Manchester United

redrus

I always had my doubts about Ferguson.

but that was as a player. As a manager he is one of the best of all time. Being out of the CL only helps their EPL chances - write them off at your peril.

A non-United fan :jap:

Ah yes playing Thursday/Sunday will do them the world of good.

I hope its an all Manchester final! biggrin.gif

I always had my doubts about Ferguson.

but that was as a player. As a manager he is one of the best of all time. Being out of the CL only helps their EPL chances - write them off at your peril.

A non-United fan :jap:

Ah yes playing Thursday/Sunday will do them the world of good.

I hope its an all Manchester final! biggrin.gif

Actually I forgot about the Europa League. I reckon Fergie will use that to give some of his younger players some experience thereby not impacting on the Sunday performance.

All Manchester final in Bucharest would be fun :jap:

..future looks bright.

:lol: MrB, how could you!!!

Future has no defined time limit but wouldn't expect you to know that :rolleyes:

Strangely enough, as an economist, we tend to disagree on the basis that in the 'long run' we are all dead.

Everything of course is easy in hindsight but with the mounting injury woes and elimination I think SAF will be privately admonishing himself that he didn't get into the market for an experienced midfielder. While you will pay over the odds the penalty for not making the Champions League knockout stage can be measured in millions of quid.Jones ,Park and Giggs as a midfield IMHO is never going to win you a game. Uniteds recent demise has also coincided with Rooneys inabilty to put the ball in the net and in the last 10 EPL games not more than 1 goal has been scored by United.Worrying is the loss of Vidic, looks like a minimum 3 months with medial ligament damage. Would not be at all surprised to see SAF asking Scholsey to come back and to help get them through the Christmas /New Year break.

We keep playing push it to the wings and crossing it hoping that rooney can outjump 6 foot+ defenders. Hardly a recipe for goals. Add park as our 2nd striker behind wayne and it's woefully predictable at the moment.

Counter attacking football is great when you are up but hopeless when you are not.

I have been saying for 3 years that we need a physical cf with wayne and co picking up the headers.

A crossing game demands some size in the middle-and I don't mean andy carrol.

Everything of course is easy in hindsight but with the mounting injury woes and elimination I think SAF will be privately admonishing himself that he didn't get into the market for an experienced midfielder. While you will pay over the odds the penalty for not making the Champions League knockout stage can be measured in millions of quid.Jones ,Park and Giggs as a midfield IMHO is never going to win you a game. Uniteds recent demise has also coincided with Rooneys inabilty to put the ball in the net and in the last 10 EPL games not more than 1 goal has been scored by United.Worrying is the loss of Vidic, looks like a minimum 3 months with medial ligament damage. Would not be at all surprised to see SAF asking Scholsey to come back and to help get them through the Christmas /New Year break.

Still I think Ferguson made a good decision giving Wesley Sneijder a miss. He has only played 6 league matches so far this year and is becoming increasingly injury prone.

Why stop there Sparkles?

I hear Beckham is a free agent...maybe Butt could dust off his boots an' all! biggrin.gif

Rooney should of scored! As Rednapp once said " My miss' would of scored that one".

That doesnt hide the fact that United are mediocre in the center of the park. This debate has been going on since the start of the season. Jones looks ok there but he is a defender, Anderson is up and down (generally down!) Giggs is obviously not the future! Carrick (never done enough imho) Cleverly looks good but is unproven over a season and im surprised Fletcher didnt start.

I have to add that United have the weakest midfield i have seen since i started supporting them.(28yrs) It is weaker than most sides in the top 7.

Too add to the Rooney debate he has been a bit quiet on the scoring front but to reply to the 1 in 10 statement, 2 of them were played in CM. Also in europe when we play one up front he looks completely isolated.

This could be a bad year for United! Maybe if he tries to sign someone in the January transfer window we might be able to get out of this hole, but i think he will take the stubborn approach and stick with what we've got. Also if somebody is available you will have to pay top dollar and considering we have just lost out on a reported 40 million it seems unviable.

I think Lindergaard should be given the nod in goal. De gea looks a quality keeper but maybe he is a little young and some of his mistakes earlier in the season have been covered up by us winning.

Hopefully we will go back to 4-4-2 with Wellbeck getting the nod until Chicharito is fit again.

Anyway my rant over.

Rooney should of scored! As Rednapp once said " My miss' would of scored that one".

