Manchester United

redrus

Sure Alfie,i have not seen enough of the guy to offer an opinion either way! all i do know is with the Japs you get 100% commitment and good pros so if he is as good as they say then it will be a good buy.

I would love United to do an Asian tour next year also!

Sure Alfie,i have not seen enough of the guy to offer an opinion either way! all i do know is with the Japs you get 100% commitment and good pros so if he is as good as they say then it will be a good buy.

There is talk there is two games planned in china this off season, maybe khon kaen reds will be off there if it is the case matewhistling.gif

Just looked nev they have a game in Norway and i think will stay closer to home because of the Euros and Olympics,but next year i expect a trip here and China,Japan....so its a plan mate ;-)

It's amazing who Utd will buy just to sell a few shirts 23.gif

Can't blame em really. When Sun Je Hai played for City and the other Chinese guy for Everton, it was the biggest televised game in China when they played each other. Even though the Chinese market is obviously mainly copy shirts, it's still good to get them supporting your team early. It's all about branding now.

To be fair to United it started way back when they signed Park and that kid Dong from China who was crap and now considered a traitor!

The Chinese players seem to be not as tough as the Japs and we are still waiting for a good one to make it into the big sides around the world.

Can't blame em really. When Sun Je Hai played for City and the other Chinese guy for Everton, it was the biggest televised game in China when they played each other. Even though the Chinese market is obviously mainly copy shirts, it's still good to get them supporting your team early. It's all about branding now.

The Asians are getting into the real McCoy if experience in my Thai village is anything to go by. Last month I visited the Emirates and a shopping mall JD Sports store (to save me a trip to the Theatre of Dreams) and came back with fulfilled orders of 5 Arsenal shirts at 1,800 baht apiece (ok so 2 of them were for my wife and one daughter) and 2 Man U at 2,300. Some were miffed I had not shelled out the (very substantial) extra on their behalf to have names and numbers printed! And yes they have reimbursed me already.

I would post a picture of our 15 year old in her Theo Walcott shirt but it would burn a hole through this thread - seriously cute. They had only one S left so my wife nabbed vPersie) and my daughter's second pick of Wilshere (prompted by the JD Sports sales assistant's observations that all the girls are gagging for him) also went by the wayside. Yes - I know that means my family could be out of date in 2 months time (both could have moved on), but don't let that spoil their satisfaction please.

Hush it up please (and please don't tell my girls) - the authentic Arsenal shirts sold in the UK (Emirates and high street stores) with the authentic label (as copied authentically with an authentic label on the versions sold at Chong Jom border market for a tenth the price) are ....... you guessed ...... MADE IN THAILAND!

The Asians are getting into the real McCoy if experience in my Thai village is anything to go by. Last month I visited the Emirates and a shopping mall JD Sports store (to save me a trip to the Theatre of Dreams) and came back with fulfilled orders of 5 Arsenal shirts at 1,800 baht apiece (ok so 2 of them were for my wife and one daughter) and 2 Man U at 2,300. Some were miffed I had not shelled out the (very substantial) extra on their behalf to have names and numbers printed! And yes they have reimbursed me already.

Of course there will be some who can afford the real McCoy, that is why I said "mainly" but that is not the norm, especially in China. I can guarantee you that the majority will not stump up about a weeks wages for a shirt.

Paul Scholes, as expected, signed up today for another season..come in the knockers.

Ben Amos,21, 3rd choice goalie but a good prospect some at United think he will be as good as Joe Hart, signed 3 year deal.

Shinji Kagawa deal,expected done deal by the weekend. Asian players always a risk in EPL but this boy does have the makings. 13 goals in 31 appearances in the German league last season, no mean feat. Plenty of footage on you tube and yes he wil sell a lot of shirts back in Japan where he is a poster boy.Dont see anything wrong with that part of the modern game, like it or not.

Paul Scholes, as expected, signed up today for another season..come in the knockers.

