Manchester United

redrus

thanks stevie we are glad too!

and rafa was thinking of bringing him back to liverpool but he said we cannot because gerrard and torres have to play every week,and owen needs to play to get back in england squad and bench warming will not help.

how considerate!

looks like gerrard and torres will be worn out by xmas.

haha! yeah. owen's agent was on the phone incessantly to rafa but rafa wouldn't even take his calls. rafa didn't think for one second about signing owen i promise you.

and rafa was thinking of bringing him back to liverpool but he said we cannot because gerrard and torres have to play every week,and owen needs to play to get back in england squad and bench warming will not help.

how considerate!

haha! yeah. owen's agent was on the phone incessantly to rafa but rafa wouldn't even take his calls. rafa didn't think for one second about signing owen i promise you.

where do you get your information from you seem well ITK.

how considerate!

notwithstanind that i can't stand the expression 'ITK', a mate of mine back home is good mates with one of the players.

how considerate!

notwithstanind that i can't stand the expression 'ITK', a mate of mine back home is good mates with one of the players.

Well that settles it,a mate of a mate of a mate told me,must be true or maybe phone tapping is legal in the UK now

Any man who wears a hair band is obviously far to far up his own arse - i think Tevez proved that in the end sadly.

Need i say any more?

Ok then, i will - this one looks like his granny knitted it. :D

Tell me Rix, are you like WR, folically challenged? :)

Any man who wears a hair band is obviously far to far up his own arse - i think Tevez proved that in the end sadly.

Need i say any more?

Nope mate - got a full head of hair - luckily the beer doesn't affect hair follicles, just brain cells and i can spare a few thousand of those - weren't using them anyway!

Why, is it only bald coots who think that dudes with hair bands are ponces?

Need i say any more?

Nope mate - got a full head of hair - luckily the beer doesn't affect hair follicles, just brain cells and i can spare a few thousand of those - weren't using them anyway!

Why, is it only bald coots who think that dudes with hair bands are ponces?

no no, just thought I sensed a bit of envy :D

no no, just thought I sensed a bit of envy :)

I'll take his money, his skill and his birds, but he can keep his looks - that includes that frizzly matted mess on the top!

Geez James, what sort of an ugly fooker do you take me for?!

Need i say any more?

Ok then, i will - this one looks like his granny knitted it. :)

We have a few of those in the kitchen draws .When you buy Papaya or Mangoes they put them in them to protect the skin from getting bruised. I would imagine they are available at any UK supermarket.............. Recycling way to go.

Amazing how none of you RAGS thought he was ugly and a ponce for the last 2 years :)

We've always considered him ugly actually mate.

As far as being a ponce is concerned - his hairbands arose our suspicions, and signing for City confirmed them. :D

Amazing how none of you RAGS thought he was ugly and a ponce for the last 2 years :)

Bit daft saying that init MrB, why on earth would we while he wore our shirt. Now he's slagging off Fergie and, which red is gonna take his side especially after saying he wouldn't join Liverpool cos of the history, do you bitters not exist now.....? Or did he not pick up on our history.... :D

Bye Eckers.........

15/07/2009 10:11, Report by Ben Hibbs-MUFC Site

Eckersley joins Burnley

Burnley have completed the signing of young Reds defender Richard Eckersley.

The 20-year-old Salford-born right-back has agreed a four-year deal at Turf Moor and arrives for Burnley's first season in the Premier League.

As a result of the player's age, the Clarets must now agree a compensation fee with United.

Eckersley made his first-team debut for the Reds in the 2-1 FA Cup victory over Tottenham back in January, coming on as a second-half substitute.

redrus

As far as being a ponce is concerned - his hairbands arose our suspicions, and signing for City confirmed them. :D

Show me a post of yours over the last 2 years and prior to the rumour of him leaving, were you have stated that. :D

Amazing how none of you RAGS thought he was ugly and a ponce for the last 2 years :D

Bit daft saying that init MrB, why on earth would we while he wore our shirt.

That's exactly what I'm saying Red. Whilst Tevez was a red, Rixalex never said anything. Now he's gone on to bigger and better things :D all of a sudden he's calling him an ugly ponce. Bitter me thinks.

whats your point he is a ugly ponce!

I didn't say he wasn't :D

But Rix keeps on harping on about it :D

Now, let's talk about that good lookin fella Fletcher :)

Sean Goater.................... :D

redrus

Show me a post of yours over the last 2 years and prior to the rumour of him leaving, were you have stated that. :D

Actually Boj i have many thoughts that i don't post on this forum - i'm having one now. :D

^

Mr B, you didn't know he cared did you.... :)

Gibson agrees new deal

15/07/2009 15:00, Report by Ben Hibbs on the official site.