That doesnt hide the fact that United are mediocre in the center of the park. This debate has been going on since the start of the season. Jones looks ok there but he is a defender, Anderson is up and down (generally down!) Giggs is obviously not the future! Carrick (never done enough imho) Cleverly looks good but is unproven over a season and im surprised Fletcher didnt start.

I have to add that United have the weakest midfield i have seen since i started supporting them.(28yrs) It is weaker than most sides in the top 7.

Too add to the Rooney debate he has been a bit quiet on the scoring front but to reply to the 1 in 10 statement, 2 of them were played in CM. Also in europe when we play one up front he looks completely isolated.

This could be a bad year for United! Maybe if he tries to sign someone in the January transfer window we might be able to get out of this hole, but i think he will take the stubborn approach and stick with what we've got. Also if somebody is available you will have to pay top dollar and considering we have just lost out on a reported 40 million it seems unviable.

I think Lindergaard should be given the nod in goal. De gea looks a quality keeper but maybe he is a little young and some of his mistakes earlier in the season have been covered up by us winning.

Hopefully we will go back to 4-4-2 with Wellbeck getting the nod until Chicharito is fit again.

Anyway my rant over.

Sandra Redknapp is apparently a demon in the six yard box :o

I think Sir Red Nose will be very thankful they are at home to Wolves this weekend. I really don't think they would want a tough away game in their rather fragile state. The Vidic injury must be his worst nightmare, second only to losing Rooney. Mindyou your best striker at the moment is sweet pea.

Edited by carmine

The Europa Cup is a fantastic tournament jap.gif to win that is! biggrin.gif

That's the spirit! laugh.gif

The spirit will always be with us,i can see three very big games against the bitters on the horizon.....and we are still in three comps so as long as we start performing to the level we started the season ,we will be ok.

The Europa Cup is a fantastic tournament jap.gif to win that is! biggrin.gif

That's the spirit! laugh.gif

The spirit will always be with us,i can see three very big games against the bitters on the horizon.....and we are still in three comps so as long as we start performing to the level we started the season ,we will be ok.

What about your shaky midfield? Is Sparkles right about Scholes then? biggrin.gif

Smokes if you check back at my posts you will know that i said we are not good enough for the Champions League this season we do not have the cutting edge required to unlock the best teams and really have not played up to the standard needed to go any further,it is best we take the pain now than prolong the inevitable.

The Europa League is an easier comp to win for us but it is still a hard one now you have got rid of the chaff,i still do not agree that teams should lose in one comp and be put in another one,Platini spouting about Ferguson is rich when it is obvious they try to make the cup more glamorous by injecting the losers from the Champions League.....the best thing now for the competition is taht United and City are involved!

As for United's midfield we are short in the middle of an attacking midfielder that's all really,no dramas we will just have to wait until the United scouting team taps a great one up as it looks like Cleverly is injury prone and the youngsters are not ready to step into the 1st team.

Ferguson has made some mistakes this season then again he makes mistakes every season,our form is there for all to see and we are second in the league....we can get better and will fortunately we have a ready made replacement for Vidic and Rooney needs to settle down again and start scoring like he was .....you know all them months ago! wink.gif Wellbeck will start with him against Wolves and i think they will both score nobody can underestimate the effect confidence has on a team that was battered by City a month ago.

Like i have always said come the new year and lets see what happens when the going gets tough.

Yes it does seem an eternity since Utd's 8-2 thrashing of Arsenal.

Vidic's injury is a major blow in a similar manner as Lucas for LFC.

Look at his stats very solid - about the best in the League I would guess. Also with injuries to the twins you become dependent on Evans, Jones or Smalling who simply dont have the same pedigree.

<a class=post-23517-0-06375500-1323508587_thumb.j' alt='post-23517-0-06375500-1323508587_thumb.j'>

Yes take your point Abrak but you must concede that Ferguson still does not know his best defensive unit due to injuries.. they have played everywhere.Have we plated the same defense in consecutive games? i think not.

Hopefully Jones is now put in the centre with Ferdinand and Smalling will pick up at full back with Evra.

Jones is class .....Smalling is going to be great for United.

