Manchester United

redrus

Strange how every time Utd lose a few on the bounce then the excuse is " that they are going through a transitional period " 24.gif

Ok nothing on that one, so could someone explain (perhaps Jimbo) how this transitional period has come about 40.gif

You see Alfie when you have a manager at a top club that has been there for years,they have players that retire and also players that are young and have to be given time to ease into the side....also new players that have been bought need to be eased into the side......this is normally referred to as a transitional period,do you understand now? wink.png

Na Mr Red, nobody has ever retired as a Spur.

Nah that's right...when they get old or crap we sell 'em on to you!

Strange how every time Utd lose a few on the bounce then the excuse is " that they are going through a transitional period " 24.gif

Ok nothing on that one, so could someone explain (perhaps Jimbo) how this transitional period has come about 40.gif

You see Alfie when you have a manager at a top club that has been there for years,they have players that retire and also players that are young and have to be given time to ease into the side....also new players that have been bought need to be eased into the side......this is normally referred to as a transitional period,do you understand now? wink.png

Na Mr Red, nobody has ever retired as a Spur.

Apparently that is because players like Friedel never retire.

I do understand but thats not the case with Utd, why not just say that you are not as good as you use to be instead of trying to flour it up by calling it a transitional period.

Wednesday's team was minus Scholes who only made 16 league appearences last season (so semi retired) 1 new signing in Jones and no youngsters.

Other teams have made more changes from last season than you lot but they don't call it a transitional period when they lose a few games.

Your main problem stems from the fact that over the last few years you havn't bought enough decent young players through and the players you have bought have not been up to the required standard plus you hav'nt bought a world class midfielder.

Other teams have made more changes from last season than you lot but they don't call it a transitional period when they lose a few games.

Spot on

I dont wish to come out as as a supporter for Man Utd.

However, I would point out, they have made numerous changes, they have had numerous injuries and they are still on course to score more points this season than they did last season when they won the championship. So we are hard pressed to claim it is the end of the world for them.

Spot on

However, I would point out, they have made numerous changes, they have had numerous injuries and they are still on course to score more points this season than they did last season when they won the championship. So we are hard pressed to claim it is the end of the world for them.

Youré quite right, they have made changes and have injuries but so does (nearly) everyone else. The point is, nobody else uses "we are in a transtitional period"as an excuse.

Spot on

Youré quite right, they have made changes and have injuries but so does (nearly) everyone else. The point is, nobody else uses "we are in a transtitional period"as an excuse.

Oh sorry.... I was reserving that for the end of our season.

I mean seriously Chelsea won the Premiership two years ago, they have spent an absolute fortune - a City sized fortune. They have nothing to show for it and are an absolute shambles. And we are getting on the back of Man Utd?

Spot on

Where have i said it's the end of the world for them ? and i think they will be still fighting for the title come the end of the season, i just questioned the so called transitional period, which is crap but even if it was true why starting talking about it just because you have lost 2 games ?

Spot on

Where have i said it's the end of the world for them ? and i think they will be still fighting for the title come the end of the season, i just questioned the so called transitional period, which is crap but even if it was true why starting talking about it just because you have lost 2 games ?

You know what they say Alfie....

If you throw a stone...

And a dog barks...

Woof woof....

You guess you hit the the dog.....

Spot on

I think there are a lot of premier league managers (including 3rd placed wobbly chops) that would have loved to have had their budget to spend during their "transitional" period. Pathetic excuse for playing crap football. coffee1.gif

[quote na

me=alfieconn' timestamp='1325928966' post='4962021]

Well at least it looks like we have dispelled the "Transitional Period" myth 1.gif

Till they lose their next game !!

No doubt they're thinking of a new excuse while we speak 23.gif

Well they can't use the "pitch was too heavy" excuse like Fergie did the other week. And that was at their own place. laugh.png

Stop cluttering up my thread with you inane Wuming please.... Tut tut tut, you should know better by now...!! wink.png

redrus

I agree mate....we should be on the Man Yoo in decline thread. laugh.png

Don't worry. You'll just buy big as usual, out gun the little poor teams and harp on again about transitions.

Stop cluttering up my thread with you inane Wuming please.... Tut tut tut, you should know better by now...!! wink.png

redrus

I agree mate....we should be on the Man Yoo in decline thread. laugh.png

Don't worry. You'll just buy big as usual, out gun the little poor teams and harp on again about transitions.

Actually I find United rather complacent about their current predicament. Every thing seems to be down to a couple of injuries, transition - they are pretty confident they will come through in the end and that City will fold. There is more of a 'we dont need to have to go out and buy at this stage' attitude.

And it seems to me that that is where they are perhaps going wrong. City look the stronger side starting at the goalkeeper, through the backline, into the midfield and with the front 4 or so. They also have the depth that they just dont look likely to string a run of bad games together.

Tonight's match should be interesting.

Hmmm, seems to have gone very quiet on here in the last few days, now i wonder why that would be 39.gif

We don't talk <deleted> for the sake of it Alfie,unlike some of you! licklips.gif big game tonight for both sides,i am feeling confident that we will perform for this one and give City a game this time,should be a cracking FA Cup tie and may the best team on the day win.

Abrak......which couple of injuries do you want to pick out?

Well your team has been troubled by niggling injuries most of the season. I think that currently 9 out of 25 are injured.

The big blow though is the loss of Vidic (which is a bit like Liverpool losing Leiva). Vidic is arguably the most consistent centre-back in the League and your back line is not quite the same without him. In his six league matches that he played in 11/12, Utd conceded a total of 2 goals. And they have conceded 3 in each of their last two matches.