Darron Gibson has agreed a three-year contract extension at Old Trafford and is aiming to challenge for regular first-team involvement.

The new deal keeps the 21-year-old Republic of Ireland international at the club until at least June 2012.

"I am very happy to commit my future to United," Darron told ManUtd.com.

"Last season I enjoyed every opportunity and when I got my chance I wanted to prove what I could do. I hope to continue that this season."

Gibson made 14 appearances for the Reds last season, playing an integral part in United's Carling Cup triumph. He also scored three goals, including an outstanding long-distance effort against Hull City on the final day of the league season.

Sir Alex Ferguson says Gibson expects even more from the Irish central midfielder this season.

"Darron was one of the young players who emerged last season as a United first-team player," he told us.

"His appearance ratio did not really reflect the high regard in which we hold him, as he has constantly worked hard to challenge for a first team spot."

redrus

^

Mr B, you didn't know he cared did you.... :D

:)

I don't think he does buddy. But the feeling is mutual and i sleep very well at nights :D

You don't look like the bastard love child of Fletch (Arsenal tormentor) and Sean Goater then.....! :D:D

redrus

Tevez: Worthy Of Our Support?

Manchester United News.net

At 13:30 on the 20th of September, presuming things all match up and go smoothly, Carlos Tevez will play at Old Trafford for the first time since the 0-0 draw with Arsenal last season which saw United claim a record equalling 18th league crown.

The only difference this time around is that Tevez won’t be wearing red…instead showing up in the sky blue colours of Manchester City, cross town rivals, managed by ex-red and Chelsea player, Sparky (Mark Hughes)

But many are wondering what sort of a reception he will receive. Bearing in mind that Sir Alex Ferguson, of all people, was booed in the second half of the Arsenal game last season when he substituted Tevez, some fans may not take the entire picture into account now that the Argentine has left the club.

After the Champions League final in Rome, Tevez openly complained to the media that he felt he should have started and was in simpler terms, blaming Sir Alex for the defeat.

When Tevez left, he claimed that United hadn’t done enough to try and make him stay, despite being offered mouth watering wages. Tevez jumped when he heard City were looking for him and has now followed the cash stream at Middle Eastlands.

With a massive portion of reds chanting, “Fergie sign him up! Fergie sign him up!” in the latter stages of the season, one wonders if they will reconsider and realise what Tevez has said and done.

Yesterday, Carlos claimed,

“I was there for two years and Sir Alex never called or sent any text messages in that time.”

I find that very hard to believe although does it really matter? Does Sir Alex have to hold your hand when you cross the road?

So now that Tevez has moved to City and abandoned a club that did want him to stay, how will you react to the ex-red next season when he arrives back at Old Trafford in the enemies colours?

I think it is safe to say that many who claimed “Fergie sign him up.” will be changing their views as the Argentine has seemingly shown his true colours.

redrus

No need to panic… ok now panic!

Wed, Jul 15, 2009-United Rant.co.uk

With the world’s finest player© sold, workaholic hero Carlitos off to Untied’s nearest rivals, a Liverpool legend signed as third choice striking replacement, and the spending officially finished – it’s got to have been the worst close season in history. Right?

To crudely paraphrase Salford’s finest, there’s panic on the streets of Manchester, and many fans are wondering to themselves, will Sir Alex ever be sane again? Well, if you’ve been panicking take one paper bag, breath deeply, and let Rant give you ten reasons why everything will be ok.

1. We’ve been here before: Remember the summer of 1995 when Andrei Kanchelskis, Mark Hughes and Paul Ince were sold to Chelsea, Everton and Inter Milan? Maybe you panicked then too, and called one of those ridiculous GMR phone-ins to demand the manager’s head? But then Sir Alex came up with the goods and United won the Premier League and FA Cup double with his kids. Things were never the same again.

2. Ruud van Nistelrooy: tra la la la la, scored 150 goals in 200 games for United while the Reds won almost nothing. Once again Sir Alex backed his own judgment, packed off the Dutchman to Real Madrid for a song and United secured their first Premier League title in three years.

3. You can win with kids: in Danny Welbeck, Federico Macheda, Johnny Evans, Fabio and Rafael da Silva, Darron Gibson, Zoran Tošić’, Cory Evans, James Chester and Davide Petrucci United has the finest kids in the country bar none. Forget the media hype about Arsene Wenger’s children – no not that kind – they almost never progress beyond the Gooners’ Carling cup side.