Jones or Smalling who simply dont have the same pedigree.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............. :cheesy:

Same pedigree as who for Goodness sake.....? Smalling and Jones especially have the pedigree to be thee best central defenders in the world for years and years to come .... Stats may give you the information you need for your balanced argument but, you lose your actual real life vision and, dare I say, common sense in that argument...! :rolleyes:

redrus

Same pedigree as who for Goodness sake.....? Smalling and Jones especially have the pedigree to be thee best central defenders in the world for years and years to come .... Stats may give you the information you need for your balanced argument but, you lose your actual real life vision and, dare I say, common sense in that argument...! :rolleyes:

redrus

Actually you are simply confusing two entirely separate arguments.

You are confusing their 'potential' with 'reality'. I am in no way indicating that either Vidic (and especially Ferdinand) will become 'the best defenders in the future' 'for years and years' because their prospect is 'retirement'. However, you are confusing what might be in the future to what is actually now.

If you actually compare Vidic to Smalling or Jones you will see that he currently outperforms them both in terms of quality and quantity over virtually all parameters. In some cases, it is quite dramatic. Say on the basis that Jones loses possession at least '8 times' as frequently as either Vidic or Ferdinand.

To be honest, for you to state that it requires common sense to realize that in the future Jones and Smalling will be far better players than two very much older players (or that they have more potential) sets an incredibly low bar for what you might apparently mean by 'sense' in the first place.

redrus

You are confusing their 'potential' with 'reality'. I am in no way indicating that either Vidic (and especially Ferdinand) will become 'the best defenders in the future' 'for years and years' because their prospect is 'retirement'. However, you are confusing what might be in the future to what is actually now.

If you actually compare Vidic to Smalling or Jones you will see that he currently outperforms them both in terms of quality and quantity over virtually all parameters. In some cases, it is quite dramatic. Say on the basis that Jones loses possession at least '8 times' as frequently as either Vidic or Ferdinand.

To be honest, for you to state that it requires common sense to realize that in the future Jones and Smalling will be far better players than two very much older players (or that they have more potential) sets an incredibly low bar for what you might apparently mean by 'sense' in the first place.

Absolute, total and utter tosh...!! Your stats can't say a great deal, Jones is in his first season with us and is 19 years old. Smalling is a year older and in his second, both have played, more often than not out of position, Jones completely so..!

I confuse nothing and believe you enter into a "stats" battle to try and WUM people into an argument, friendly banter or some such other banal self entertainment.

Potential is what it is... Jones and Smalling have it in spades, while unfortunately Evans, has very little.

So, back to your stats..... I've watched United for 30 years and, can quite honestly say, I have never ever seen two with more promise, potential whatever you wanna call it, stats will never ever change what I see with my eyes. So, in that context, in my mind I can compare them with who ever I like, I don't need your stats, as illuminating as you may find them...!!!

Vidic probably outperforms most defenders on the planet so, a statistical battle with 2 young lads played constantly out of position is, futile..!

I set my bar low.... Try harder next time sonny... :rolleyes:

redrus

1323614813[/url]' post='4905913']
1323611220[/url]' post='4905805']
1323608019[/url]' post='4905690']

redrus

Absolute, total and utter tosh...!! Your stats can't say a great deal, Jones is in his first season with us and is 19 years old. Smalling is a year older and in his second, both have played, more often than not out of position, Jones completely so..!

I confuse nothing and believe you enter into a "stats" battle to try and WUM people into an argument, friendly banter or some such other banal self entertainment.

Potential is what it is... Jones and Smalling have it in spades, while unfortunately Evans, has very little.

So, back to your stats..... I've watched United for 30 years and, can quite honestly say, I have never ever seen two with more promise, potential whatever you wanna call it, stats will never ever change what I see with my eyes. So, in that context, in my mind I can compare them with who ever I like, I don't need your stats, as illuminating as you may find them...!!!

Vidic probably outperforms most defenders on the planet so, a statistical battle with 2 young lads played constantly out of position is, futile..!

redrus

Jones seems to everything a modern defender should have, pace, strength, great controll. He can attack, defend and seems to have a maturity of players older than itself on the pitch. He will be a massive player for England.

redrus

redrus

Jones seems to everything a modern defender should have, pace, strength, great controll. He can attack, defend and seems to have a maturity of players older than itself on the pitch. He will be a massive player for England.

fucccck eeenglaan sssyou ssouse scunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1323641869[/url]' post='4906344']

Abby and dev, the only stats concerning LP that matter are these: how many years since you won the league? How many years since you won anything?

Any other stats you roll out mean nothing, 0, nada, zilch in the context of what matters.

Stats? When did I mention stats? I paid a compliment to one of your players and get hurled abuse, sensitive lot aren't you smile.gif