Manchester United

redrus

<deleted>!

Sawadee Cap again Mr T :D

how's about we organize a nice football forum beer night in Bangkok for Christmas and New Year .

I've got to and am happy to buy BigToe a LARGE beer and hope some of the old original footie lads can join in aswell

:):D

Hi Scouse Mouse, YES I am in, what about a meet in Crossbar, all old members and New members welcome ???????

Will TRY and make a New Post for our Night,.

BT :D

Yeah, good idea. Will certainly catch up when I am back in town.

I am sure it has already been discussed but that was the worst performance I have seen in years from us.

3-5-2 with our only healthy defender on the wing? What the hel_l was that? Da laet, Carrick and Fletcher, give me a break.

No service to our front men from the midfield. Really noticing this since Carrick and Fletch have been forced to play in the back 3 or 4. Alot of flack at Scholes performance but on many occasions the back 3 panicked and gave him the ball with a defender on top of him.

For Crying out loud, quit starting Rooney alone up top or with Owen.

Injuries aside, I blame SAF for this piss ass result.

I am sure it has already been discussed but that was the worst performance I have seen in years from us.

3-5-2 with our only healthy defender on the wing? What the hel_l was that? Da laet, Carrick and Fletcher, give me a break.

No service to our front men from the midfield. Really noticing this since Carrick and Fletch have been forced to play in the back 3 or 4. Alot of flack at Scholes performance but on many occasions the back 3 panicked and gave him the ball with a defender on top of him.

Parts of that I agree with - and certainly in terms of performance it as bad as i have seen in a number of years, however all those that are quick to right off United are either extremely biased or plainly a piss poor judge of football. Clearly at the moment the problems are at the back, and with so many of the regular defenders out with injuries the rejigging of the defence is making United extremely vulnerable at the back. Fletcher and Carrick are players that can slot in temporarily at the back, but they are most certainly not players that you would want to start with, and i always felt that we would be vulnerable to Fulhams style of play with that particular defence. The question is, who do you play at the back at the moment?

Losing Fletcher from the middle, where he has been our main ball winner has been difficult, Anderson still continues to frustrate and does not impose himself enough to dictate the play - that was abundently clear on Saturday, and with Scholes mis firing United were totally over run in midfield -although Scholes really wasn't given the time or protection to do what he does best. Personally, I was surprised that Fergie chose to play Owen and Rooney up top against Fulham, where maybe considering the current injuries one up may have been more beneficial (will disagree with James on that point).

Anyway, it's all irrelevant now, Fergie may have ballsed it up this week - but he's not always going to get it right - I'd much rather have him than a muppet like Benitez :)

Parts of that I agree with - and certainly in terms of performance it as bad as i have seen in a number of years, however all those that are quick to right off United are either extremely biased or plainly a piss poor judge of football. Clearly at the moment the problems are at the back, and with so many of the regular defenders out with injuries the rejigging of the defence is making United extremely vulnerable at the back. Fletcher and Carrick are players that can slot in temporarily at the back, but they are most certainly not players that you would want to start with, and i always felt that we would be vulnerable to Fulhams style of play with that particular defence. The question is, who do you play at the back at the moment?

Losing Fletcher from the middle, where he has been our main ball winner has been difficult, Anderson still continues to frustrate and does not impose himself enough to dictate the play - that was abundently clear on Saturday, and with Scholes mis firing United were totally over run in midfield -although Scholes really wasn't given the time or protection to do what he does best. Personally, I was surprised that Fergie chose to play Owen and Rooney up top against Fulham, where maybe considering the current injuries one up may have been more beneficial (will disagree with James on that point).

Anyway, it's all irrelevant now, Fergie may have ballsed it up this week - but he's not always going to get it right - I'd much rather have him than a muppet like Benitez :)

Agree with your last point Toady but why not standard 4-4-2

da Laet Evra, Carrick, Fletch

Valencia, Scholes, Anderson, Obertan/Tosic (both dressed)

Rooney

Berbatov

I think Chelsea have missed the boat more than us...in our current state i think weve done better than we maybe should have whilst Chelsea with almost a full squad to choose from have stumbled when they could have pretty much sewn the league up by now....Chelsea should be over the hill really.

In a strange sort of way i think our managment may well be more satisfied with the table than the chelsea one all things considered...baring in mind fergies said all along if were within touching distance come new year we have a great chance....and looking at the way this season has gone added to the fact the african nations is just around the corner 4 points is very much within touching distance.

The worst injury crisis in Fergie's career and we still pick up more points than any other top teams.

If you look at the last six games, its not a bad record with all the injuries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea W3 L1 D2 11 points

Arsenal W3 L2 D1 10 points

Liverpool W2 L2 D2 8 points

Manchester United W4 L2 D0 12 points

keep the faith

merry christmas to all and lets hope we can pick up number 19 in May :)

Agree with your last point Toady but why not standard 4-4-2

da Laet Evra, Carrick, Fletch

Valencia, Scholes, Anderson, Obertan/Tosic (both dressed)

Rooney

Berbatov

Why not Fabio da Silva in the back four which would allow Fletcher to be in his natural position Right midfiled. Da Silva played part of the game the other night and was full of running,on the right side ,should have been on from the start. I cant see Park or Nani playing many games they are simply not good enough. Park might be energetic and sell lots of shirts back in Korea but for hiis own sake and the team time to move on.

