Manchester United

redrus

My prediction is :-

Ole Solskjaer will be back playing again at Old Trafford soon.

:)

How do I know ?

The Reds' 1999 European Cup winning goal hero will link up with two more of the famous Treble-winning front quartet in United's Big Red Family Day Out at Old Trafford on May 1. Solskjaer will be on duty for an All-Star United line-up with his '99 goal buddies Dwight Yorke and Andrew Cole.

More here :-

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...e_up__solskjaer

I think the point is Fergie miscalculated Tevez's importance to the squad post-Ronaldo, allowing the bad feeling and misunderstandings about his value to fester, to the stage where he wanted to leave.

He believed he should be starting every game. But the times when he did, he often didn't deliver. Fergie saw him more as an impact player to come off the bench, a bit like OGS. Tevez didn't agree. Tevez wasn't the manager. He could have kept his head down and fought for his position but instead he sulked and moaned and tried to put the manager under pressure by using his popularity with the fans during the contract negotiations.

Too much of an ego. Unless a player can perform like Ronaldo, big egos don't fit at United.

I think the point is Fergie miscalculated Tevez's importance to the squad post-Ronaldo, allowing the bad feeling and misunderstandings about his value to fester, to the stage where he wanted to leave.

He believed he should be starting every game. But the times when he did, he often didn't deliver. Fergie saw him more as an impact player to come off the bench, a bit like OGS. Tevez didn't agree. Tevez wasn't the manager. He could have kept his head down and fought for his position but instead he sulked and moaned and tried to put the manager under pressure by using his popularity with the fans during the contract negotiations.

Too much of an ego. Unless a player can perform like Ronaldo, big egos don't fit at United.

Was'nt it big ego's like Ronaldo that totally screwed your gameplan in the CL final...

Was'nt it big ego's like Ronaldo that totally screwed your gameplan in the CL final...

What's your point exactly? Ronaldo has a big ego? Big egos aren't good? We were right to sell Ronaldo? Tevez was a <deleted>? (OK, the last one i added for my own pleasure)

What's your point exactly? Ronaldo has a big ego? Big egos aren't good? We were right to sell Ronaldo? Tevez was a <deleted>? (OK, the last one i added for my own pleasure)

I think my point is, firstly, even a big ego like that ponce Ronaldo isn't a good fit sometimes, and unfortunately, whether Utd fans care to admit it or not, if Sir had kept Tevez, you probably would have already won the title, instead of being very average by your own high standards and potless.

(No jibes recquired about Tottenham as i am well aware of our limitations :) ) :D

I think my point is, firstly, even a big ego like that ponce Ronaldo isn't a good fit sometimes,

But at the end of the day, the positives with Ronaldo outweighed the negatives. Nobody is perfect. :)

and unfortunately, whether Utd fans care to admit it or not, if Sir had kept Tevez, you probably would have already won the title, instead of being very average by your own high standards and potless.

Had he loved the club and wanted to stay all of what you are saying would be making sense.

I think my point is, firstly, even a big ego like that ponce Ronaldo isn't a good fit sometimes,

But at the end of the day, the positives with Ronaldo outweighed the negatives. Nobody is perfect. :)

That's not entirely true Rix.... :D

TEVEZ : " I'M NO DENIS LAW "

Carlos Tevez has referred to the possibility of one of his goals condemning West Ham to relegation as 'unthinkable'.

Former Hammer Tevez - who was part of the team that achieved the 'Great Escape' to avoid relegation in 2006/07 - returns to the Boleyn Ground on the final day of the Premier League season when his current side, Manchester City visit London.

It is a game that the Citizens may have to win in order to guarantee a Champions League spot - and also one that West Ham may need to win in order to avoid relegation. But should it come to that, Tevez insists that his will not be the goal to send United into the Championship.

"It is unthinkable that I will score a goal that will send West Ham to relegation," he told the Daily Mail. "To score such a goal against them would change my history with them.

"Their supporters feel football; they are passionate, these people invested great support in me. When the game comes, I hope City have already secured fourth place and West Ham are safe. That is the best I hope for."

Tevez, who has scored 22 league goals in 28 starts for City this season - also revealed during the interview that he would love to return to the Boleyn one day as a player. "I wish to play for West Ham again before I finish my career," he admitted. "I have some unfinished business there."

* Denis Law is famously credited as being the player who condemned former club Manchester United to relegation in 1974 after he switched sides to join Man City (although had he not scored the only goal in City's 1-0 win United would still have been relegated).

Click

to see the Goal. Edited by MSingh

Carlos Tevez has referred to the possibility of one of his goals condemning West Ham to relegation as 'unthinkable'.

Former Hammer Tevez - who was part of the team that achieved the 'Great Escape' to avoid relegation in 2006/07 - returns to the Boleyn Ground on the final day of the Premier League season when his current side, Manchester City visit London.

It is a game that the Citizens may have to win in order to guarantee a Champions League spot - and also one that West Ham may need to win in order to avoid relegation. But should it come to that, Tevez insists that his will not be the goal to send United into the Championship.

