Manchester United

redrus

I was surprised by Fergies team selection.....playing Berbatov and Carrick instead of Hernandez and Fletcher.

Berbatov nearly always goes missing on the big away matches and surely Fletcher was needed as a defensive midfielder to protect Smalling and Brown with both Vidic and Ferdinand absent.

Carrick is another luxury player who,other than his first season,has been pretty mediocre.

And,in the last season or so,what has happened to the lovely passing style United had when Carlos Queiroz was Fergies no.2 ??

The era is finishing for Man u.Scholes was awful again and Giggs loses the ball to much.Great servants but past it now.

Lol quality post....no wonder i have given up on here :bah:

I was surprised by Fergies team selection.....playing Berbatov and Carrick instead of Hernandez and Fletcher.

Berbatov nearly always goes missing on the big away matches and surely Fletcher was needed as a defensive midfielder to protect Smalling and Brown with both Vidic and Ferdinand absent.

Carrick is another luxury player who,other than his first season,has been pretty mediocre.

And,in the last season or so,what has happened to the lovely passing style United had when Carlos Queiroz was Fergies no.2 ??

He must of took it with him eh?? ;)

What nobody has mentioned is the fact we had our central defensive pairing out surely it is not rocket science for all you ABU'S to understand that any team would struggle without there 2 main centre-halfs

It warms my heart to see ok to ordinary players like Carrick (29yo) and Fletcher (27yo) sign long term contracts for the Reds.

Not the stuff to make you a generationally great team lads. What with Giggsy (ok he is still top class) and Scholes I reckon your average age next year will be pushing 28. Arsenal 23/24. All Arsenal need is a great manager like SAF and a good on-field leader like you guys usually have (and like Arsenal had until Wenger came onboard with his silly egalite fraternite froggy ideals :lol:)

It just gets better!

United top of the league and the best of it is ....we know how <deleted> we have been all season :D the thing is you are below us and the old men of course...this post should be saved for next weekend mate :lol:

It warms my heart to see ok to ordinary players like Carrick (29yo) and Fletcher (27yo) sign long term contracts for the Reds.

Not the stuff to make you a generationally great team lads. What with Giggsy (ok he is still top class) and Scholes I reckon your average age next year will be pushing 28. Arsenal 23/24. All Arsenal need is a great manager like SAF and a good on-field leader like you guys usually have (and like Arsenal had until Wenger came onboard with his silly egalite fraternite froggy ideals :lol:)

It just gets better!

United top of the league and the best of it is ....we know how <deleted> we have been all season :D the thing is you are below us and the old men of course...this post should be saved for next weekend mate :lol:

Those glasses make you see red too quickly Red. Read it again - you might find a bit of balance in it; we're not all Man U haters out there :whistling:.

Anyway I have an inkling that next weekend FA cup tie is going to be more a competition to see who can lose that game. Don't believe me? Watch for the team selections. I might be off beam but I'll be interested to see what the relative strategies are.

What nobody has mentioned is the fact we had our central defensive pairing out surely it is not rocket science for all you ABU'S to understand that any team would struggle without there 2 main centre-halfs

it's been mentioned plenty. and ferguson should have compensated by playing three in midfield in front of the reserve centre back pairing, but he ballsed it up.

liverpool didn't have its first-choice centre back pairing either, agger out and carragher forced to play at fullback for the majority of the match. but yeah, united were without a few very key men - most teams would struggle without the likes of ferdinand, vidic and howard webb.

it's been mentioned plenty. and ferguson should have compensated by playing three in midfield in front of the reserve centre back pairing, but he ballsed it up.

liverpool didn't have its first-choice centre back pairing either, agger out and carragher forced to play at fullback for the majority of the match. but yeah, united were without a few very key men - most teams would struggle without the likes of ferdinand, vidic and howard webb.

hang on there stevie - I understand you are 14-0 with Mr. Phil in charge at Anfield - spin that webb would ya? could ya? will ya?

EY UP LET"S SUP!B)

hang on there stevie - I understand you are 14-0 with Mr. Phil in charge at Anfield - spin that webb would ya? could ya? will ya?

good home record. can't remember dowd giving us any particularly glaring favouritism when he's reffed us. should probably have sent carragher off on sunday but i can understand why he didn't.

good home record. can't remember dowd giving us any particularly glaring favouritism when he's reffed us. should probably have sent carragher off on sunday but i can understand why he didn't.

So can i. He probably thinks Nani is a <deleted> aswell.

So can i. He probably thinks Nani is a <deleted> aswell.

I think is one for heading the ball back into the 6 yard box straight to Kuyt - maybe he is on the take?

Rooney always plays well against the Arse,he will be starting on the wing i think tonight so hopefully Hernandez gets the nod up front with Bungle.

Glad to see Vidic back and a big performance from carrick is expected.

a big performance from carrick is expected.

No need to say anything here. Who's replacing him at half time? :unsure:

:D

only the old man Scholesy.....to be fair Gibson was outstanding tonight and he showed why he got the nod ahead of a few others.

I had word from a mate that Valencia was on the bench but i didn't want to sound as if i was in the know lol. :whistling: nice to see him back after that injury and he looked sharp too!

Great courage i thought the manager showed to have picked that team sheet, especially after the week the team has just had. Just imagine what the papers and all the rest would have been saying had we lost.