I'm in THAILAND now............................. :)

Will be in BKK in 10 days or so, after the New Year, anyone around...?

redrus

Yep, should be in BKK - and pretty sure BT, Fletch, Macanello and Scousemouse will be around.

I'm in THAILAND now............................. :)

Will be in BKK in 10 days or so, after the New Year, anyone around...?

redrus

Yep, should be in BKK - and pretty sure BT, Fletch, Macanello and Scousemouse will be around.

Sorted.

Am with the Mrs and my cousin too also, on budget travel as really really didn't realise how expensive it'd got out here but, will def be there and will post a more firm date asap.

redrus :D

Scrappy win.

We are not playing anywhere near our best and we are 2nd in the league.

Thought park did well when he came on,valencia had a off day.

What a player rooney is carried us through that game,as at least half of our team had off days.

Scrappy win.

What a player rooney is carried us through that game,as at least half of our team had off days.

You were indeed lucky and could have had players sent off and concede a penalty. But fact is you won 3-1. Fair play

Scrappy win.

You were indeed lucky and could have had players sent off and concede a penalty. But fact is you won 3-1. Fair play

My first thought was a penalty,but if you look closely he stands on the ball,but wes brown was very lucky.

Not a great game but will take the win.

Despite what SAF has been saying in the press we need some fresh faces in Jan.

A CB - not looking good for Rio

Creative central midfielder that can penetrate.

Big CF - saw the Dzeko or however you spell it the other day in Wolfsburg match, he would do nicely or someone of his ilk.

Goalie - Tomas doesn't make me or any of our defenders confident.

Big CF - saw the Dzeko or however you spell it the other day in Wolfsburg match, he would do nicely or someone of his ilk.

I'd agree with you on that James, it is quite clear that we need some extra ingredients. How we could do with Pique now at the present time. As far a midfielder, United have been linked with end number of players - Fabergas would be ideal (but sadly unlikely).. Striker wise, yes some one with a bit more presence is clearly needed - be interesting to see if he looks at an English player (Cole, Bent) or an overseas one if he does.

Forgot to mention that there is the guy at Molde Mame Biram Diouf, who will be back at United for January - if he he is anywhere half as good as the last player to come from Molde, then he'll be a superb addition. :)

Anyway it was 3 points and that is all that matters, and BTW Wiley the ref is <deleted> -and Hull should have had a penalty.

Edited by mrtoad

I'd agree with you on that James, it is quite clear that we need some extra ingredients. How we could do with Pique now at the present time. As far a midfielder, United have been linked with end number of players - Fabergas would be ideal (but sadly unlikely).. Striker wise, yes some one with a bit more presence is clearly needed - be interesting to see if he looks at an English player (Cole, Bent) or an overseas one if he does.

Forgot to mention that there is the guy at Molde Mame Biram Diouf, who will be back at United for January - if he he is anywhere half as good as the last player to come from Molde, then he'll be a superb addition. :)

Anyway it was 3 points and that is all that matters, and BTW Wiley the ref is <deleted> -and Hull should have had a penalty.

We need to give this new guy a nickname. For obvious reasons his last name wont do as it reminds of that moron at Blackburn and his first name is a bit too feminine 'mammy' and his middle name reminds me of Issan.

MBD?

Wiley is still fat.

James we have no money we are skint,the 80 mill from ronaldo has gone to pay off debt.

We are stuck with what we have got,just hope some of our players who have been playing very average step up as this league is very winable thisseason.

James we have no money we are skint,the 80 mill from ronaldo has gone to pay off debt.

We are stuck with what we have got,just hope some of our players who have been playing very average step up as this league is very winable thisseason.

For a minute there I thought I posted in the LP thread and Stevie was replying.

Forgot to mention that there is the guy at Molde Mame Biram Diouf, who will be back at United for January - if he he is anywhere half as good as the last player to come from Molde, then he'll be a superb addition. :D

Strange that Berbatov's not doing it for you chaps, i thought he would link well with Rooney, to be fair i don't think the change of hair style has hepled him :D

Anyway not too worry it's only 24m pounds down the drain :)

Forgot to mention that there is the guy at Molde Mame Biram Diouf, who will be back at United for January - if he he is anywhere half as good as the last player to come from Molde, then he'll be a superb addition. :D

Strange that Berbatov's not doing it for you chaps, i thought he would link well with Rooney, to be fair i don't think the change of hair style has hepled him :D

I would suggest he is doing better than Keane and Pav put together. :D

I would suggest he is doing better than Keane and Pav put together. :D

Did'nt think Pav was even playing....with Keane it's questionable!!

On a rather sombre note Edwin Van der Sar is with his wife who is seriously ill in a hospital in Holland.It is suspected that she suffered a brain haemorrahge prior to Christmas. Edwin ,of course , has been given indefinate leave to be with his wife and family

Could you not re-mortgage your stadium........oh, wait a minute, you've already done that :D

At least we own ours and, haven't had the British tax payer pay for it....! :)

redrus