"It is unthinkable that I will score a goal that will send West Ham to relegation," he told the Daily Mail. "To score such a goal against them would change my history with them.

"Their supporters feel football; they are passionate, these people invested great support in me. When the game comes, I hope City have already secured fourth place and West Ham are safe. That is the best I hope for."

Tevez, who has scored 22 league goals in 28 starts for City this season - also revealed during the interview that he would love to return to the Boleyn one day as a player. "I wish to play for West Ham again before I finish my career," he admitted. "I have some unfinished business there."

* Denis Law is famously credited as being the player who condemned former club Manchester United to relegation in 1974 after he switched sides to join Man City (although had he not scored the only goal in City's 1-0 win United would still have been relegated).

Click

to see the Goal.

The lad should put aside all this sentimental crap aside and concentrate his efforts on bringing success to the club that pays his wages - not of course that i wish him or his club any success you understand. :D

Click

to see the Goal.

The lad should put aside all this sentimental crap aside and concentrate his efforts on bringing success to the club that pays his wages - not of course that i wish him or his club any success you understand. :D

Hhaahah, i think even Mr BJ & J&D would say he's done more than alright for them so far this Year Rix to be honest.. :D

:) ..Jeez I hope that's the end of that discussion.

Anybody got anything else to talk about ? :D

Man United Reseves beat Liverpool reseves.

Or what ever happened Owen Hargreaves and his supposed comeback ?

Will Paul Scholes play for Oldham ?

What colour boots will Nani play in next week ?

Where is everybody ? Are we up for this game today lads ?

Let's give those Sky Blue Citizens something to moan about.

"What's the Time Fergie ?"

Yes Ken up for it tonight at the Crossbar with all and sundry against us AS USUAL :D

Still 2-3 will make it a good night for me at least ( as my prediction :D )

BT :D

PS I hope Mr Bo - Jangles all the way home crying ( again) :)

Where is everybody ? Are we up for this game today lads ?

Let's give those Sky Blue Citizens something to moan about.

"What's the Time Fergie ?"

Yes Ken up for it tonight at the Crossbar with all and sundry against us AS USUAL :D

Still 2-3 will make it a good night for me at least ( as my prediction :D )

BT :D

PS I hope Mr Bo - Jangles all the way home crying ( again) :)

Sorry I wont be at the Crossbar this evening , as someone has to run the Nai Yang Beach chapter of the Manchester United Phuket supporters club... :D

Hey Ken,

Yeah, looking forward to the encounter. Pressure is off to some extent in that the title bid is over unless Chelsea lose so hope we go out and play our style with freedom. Hope we get at them from the get-go and score early so they start to doubt themselves. Our defence will need to be at its best because they can break like few other teams can.

Red card for Tevez and a goal in injury time for us would be nice - not the winner though as my heart couldn't take that!

As always, and banter aside, may the best team win.

Red card for Tevez and a goal in injury time for us would be nice - not the winner though as my heart couldn't take that!

Well what do you know... i got my wish of an injury time goal although no consideration given to my heart!

We created the best clear cut chances but they looked more dangerous going forward. Their defence was surprisingly solid and made things very tight in the final third. A draw would have been a fair result but thank goodness for a final bit of ginger magic.

Subsitutions: both Berba and Nani brought something to the game which was good, although crucially failed to score once again. What i'd give to be bringing on Owen in the closing stages instead. For City, i couldn't work out why they brought on Viera. Perhaps some height in the box for set pieces? I think they would have been better bringing on Ireland - certainly would have worried me more - but perhaps they favoured a more conservative strategy.

With Chelsea losing there is suddenly hope, although looking at the fixtures the pessimistic side of me feels it might turn out to be false. They only have one tricky game left against Liverpool and they have nothing much to play for - and of course the last thing the scousers want to do is help us to the title. Wouldn't be surprised if they rest some key players and let Chelsea dominate and have their way.

Still, at least it keeps things interesting. All we can do is win and see what it brings. Looking at the run that Spurs are on, that will be difficult.

Anyway, let's enjoy the moment without worrying about that for the time-being. :)

Well Rix you called the goal in extra time so well done ( smile ) and Chelski losing as well BRILL. PS Two new Man Utd fans in Crossbar last night so a Great Night ........

BT

Yep BT - great night! Didn't even need Fergie time! :)

Geeeeeeeeeet IIIIN.....!!!!! :)

Wondered how long it'd be before we saw your ugly mush again :D

My birthday weekend mate, thank you so much for your kind gift..... :D

:D

redrus

Manchester United's Reserves are Champions of the Barclays Premier Reserve League North

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Warren Joyce's side were mathematically crowned on Tuesday evening when Liverpool, the only remaining side who could catch the table topping Reds, lost to Everton.

Well Done Ole, Warren & the Lads... :)

Story in the papers today saying Milan thinking of making a 20m swoop for Berba! If we could get something in that region and bring in Villa what brilliant business that would be.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6105282,00.html

Lets hope so Rix...you never know though he could score the goal that wins us the league and become a hero??

I have just awoke. :)