford. 

Kinda boring discussion though and one you seem to enjoy. Football is global and most top teams have bigger fan bases outside of their local so I'm not sure what the point is in this type of remark. Yesteryear perhaps. Move forward not backward if you adopted the same strategy your team has. Location of a fan is irrelevant. The irony.

Huh? Excuse my ignorance but who plays at Harrow and Wealdstone so why do you  make such an anology?

Brummie still on the outskirts of Liverpool is it?

Some of us were born in to a family which supports the local club and some like you picked the most successful team at that time regardless of where it is. I have great respect for fans of Walsall, Stockport, Tranmere and such like who support their local club and not the local big club or most successful  club at that time, but no respect for Brummies who chose liverpool. 

Edited by Bredbury Blue

56 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Yeah Stockport is closer to Manchester than Birmingham is to Scouseland - no denying than @Rc2702 ?

I went to Trinity which is in Hulme / down the road from Moss Side. Definately didn't do me any harm going to a ghetto school... but I am actually from a far nicer part of Manchester ?

Didn't even know there was a Bradford in Manchester to be fair. Never had much reason to leave South / Central Manchester! 

I should add... from the art rooms at Trinity you had an equally good view of both OT (in all its splendour) and Maine Road. Both of them must have been no more than 1 1/2 miles away.

I know roughly where that school is.

Know what you mean about Bradford; most people think the Etihad is in the more well known Beswick.

Shouldn't you be a blue? ?

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

You can see OT from Hulme? How high up were those art rooms? I'll  take your word for it.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Shouldn't you be a blue? ?

No chance mate. I'm from Altrincham which is in Trafford. United are my local league team.

Also supported Alty home and away for a few years. I like to think it gives me a bit of perspective.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You can see OT from Hulme? How high up were those art rooms? I'll  take your word for it.

Pretty much a stone's throw away. Hulme is in between Old Trafford (the area) and Moss Side.... so in the middle of the two grounds.

Consult the map! 

12 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

No chance mate. I'm from Altrincham which is in Trafford. United are my local league team.

Also supported Alty home and away for a few years. I like to think it gives me a bit of perspective.

Actually i never realised before right now Trafford  has 2 clubs in Altrincham  and ManU. See it's a local derby with Stockport  on Boxing Day.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Huh? Excuse my ignorance but who plays at Harrow and Wealdstone so why do you  make such an anology?

Brummie still on the outskirts of Liverpool is it?

Some of us were born in to a family which supports the local club and some like you picked the most successful team at that time regardless of where it is. I have great respect for fans of Walsall, Stockport, Tranmere and such like who support their local club and not the local big club or most successful  club at that time, but no respect for Brummies who chose liverpool. 

Yh well I am not going to apologise for a choice I made at 5 years old. The fact it was made with no family ties makes it even better and as I have a younger brother and a nephew who are both lfc fans is a nice touch too. You are a stooper. 

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh well I am not going to apologise for a choice I made at 5 years old. The fact it was made with no family ties makes it even better and as I have a younger brother and a nephew who are both lfc fans is a nice touch too. You are a stooper. 

Basically Liverpool were the best team when he was growing up, so he is a glory supporter ?

Or maybe it was because of this....

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Course you were 5. 15 more like. Bet you dad was proud. 

A stooper? I've  no idea.

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Altrinchan is lovely...spent a few summer afternoons sitting outside that Belgian pub eating fish n chips from next door and getting sozzled.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Altrinchan is lovely...spent a few summer afternoons sitting outside that Belgian pub eating fish n chips from next door and getting sozzled.

Not sure that chippie is there any more ?... luckily there are another couple of decent ones still around. 

• Like 1

Just now, RickG16 said:

I'd not heard that one before either but I quite like it... I think it means you are stooping to a low level ?

As has been the case for a while now. Geezers still burnt about getting done home and away by us last year. 

18 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Won 2 lost 2.

Crisis is on. 

Theres little to suggest players don't want to play for United.  However there is substance to them not wanting to play for Mourinho and not liking the system he plays,  Kovacic being the obvious vocal example.  But to say United has lost its gloss and pull for players is way off the mark.  

Edited by carmine