4. It’s time for Wayne: While Ronaldo stole all the headlines, Wayne Rooney continued to be the metronomic heartbeat of United’s team. Give the man a free role behind a main striker and the White Pelé will tear you apart. Back United’s best Scouser to win Player of the Year in 2010.

5. United’s rivals are no better: Liverpool has made no significant signings and is set to lose one of their better midfielders in Xabi Alonso. Chelsea has spent £18 million on a 30 year-old left winger-cum-defender, purely at the behest of owner Roman Abramovich, and recruited their fifth manager in as many seasons. Arsenal has bought an unknown Belgian defender but is about to lose one of the club’s better forwards. Sure, Manchester City is recruiting like oil is going out of fashion, but does anybody really expect a team of ten strikers plus Shay Given to challenge for the title?

6. Dimitar Berbatov will come good: he’s just too talented not to. Sir Alex will work a system around the languid Bulgarian that suits his outstanding talent, brings the best out of Wayne Rooney and enables United to move away from being a one-trick pony.

7. United does have a defensive midfielder: remember Owen Hargreaves, he’s quite good you know. Whether the Canadian-Englishman returns in August or January, Hargreaves will give United the bite and tenacity in central midfield that the team so badly needed in Rome last May. And if he doesn’t return to full fitness, Fergie will spend, it’s as simple as that.

8. Carlitos isn’t actually that good: yes, fans loved his work ethic, and that back-healed strike that won United the game at Wigan, or the last minute goals that secured valuable points. But are his talent and end-product really worth £25 million? Ferguson thought not or he would have been in the team.

9. The fixture computer has been kind: and given United some winnable games in the early part of the season that will boost confidence while the team beds down with new players and into a new system.

10. Sir Alex Ferguson knows what he is doing: believe.

redrus

redrus

10. Sir Alex Ferguson knows what he is doing: believe.

Okay Red, I believe - BUT I would as he is Scottish and has always delivered when the chips are down. :) and people think he has lost it...

BT :D

^

Mr B, you didn't know he cared did you.... :D

:)

I don't think he does buddy. But the feeling is mutual and i sleep very well at nights :D

Indeed, it would be a stretch to say i cared for you Mr B but for what it's worth (probably nothing), and though it pains me to say it, i've always considered you a valuable contributer to the football forum and have no bad feelings to you whatsoever (excepting the obvious bad feelings i have towards all City supporters of course!). If you have bad feelings to me above and beyond your normal levels of bad feeling to a United supporter, that's absolutely fine; but i don't share them. :D

Back on the Tevez topic and just to get serious for a brief moment... whilst i may well have not expressed any views on this forum in the past concerning his ugly poncey looks, what i have mentioned a good number of times over the last year or so is my frustration and disappointment at the quality of his finishing. If i could be arsed i'd go back through the thread to quote myself - but i can't, so you'll have to take my word for it.

I think that speaks a lot more about my feelings on the player than the fact that i've never taken the piss out of his looks until now.

Something else that i have mentioned on this forum quite recently is that i expect him to perform much better in the City team than he did for us. I still believe that to be true and so whilst i may be happy we didn't fork out all those millions for him ourselves, i can understand why City did.

Of course i hope i'm proved wrong and that he has a torrid time in a season that sees City get relegated. :D

^

Mr B, you didn't know he cared did you.... :)

Gibson agrees new deal

15/07/2009 15:00, Report by Ben Hibbs on the official site.

Darron Gibson has agreed a three-year contract extension at Old Trafford and is aiming to challenge for regular first-team involvement.

The new deal keeps the 21-year-old Republic of Ireland international at the club until at least June 2012.

"I am very happy to commit my future to United," Darron told ManUtd.com.

"Last season I enjoyed every opportunity and when I got my chance I wanted to prove what I could do. I hope to continue that this season."

Gibson made 14 appearances for the Reds last season, playing an integral part in United's Carling Cup triumph. He also scored three goals, including an outstanding long-distance effort against Hull City on the final day of the league season.

Sir Alex Ferguson says Gibson expects even more from the Irish central midfielder this season.

"Darron was one of the young players who emerged last season as a United first-team player," he told us.

"His appearance ratio did not really reflect the high regard in which we hold him, as he has constantly worked hard to challenge for a first team spot."

redrus

Really happy that Gibson has been given a new deal. he has worked hard with very few opportunities but when he did get them he showed he could develop into a very solid midfielder for United especially if Hargreaves falls by the wayside. Bring on the young uns and leave others to sign the overpaid, so called super stars.