With seven defenders starting it just goes to show that there is more than one way to skin a cat. Wenger should take note.

PLEASE change your mind Edwin..... :jap:

redrus

says a lot about having a decent keeper, doesn't it ?

probably been your most valuable player this season and the reason your are still in a good position to still challenge for 3 trophies. he made some fine saves yesterday and at critical times in the game.

just wonder if finally the penny's dropped with Wenger after seeing a good solid defensive display and a fine goal keeping performance from VDS last night.

Edited by tigerfish

redrus

probably been your most valuable player this season and the reason your are still in a good position to still challenge for 3 trophies. he made some fine saves yesterday and at critical times in the game.

just wonder if finally the penny's dropped with Wenger after seeing a good solid defensive display and a fine goal keeping performance from VDS last night.

I understand your frustration T'fish but i don't think the penny is ever going tp drop with Wenger.

Heres a question. If you don't win the league or atleast take it to the wire do you think Wenger will be asked to consider his position?

redrus

I understand your frustration T'fish but i don't think the penny is ever going tp drop with Wenger.

Heres a question. If you don't win the league or atleast take it to the wire do you think Wenger will be asked to consider his position?

No, he suits fully teh Arsenal Boards idea of spending little or no money..

I can't imagine many other " good " Managers doing that, that would consistently qualify for the CL & challenege for Honours, even if they don't actually get any at the moment, could you ??

Benitez >> Mourinho etc..

Edited by MSingh

Carrick, MOwen and Nani all back in training. Also, just back from Germany, Owen Hargreaves is also training, this really really must be thee very last chance so, all my personal best wishes and positive thoughts from me and I'm sure just about everyone in the football world go out to the lad.... :jap:

Source; Sky.

redrus

^

Stop bloody whining you Two.... :rolleyes:

Manchester United Agree £25m Deal 'In Principle' for Jack Rodwell

Posted on 14 March 2011 sportsvibe.co.uk

Manchester United appear to have agreed a deal in principle to take versatile Everton star Jack Rodwell to Old Trafford when the transfer window opens in the summer.

Just two weeks ago Sportsvibe revealed that United were ready to sanction a £100 million summer spending spree as they attempted to bring the likes of Ashley Young, Gareth Bale, Jordan Henderson and Maarten Stekelenburg to the club.

Another name on the list was Everton starlet Rodwell who has quickly established himself as one of the best young talents in the Premier League thanks to a string of impressive performances for the Toffees.

Rodwell first made his debut for Everton when he was just 16 years and 284 days old and has gathered a reputation as a powerful defensive midfielder who also has the ability to play at centre-half.

United enquired about the 20-year-old in January but were unable to complete a deal and were told to come back in the summer with an improved offer.

According to reports in The Sun, United will offer Everton £25m for the versatile England youth international as Sir Alex Ferguson attempts to rebuild his side for next season.

United know that Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs only have one-year left at the club while defensive midfielder Owen Hargreaves is set to be shipped out after failing to recover from injury.

Despite Ferguson also offering Michael Carrick a new contract, it seems the experienced Scot sees Rodwell as the future of the United midfield as he attempts to bring even more signings to Manchester.

Ashley Young is desperate to secure a move to Old Trafford and it is rumoured that United may attempt to secure the services of the England winger with a bid of £15m.

Ferguson has also reiterated his desire for young loan stars Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley to return to the club next season and fight for a place in the first team.

#

redrus

^

Stop bloody whining you Two.... :rolleyes:

Manchester United Agree £25m Deal 'In Principle' for Jack Rodwell

Posted on 14 March 2011 sportsvibe.co.uk

Manchester United appear to have agreed a deal in principle to take versatile Everton star Jack Rodwell to Old Trafford when the transfer window opens in the summer.

Just two weeks ago Sportsvibe revealed that United were ready to sanction a £100 million summer spending spree as they attempted to bring the likes of Ashley Young, Gareth Bale, Jordan Henderson and Maarten Stekelenburg to the club.

Another name on the list was Everton starlet Rodwell who has quickly established himself as one of the best young talents in the Premier League thanks to a string of impressive performances for the Toffees.

Rodwell first made his debut for Everton when he was just 16 years and 284 days old and has gathered a reputation as a powerful defensive midfielder who also has the ability to play at centre-half.

United enquired about the 20-year-old in January but were unable to complete a deal and were told to come back in the summer with an improved offer.

According to reports in The Sun, United will offer Everton £25m for the versatile England youth international as Sir Alex Ferguson attempts to rebuild his side for next season.

United know that Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs only have one-year left at the club while defensive midfielder Owen Hargreaves is set to be shipped out after failing to recover from injury.

Despite Ferguson also offering Michael Carrick a new contract, it seems the experienced Scot sees Rodwell as the future of the United midfield as he attempts to bring even more signings to Manchester.

Ashley Young is desperate to secure a move to Old Trafford and it is rumoured that United may attempt to secure the services of the England winger with a bid of £15m.

Ferguson has also reiterated his desire for young loan stars Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley to return to the club next season and fight for a place in the first team.

#

redrus

Has the world gone mad,25,000,000 quid for at best an average player,defies logic.

Has the world gone mad,25,000,000 quid for at best an average player,defies logic.

Erm................ Rodwell > Carroll....., Carroll = 32 million.....! :whistling:

redrus