Ben Amos,21, 3rd choice goalie but a good prospect some at United think he will be as good as Joe Hart, signed 3 year deal.

Shinji Kagawa deal,expected done deal by the weekend. Asian players always a risk in EPL but this boy does have the makings. 13 goals in 31 appearances in the German league last season, no mean feat. Plenty of footage on you tube and yes he wil sell a lot of shirts back in Japan where he is a poster boy.Dont see anything wrong with that part of the modern game, like it or not.

Theres seems to be some deep rooted insecurity here.

You are giving Scholes another years pay because you can't affoerd Wesley or Modric.

Scholes will just paper over the cracks for next season

Theres seems to be some deep rooted insecurity here.

You are giving Scholes another years pay because you can't affoerd Wesley or Modric.

Scholes will just paper over the cracks for next season

nah nah Carms their problems are all solved, they're getting in some sushi chef called Kagama or something 21.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Theres (sic) seems to be some deep rooted insecurity here. Spuds chatterboxes beginning to think that there's no pay-dirt in want-away Alice Modric after all?

Edit: but then with irrational spendthrift owners abounding who can tell til the fat lady sings (he hastily added to protect himself from subsequent ridicule as the least-needy Citeh arabian gentlemen step in with an "And we'll have one of those too please" offer of 30 mil).

Edited by SantiSuk

There is talk there is two games planned in china this off season, maybe khon kaen reds will be off there if it is the case matewhistling.gif

As i stated we have at least one game in China on 25th july v Shanghai Shenhua at Shanghai stadium, for the Chevrolet china cup.

For one of our new sponsors Chevrolet who have replaced audi.

Theres (sic) seems to be some deep rooted insecurity here. Spuds chatterboxes beginning to think that there's no pay-dirt in want-away Alice Modric after all?

Edit: but then with irrational spendthrift owners abounding who can tell til the fat lady sings (he hastily added to protect himself from subsequent ridicule as the least-needy Citeh arabian gentlemen step in with an "And we'll have one of those too please" offer of 30 mil).

In plain English please...

I see Rio Ferdinand wants to go into management after he 'hangs up his boots'.At the post match press conferences,they'll be spit and gob flying everywhere if he loses his temper, so the press boys had better pack their umbrellas.

I see Rio Ferdinand wants to go into management after he 'hangs up his boots'.At the post match press conferences,they'll be spit and gob flying everywhere if he loses his temper, so the press boys had better pack their umbrellas.

Worry not. Old Snoop Rio Dog will just have a quick puff to calm himself.

Worry not. Old Snoop Rio Dog will just have a quick puff to calm himself.

Reckon he might be doing a bit of puffing right this minute, the way he is being overlooked for England. I actually agreed when he was initially not named in the squad, as he is too unreliable with injuries, but now that Cahill is out, to be replacing him with Kelly, doesn't seem right.

United agree Kagawa deal

Transfer of Japan ace subject to medical and work permit

Kagawa1_2765333.jpg

Manchester United have confirmed they have 'agreed terms' for the transfer of highly-rated Japanese midfielder Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund.

Negotiations have been on-going with the 23-year-old for a number of weeks.

The deal, which is thought to be worth £12million, potentially rising to £17million with add-ons, is subject to a medical and work permit, although this is believed to be a formality.

The Japan international has established himself as a key figure at Dortmund after arriving from native club Cerezo Osaka in 2010, scoring 17 goals in all competitions last season.

He marks United's first signing this summer as Sir Alex Ferguson looks to bolster his midfield options.

It is not anticipated the deal will be completed until the end of the month as Kagawa is currently on international duty and played in Japan's 3-0 World Cup qualifying round victory over Oman at the weekend.

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed terms with both Borussia Dortmund and Shinji Kagawa for his transfer to the club," said a United statement.

"The deal is subject only to the player medical and obtaining a UK work permit. These conditions are anticipated to be completed by the end of June.

"Further details will be announced in due course."

Source http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7795893/United-agree-Kagawa-deal